Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    You guys are sexist jerks. Is it not possible that 1 city confuses me so? That it's just possibly not that "clear cut" for everyone regardless of chromosome? Jerks. >.>

I would not die if they were not idiots. When I see healers die to AE, DPS numbers not where they should be or someone standing in the blizzard at Sapprion-- I am out of that clusterfuck.
    lol poor fencers are you getin picked on? Although I have to admit I tended to get turned around in UC more often than any other horde city pre cata. I wasnt so much lost its just every time I tried to get somewhere without checking the map first I'd belatedly realize I was halfway around the city from where I thought I was going. I'd get there eventualy but I'd almost always end up on the scenic route. Then cata happened and orgramar became a nightmare.

As for tanking I had 2 responces normaly to a fight going south. First was my panic button that would atempt to fire any CD I had that was not already on CD. Basicly a hunker and pray someone can fix the problem befor temporary invulnerability runs out. This was normaly on bosses where fleeing was not an option. Second was yell out "Get to teh Choppa!" grab agro on everything and bolt away from the group. My groups learned quick that this ment they had 10seconds to run because by second 11 either the mob had killed me and was on the way back or I'd be looping back past them with the pack hot on my heels If they were not smart enough to take the opertunity to be faster than the slowest thats their problem :P

Who is John Galt?

I don't care about dying in games where death is meaningless; WOW, Rift, TOR, etc. In a real MMO, I abhor xp debt/delevel.

I don't care about dying in games where death is meaningless; WOW, Rift, TOR, etc. In a real MMO, I abhor xp debt/delevel.
    I've played a few with XP debt not full Delevel though, at least not for any length of time. I technicly played EQ for all of a day but that does not count in my book. erm hmm now that I think about it I cant remember if DAOC was a debt or a delevel, was one of the two. Anyway I often took the approach of if I'm the tank I'm likely going to die first to any situation you wouldnt get calld a moron for dieing in. I learned when a situation was going bad, when I had no hope of escapeing, when I could escape, and how much lead time I could give the group and still escape. I took the whole first and last line of defence fairly seriously.

Who is John Galt?

Only playing a tank because I hate dying in the first place. >.>

I don't subscribe to the belief that as a tank I am supposed to accumulate xpdebt/delevel for the sake of others. Fuck. That.

What..................what the living fak did I just read? o.0
    I think ppl are a lil antsy for beta lol

yep.. these two days are gonna take years off my life on the wait.

Only playing a tank because I hate dying in the first place. >.>

I don't subscribe to the belief that as a tank I am supposed to accumulate xpdebt/delevel for the sake of others. Fuck. That.
    oh If I can get away I will but if I dont think I can get away I'll at least give my party the chance. On the other hand if my party kills me on a regular basis they are going to find themselves short a tank :P

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Sorry this might sound a bit weird but I'm slightly nervous because since the new patch the fps on the login screen has dropped significantly (according to fraps) at around 30% less. I realise the login screen does not correlate to the actual game's performance but it's a bit weird that it has suddenly gotten worse since the recent update.

Hopefully my computer is just acting up, but has anyone had any similar changes or know why it might be doing this? Don't want to login on Friday and see that my performance has actually gotten worse lol

Did you check the settings? The update reset some settings.

You may be seeing the results of a framerate cap. Last BWE the login screen was uncaped and basicly made vid cards run at 100% capacity for no reason. Since the big patch its only runing my vid card at 20-30% preoverclock capacity. Theres really no reason for them to let the login screen run at 999fps just cause a high end card can handle it.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    5 at start

you can buy more in the cash shop though to a maximum of 10.
    Source on cap?
    I heard nothing about a cap of 10, and can't think of a reason why they would put a cap on.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Source on cap?
    I heard nothing about a cap of 10, and can't think of a reason why they would put a cap on.
    ya I've heard nothing about a cap on character slots you can buy. you'd think they'd happily keep takeing your money if you wanted to buy more. I'm sure they have a cap somewhere for technical reasons but I doubt they'd set it as low as 10.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    ya I've heard nothing about a cap on character slots you can buy. you'd think they'd happily keep takeing your money if you wanted to buy more. I'm sure they have a cap somewhere for technical reasons but I doubt they'd set it as low as 10.
    Well especially with the cap in GW1 being 26. By 'can't think of a reason there would be a cap' I meant 'can't think of a reason they would put such a low cap'. =P

I will not be satisfied unless there are 80 character slots!
    One for each race, gender and profession combination.
    Make it so Anet! I demand it!

sea of sorrow mif? definitely gonna bug you ingame

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I will not be satisfied unless there are 80 character slots!
    One for each race, gender and profession combination.
    Make it so Anet! I demand it!
    thats going to be enough to satisfy you? you obviously have no comitment to GW2 and should be ashamed of yourself. We obviously must have enough slots that we can have one of every character creation combonation for each race gender and profession.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    sea of sorrow mif? definitely gonna bug you ingame
    You're going to have to make a character in a hurry, because once the server fills up and is flagged as full you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You're going to have to make a character in a hurry, because once the server fills up and is flagged as full you can't.
    awww depends what time sis goes to work since i gotta use her comp because mines a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    thats going to be enough to satisfy you? you obviously have no comitment to GW2 and should be ashamed of yourself. We obviously must have enough slots that we can have one of every character creation combonation for each race gender and profession.
    Lol...that would be. My god...it's full of stars level mindblowing.
    And appropriately astronomically expensive.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Guess I'll be getting up at 3am then to try to get on the server.
    Shame! xD

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Lol...that would be. My god...it's full of stars level mindblowing.
    And appropriately astronomically expensive.

---------- Post added 2012-06-06 at 03:45 AM ----------

Guess I'll be getting up at 3am then to try to get on the server.
    Shame! xD
    lol nevermind forgot you're in china. i was like 3 am? wtf