Should mention that it also matters on the friend. If it was launch day, however, the friend would not matter.

There was a very small patch (like 50mb?) recently for whoever cares. Perhaps why we have not seen full patch notes of every change? Still updating it and all that?

Too many "ifs". Friends aren't that damn precious. Doubtful you're going to have the time of your life every time you meet a friend on Saturday for a smoothie at the Coldstone.

There are a few friends I would give up a simple BWE for. None I would give up a launch day for.. but come on, it's a BWE. >.>

Better solution, have friend(s) get GW2, play BWEs with friend(s), win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    There are a few friends I would give up a simple BWE for. None I would give up a launch day for.. but come on, it's a BWE. >.>
    "Hey bud, let's schedule it for next week. I'll even make it up to you. Sexy times."

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    "Hey bud, let's schedule it for next week. I'll even make it up to you. Sexy times."
    As I said in a previous post, it depends on the friend and the situation. Someone I have the opportunity to see every weekend I would reschedule. Someone I'm able to see rarely for something I can't reschedule, I'd ignore the BWE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    I'm excited for this. I just hope that the questions aren't all completely about trait and skill tiers.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    I'm excited for this. I just hope that the questions aren't all completely about trait and skill tiers.
    I do intend to ask exactly one about tiered traits: "Since you didn't mention it in the blog, are traits tiered or not?"
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    1day 23h 56m 30s

wooooooooooooooooooo

Deleted
    I don't know if anyone saw it, but they just answered a question about the traits decision:
    There were a number of problems with the old system that we felt required a change. We believe this new system keeps the spirit of the old system, while actually working better in the long run. Here are the problems we believe this change solve:
    1) Best builds were all 30,10,10,10,10. There was always a super strong trait in every line which made each player only put 10 points into that trait line and still gain a very powerful benefit. In the new system this will still be true, but it will be tempered because people will be giving up going 20 or 30 points into multiple lines. This has allowed us to shift traits around so that more of them get play at different levels, meaning they don’t all have to compete against each other at tier 1.
    2) This system is so much easier to balance. It is not reasonable to make 12 equally useful traits, particularly given how some of them had niche effects. Making 12 equal traits is harder, takes longer and ultimately leads to some traits seeing a lot less use. Finally an important point is that balance creates more choice as well because unbalanced and bad builds aren’t really options. The old system created a very small subset of über-builds which stomped out a lot of the good builds along with the bad ones.
    3) Opportunity Costs are what make interesting choices. Trait tiers allow us to split the traits. 6 allowed in slot 1, 10 (6 tier 1 and 4 tier 2) allowed in slot 2, and 12(6 tier 1, 4 tier 2 and 2 tier 3) allowed in slot 3. The final 2 tier 3 traits are "elite"-like, in the sense that you can only ever have one of them on your build at once. If I'm making a damage warrior I am going to put 30 points into strength, same as every other big damage warrior, but now those characters are all guaranteed to be split at least in half forcing you to not take one of the two exclusive final traits. Before, anytime a character went 30 points in a line they were taking the same 3 (maybe 3 out of 4) traits.
    4) Option Shock. New players at level 20 were clicking on a trait line for the first time and seeing 12 options which was very overwhelming. This gives them a bit of a reprieve to pick between a smaller number of traits at first and then learn more as they have played their character more.
    5) Putting 30 points into a line left you with a climax of picking the third most interesting trait which did not feel good. Players want to feel like that decision to go 30 is a big decision and that when they make it they get to make a big decision that simply could not happen in the old system. Now when you commit to 30 points you are rewarded with an important choice as well as options that you didn't previously have.
    Finally, these are not the final balance numbers or often even the final traits/functionality and we will be iterating on this system as we move towards release. I know for certain there are already a number of changes I wish I could have made before this weekend, but they will have to wait until next time. If you had a really fun build before this change and it is lost now, post it in our beta forums and we can figure out how to make it viable. The intention here was not to remove fun, good builds but to create more viable builds that will increase the variety of characters in the game.
    Jon P
    And here's the original link http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...e_next/c4x43mi

It seems fairly reasonable to me...

Hehe, I was just about to repost that and beam with self satisfaction.

Deleted
    Seems very reasonable to me. They clearly said that, if you had a build that would be broken with the new system, you can post in the beta forums and they'll have a look at it and see if they can put it in somehow. So they do still listen.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-06-06 at 07:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hehe, I was just about to repost that and beam with self satisfaction.
    Self satisfaction about understanding something that's incredibly obvious to everybody involved? O_o

I don't understand. All five of those points were mentioned in this thread alone, and they weren't all mentioned by you, so... yeah, I'm just confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    They also said that, if you had a build that would be broken with the new system, you can post in the beta forums and they'll have a look at it and see if they can put it in somehow. So they do still listen.
    That is something I find to be relieving, to be honest.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-06 at 07:33 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Anyones gw2 crashing when updating? (did the big update yesterday had a new one smaller today, crashing...)

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Self satisfaction about understanding something that's incredibly obvious to everybody involved? O_o
    Not so sure about this, honestly. I think there was a lot of... well, stupid surrounding the tiered changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not so sure about this, honestly. I think there was a lot of... well, stupid surrounding the tiered changes.
    I think I'll have to agree with you there. I probably would call it more panic than stupid though.

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Anyones gw2 crashing when updating? (did the big update yesterday had a new one smaller today, crashing...)
    Mine kept doing that, I waited a few more minutes then tried again and it went fine. So just keep trying...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I think I'll have to agree with you there. I probably would call it more panic than stupid though.

Mine kept doing that, I waited a few more minutes then tried again and it went fine. So just keep trying...
    Will do, thx .)

Deleted
    Good news! We have an exciting new finale for this event! I've tried to make each event feel special and capping it off differently was a cool way to do that while trying out new things with our systems. This time around, though, my new co-conspirator Anthony Ordon came up with a really cool idea that we had to bring in additional people to implement. This finale was definitely more than a one person job.
    Won't be missing it this time 'round.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, what we all care about in an online world is making a living world that stands the test of time, where players can keep having fun with their friends year after year. So success isn't based on how many copies the game sells up front. Success is based on whether people keep playing the game over time. And financially, success is based on whether people keep supporting the game by buying new content.

Second, I'll address this idea that the time of MMOs is closing. If the word "MMO" means the same game mechanics that companies have been hashing out again and again for the last decade, fine, let them rot. But if you change the word "MMO" to "online world", then I bet we can agree that "online worlds" are only going to keep growing in importance.

~ MO
    So we can officially bitch-slap people who continue to say that "ANet doesn't care if you stop playing, they already have your money." Mike O'Brien has now officially said that they do care.

Also, saw something neato posted in response to it: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3plxv4/