Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You mean like how their forum mods delete GW2 threads in Wow general for being off topic, but mysteriously miss a GW2 bashing thread that was active for 2 days, was the 5th most popular thread in the entire forum, and only stopped when it hit the 25 page / 500 post limit.
    what happens in the forums is one thing, what is added to the game is another. Game Developers =/= Forum Mods.

Learn the difference. its kinda big.

Please understand that in the case you pointed out, the bashing was done by the players, and they (by they I mean forum mods, rather than developers and artists who's job is something else entirely) looked the other way.

Its not even REMOTELY the same as when the ACTUAL DEVELOPERS (rather than the players) are doing the bashing. Players are not professionals (in fact, many are just spoiled brats with an attitude problem). Developers are expected to act differently.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-08-19 at 06:51 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

You mean like how their forum mods delete GW2 threads in Wow general for being off topic, but mysteriously miss a GW2 bashing thread that was active for 2 days, was the 5th most popular thread in the entire forum, and only stopped when it hit the 25 page / 500 post limit.
    Some of those posts were not actually in English or used real words. Am I crazy or out of touch?

I read up to page 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the community managers who oversee the forums aren't held to any professional standards?

So the community managers who oversee the forums aren't held to any professional standards?
    Not to the same degree as the actual developers of the game, no. They are there just to handle the feedback, and if you know anything about the internet, you know people are assholes. Its not as easy as it sounds to maintain order among that chaos. But keeping order within the actual makers of the game is more imperative.

Public opinion, no matter how ugly it may be, is NEVER gonna be a part of the product itself.

I wouldn't hold it against Anet if their own forum mods were this clumsy (and by clumsy I mean looking the other way when players bash other games. If they themselves are doing the bashing, something outta be done)

So no, the customer support people are just pawns, its the generals that need to be held to higher standards.

To give you an idea of what I mean:

Lets say for a moment that all the mods on this very site, just get a spontaneous attack of laziness, and they stop moderating the forums, and ohh boy the dam breaks open and all manners of insults, trollish behavior, gamebashing, and every form of internet deuchebagery imaginable is unleashed.

Its still not as bad as if Boubouille himself or Chaud openly participated in said deuchebagery and trollish behavior.

Its just not the same.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-08-19 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, any of you going to multi-level professions on day one? I'm, going to lvl a warrior, necro and a ranger. It's because I'm having a hard time picking a main. In pass MMO's, I mainly stuck to playing to one toon like a rogue in WoW, and a bounty hunter in SWTOR, and a mage in FFO. In GW2 I find it harder to stick with one, I find them all fun to play.

Double standards.

Best Blizz CMs left the building (forums) ages ago.

edit: nvm other part.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-08-19 at 07:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    So games don't have to be professional both in-side the game and on their own forums. Nice, that's nice.

Community managers are PR tools not Moderators.

They have moderator powers but they are also here to promote the company's product. Really I'm surprised it surprises you.

I wouldn't bet on it. On the Mop beta, the Horde Pandaren representative (Ji Firepaw) made a different greeting to you if you were male (mostly praise to your skill and a bro'fist) but flirted with you if you were female (mostly saying you're gorgeous and if you wanted to date him)

After the shitstorm that formed regarding a harlmess little line, they removed it. And it was just a slightly flirty remark. If someone found out an open mock to another game hidden on some zone, you can bet they'd remove it. Sometimes disgruntled artists pull dick moves like that. Like that old SNES basketball game that had a hidden easter egg that showed a dildo, that was from one of the artists that was fired prior to the game being released.
    What was the complaint based on ? Inequality of npc lines ? I didn't know WoW had become so mainstream as to adopt the worst of it.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-19 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gknight View Post
    So, any of you going to multi-level professions on day one? I'm, going to lvl a warrior, necro and a ranger. It's because I'm having a hard time picking a main. In pass MMO's, I mainly stuck to playing to one toon like a rogue in WoW, and a bounty hunter in SWTOR, and a mage in FFO. In GW2 I find it harder to stick with one, I find them all fun to play.
    Dont know, i wanted to go Elementalists first, but after going Warrior as i didnt want to spoil Ele for me, i fell in love with Warriors. Sylvari Ele and Charr Warr with main focus on Charr Warrior i think.

