10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    Cant remember where i saw it but they had stated there was gonna be 5 returning classes with 3 brand new. So far the returning classes are Warrior, Ranger, Necromancer, Elementalist. The 3 brand new have been Engineer, Thief and Guardian. The only original classes left are Monk and Mesmer. Seeing as theres no dedicated healer and that the protection/smiting theme of the monk has been spiritually succeeded by the Guardian it only leaves Mesmer =)
    I think it was before the guardian release that they stated that, of the remaining classes (so guardian,engineer,thief and "class X") at least 1 would be brand new(guardian and engineer), at least 1 would be returning, but reworked with a different name (thief) and at least 1 would be returning with the same name (profession X, so a scholar from gw1)
    I'll try and find the reference

Deleted
    Who cares bout Mesmers or the new class. A few grenades to the face and it ends up like a pile of dust just like everything else. Pew pew.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    Who cares bout Mesmers or the new class. A few grenades to the face and it ends up like a pile of dust just like everything else. Pew pew.
    Not if the Mesmer makes it so you can't throw them, and makes you believe you've been turned to stone.

Deleted
    Beta will be later this year. Hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    they're on track for closed beta the second half of this year

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I'm really hoping for beta soon, i havn\t played an mmorpg in like 4 to 5 months.
    I'm pretty sure the first few beta phases will be shortly after they reveal the last class. At least it wouldn't be unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    they're on track for closed beta the second half of this year
    Beta already started, that's one of the main things the ambassador contest was about, but there should be another beta starting before 2012 according to their shareholder conference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Beta already started, that's one of the main things the ambassador contest was about, but there should be another beta starting before 2012 according to their shareholder conference.
    Actually it's Alpha at the moment. Beta hasn't started yet since they told us they would announce it.

Closed beta will begin in the later half of this year (after 15 july) And from the feedback they recieve from closed they will decide when to release open beta and later on full game release

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Actually it's Alpha at the moment. Beta hasn't started yet since they told us they would announce it.
    That's what i meant :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    Closed beta will begin in the later half of this year (after 15 july) And from the feedback they recieve from closed they will decide when to release open beta and later on full game release
    I got lucky with Warhammer and Cataclysm (which both ended up sucking, haha) so i hope lady luck smiles upon me again!

There was some speculation recently about the open beta coming by the end of the year due to a certain quote in a Ten Ton Hammer Interview. The quote read:

Players can look forward to swinging wrenches and sidestepping mines when Guild Wars 2 enters beta later this year.
    I'm pretty sure they're just reffering to the closed beta, but some people are being overly optimistic and taking it to mean an open beta. While I'd love for that to be true, I think I'll remain sceptical for now to avoid disapointment.

Well they mentioned that open beta would be very short anyways. Open betas are pretty much a glorified trial nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanggaxx View Post
    I got lucky with Warhammer and Cataclysm (which both ended up sucking, haha) so i hope lady luck smiles upon me again!
    Well for me I won't be playing open beta nor closed Well maybe closed IF I get picked, to just break the game for em

Why? When it comes out I want every single moment to be either "OMG thats awsome" or "Wooooow, I've never seen anything like this"
    Don't wanna ruin it over a beta :O I might change my mind tho if one of my friends convince me or people say it sucks so I have to try it out myself before trusting them xD (Yes if people says it owns I trust them, if not Open beta it is!)

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well they mentioned that open beta would be very short anyways. Open betas are pretty much a glorified trial nowadays.
    Ye, Anet also stated that their open beta wouldn't really be a beta, it would be more of a trial or "pre-launch"

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    SNIP
    Or there's also the confirmed source from their shareholder meeting where they said beta would start in 2011 and the game would be released in 2012

im a very indecisive person so i hope i get into beta if only so i can make and play the 15 chars it will take for me to pick one =P

i played WoW for 2 months before i got a character pass lvl 20 lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Do you realise that you will the only player in the zone while everyone will be at level 80 zones? Do you realize that events are same events in the same place and they repeat each few hours? Do you realize that most of events you'll encounter will be in their reset-to-start faze?

Try to think for a month or two in the future.

And of course there will not be 'thousands' of players even after release, as the game will have multiple separate servers.
    Do you ever have anything positive to say? Or do you just insult any game you can all day long?
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Do you ever have anything positive to say? Or do you just insult any game you can all day long?
    Just insults games all day long, pushing incorrect information into people who come here to find about other games.

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Tbh, myself I don't mind him having an opinion about the game. But he is expressing it in quite a crude way and the information he is "handing out" is far from correct, which could just misslead people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    Tbh, myself I don't mind him having an opinion about the game. But he is expressing it in quite a crude way and the information he is "handing out" is far from correct, which could just misslead people
    It's not an opinion hes adding to the thread. It's just crap. No intention of dicussing anything useful, just bashing every game. He does it in more than this GW2 thread.