Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I'm kinda wondering about The Secret World too - I did play it over the weekend, but it didn't exactly drag me in. I had the whole weekend free but only bothered with it for around 10 hours max...on Sunday I logged out and haven't given much thought to it since other than "Hmmmm is it subscription...do I want to pay monthly for it...did I fundamentally misunderstand the much hyped skill system".

Back on topic - I do think, maybe I'm off base, but a GW2 stress test seems a little premature if they don't plan on releasing 'til the fall.
    Personally, just continuing the off topic a bit, I am a bit disappointed by the gameplay I've seen of the Secret World. That couple with funcom and subscription is making me not buy it. Which is sad because I think the concept is awesome.

On topic though, there was a stress test before last beta weekend, and they had login issues so I'm just thinking that they fixed it the last day of the BWE and did some more server tweaks and wanted to double check all was fine before the next BWE. I don't know but if they keep getting more people pre-purchasing maybe we'll see a stress test before every BWE?
    Honestly, if the Q3 finishes in September 30th it can be anywhere from now to...Setember 30th, so it might not be as bad as we're thinking. (Though I wish it was now, because I officially finished for the Summer today and I could use something to play T_T)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    "but kids play outside during holidays"
    Not any more.

On vacay and only have a 3g internet connection at my disposal, not to mention I obviously can't lug my desktop around with me, but anyone notice a performance increase since the last beta on their rig?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Personally, just continuing the off topic a bit, I am a bit disappointed by the gameplay I've seen of the Secret World. That couple with funcom and subscription is making me not buy it. Which is sad because I think the concept is awesome.
    Yeah, the concept is great...and a game set in modern times etc is really refreshing...and it was atmospheric - but...it got kinda samey, and the skills - I was able to take all but 2 active skills off the skill bar and be just as effective. That could just be a balance thing I guess...I couldn't find a weapon swap button either, so although you can technically mix and match skills, realistically you'll only get other weapon skills to lead up to passive skills - and so many are weapon dependent..so... I'll see anyway...there's another beta this weekend, I *might* pop on for a while...but am not that fussed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    On topic though, there was a stress test before last beta weekend, and they had login issues so I'm just thinking that they fixed it the last day of the BWE and did some more server tweaks and wanted to double check all was fine before the next BWE. I don't know but if they keep getting more people pre-purchasing maybe we'll see a stress test before every BWE?
    Honestly, if the Q3 finishes in September 30th it can be anywhere from now to...Setember 30th, so it might not be as bad as we're thinking. (Though I wish it was now, because I officially finished for the Summer today and I could use something to play T_T)
    Ah - I didn't know there had been a prior stress test too. As long as the european servers are sorted from now on I'm happy :-)

Congratulations for starting your summer break! Am jealous...work, work, work for me. There's always D3.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    On vacay and only have a 3g internet connection at my disposal, not to mention I obviously can't lug my desktop around with me, but anyone notice a performance increase since the last beta on their rig?
    Other than it was totally smooth gameplay (no european server issues etc) I didn't notice any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be one of "those people" but I noticed during the stress test...

That anytime a water elementalist was nearby working towards the same objectives, my health was suddenly no longer a concern for me. I'm honestly starting to worry about this...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Probably just coincidence. I played around with a water focused build on my elementalist and it healed for crap.

Deleted
    I couldn't find a weapon swap button either, so although you can technically mix and match skills, realistically you'll only get other weapon skills to lead up to passive skills - and so many are weapon dependent..so...
    There's no need for a weapon swap. I had pistols and a sword equipped, and skills for both pistols and sword on my action bar.
    Whenever I used a pistol skill my character used the guns to fire it off, and when I used a sword skill he slashed with the sword. No swapping necessary, the character swings whichever weapon is needed for the skill you currently use.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Probably just coincidence. I played around with a water focused build on my elementalist and it healed for crap.
    It is not supposed to heal for a lot, you're not a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure it wouldn't if you had Compassion. (lolpuns)

My point mostly being that Compassion-geared water Elementalists are seeming, to me, to be so good at healing that the community at large will eventually see them as required. Even if they're not "dedicated" healers, they still provide large amounts of healing to the group, both directly and through CPCs.

---------- Post added 2012-05-15 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    There's no need for a weapon swap. I had pistols and a sword equipped, and skills for both pistols and sword on my action bar.
    Whenever I used a pistol skill my character used the guns to fire it off, and when I used a sword skill he slashed with the sword. No swapping necessary, the character swings whichever weapon is needed for the skill you currently use.
    What are you talking about?

Weapon swap = switching to second set of weapons = completely different skills (assuming you were smart enough to put DIFFERENT weapons there)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Yeah I understand that. I was just testing it out to see how much healing I could actually put out. It's a decent support build although I found much better support options on a Guardian than I did with the elementalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I understand that. I was just testing it out to see how much healing I could actually put out. It's a decent support build although I found much better support options on a Guardian than I did with the elementalist.
    Well maybe that's part of it. I remember running through some underground caves with a Guardian and a water Elementalist BOTH at my back.

Deleted
    Ah! Thanks for that! Now it makes sense :-)

Can this just be our secret :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    What are you talking about?

Weapon swap = switching to second set of weapons = completely different skills (assuming you were smart enough to put DIFFERENT weapons there)
    That was in reply to someone talking about TSW.
    Read before reply thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was in reply to someone talking about TSW.
    Read before reply thanks.
    Jeez, no need to be a dick about it. Nothing in your post or the quoted post indicated that it wasn't about GW2, and this DOES happen to be the GW2 sub-forums. Hence the "what are you talking about?" line.

Deleted
    Jeez, no need to be a dick about it. Nothing in your post or the quoted post indicated that it wasn't about GW2, and this DOES happen to be the GW2 sub-forums. Hence the "what are you talking about?" line.
    My fault - I made a small remark about weapons in TSW and Falkman gave me a very helpful pointer.

*sob* It was just a small TSW comment...I didn't mean no 'arm by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My fault - I made a small remark about weapons in TSW and Falkman gave me a very helpful pointer.

*sob* It was just a small TSW comment...I didn't mean no 'arm by it.
    You're not allowed to take responsibility for other people being rude. :O!

Well maybe that's part of it. I remember running through some underground caves with a Guardian and a water Elementalist BOTH at my back.
    A good guardian being awesome will outweigh a trickle from a Water Ele, always.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    A good guardian being awesome will outweigh a trickle from a Water Ele, always.
    Don't be so sure about that. Water Ele's are more than just "trickles" when they're good.

Don't be so sure about that. Water Ele's are more than just "trickles" when they're good.
    Taking 0 damage > outhealing it.

But the two of them together do pose serious balance implications in five mans. A very, very fine line to be walking.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Yeah, I'd hate to see that become the norm in LFM for a dungeon.