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 08:15 PM ----------

So i read that whole bashing thread. The lvl of misinformation was strong to say the least. Some people tried to correct the errors, but were eaten up by Blizz lovers. No one tried to think that it could mean possibly something else then that "WoW is dead!" At the end of thread, like 3rd of 4th last post someone actually had gotten a different understanding of it and was reffering to the death mechanic in both games. Turns out however, this was done by someone who left Anet. Hope people find that out, especially that non-biased GW2 lover Infinite.

Deleted
    Idk I think if I start one I'll get buyers remorse and go to another, than go back and forth in spurts til something esplodes

Deleted
    I want to be able to make romantic choises in mah personal story D:

though one time I thought a Sylvari was flirting with me in my storyline. And my character went along with it since he offered her to sleep over or something idk for sure anymore. it was strange though since the female sylvari had just lost her beloved and she was like " NO WAY I'M EVAH GONNA MOVE ON, HE WAS MAH EVERYTHANG "

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    I want to be able to make romantic choises in mah personal story D:

though one time I thought a Sylvari was flirting with me in my storyline. And my character went along with it since he offered her to sleep over or something idk for sure anymore. it was strange though since the female sylvari had just lost her beloved and she was like " NO WAY I'M EVAH GONNA MOVE ON, HE WAS MAH EVERYTHANG "
    Thanks for spoiling D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Thanks for spoiling D:
    im prolly completely wrong though

it was in the last beta and I have the short-term memory of a beach ball

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    im prolly completely wrong though

it was in the last beta and I have the short-term memory of a beach ball
    Well, but you aren't :P

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Thanks for spoiling D:
    I can't possibly see how on earth could he had spoiled anything at all. He didn't mentioned what race his toon was, nor what background, nor the name of the sylvary, nor the zone where this happened. There's not much to spoil here skipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    So games don't have to be professional both in-side the game and on their own forums. Nice, that's nice.
    They "should" be professional on both, but lets not kid ourselves here. The forums of any game (OF ANY GAME, no exceptions here) are always gonna be a cesspool of QQ, raging, rants, bile, poison, and other less-than-pretty aspects of the internet. And try as they may, nobody will ever make an official forum look pretty (And I've been on the official forums of A LOT of games, including wow, SWTOR, Lineage II, LoL, Team Fortress 2, Silkroad, and a really long ect)

However, just because the forums look like crap, doesn't mean the game should too. Forums are filled with players, what is inside of the game was made by professionals.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    What was the complaint based on ? Inequality of npc lines ? I didn't know WoW had become so mainstream as to adopt the worst of it.
    I can't possibly understand what the fuss was about. Supposedly it was sexist of him to be flirting with every female player, but hey, there's a female goblin on razor hill in durotar that flirts with every male toon, and hisses at any female toon to stay away from her men, and nobody said a peep.

Now that simply does not computes. Blizzard itself lampshaded how ridiculus the complaints were. They removed the "sexist" line from Ji Firepaw but at the same time added this line at a later quest:

The amount of time she spends practicing seems excessive... but you can't deny the results. her form is beautiful. Maybe i should talk to her. But I don't know what to say to her. Should I tell her she's gorgeous? or would she find that creepy?

I read some posts and they are really pathetic...every fan in the world makes me laugh. Of course there can be a healthy and clever rivalry but these people are just disgusting...
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a server list up anywhere yet? Or are they going to be all the same servers as the beta...

**just found it nevermind
    Last edited by Synbaby; 2012-08-19 at 10:41 PM.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

papajohn4............ may I say I love your sig? =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Is there a server list up anywhere yet? Or are they going to be all the same servers as the beta...
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/i...-guild-wars-2/

I'm going to level a Necromancer, a Thief, an Elementalist, a Ranger, a Warrior and a Guardian simultaneously :3