10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Bah, the best one was Skyward Sword, by far.
    I agree with this. OoT is only good for nostalgia.

Bah, the best one was Skyward Sword, by far. But yeah, Majora was all kinds of gold to hold onto. And the Couple's Mask had such a good story, I always had the impression that it was actually the meat of the game compared to what Link was actually doing the rest of the time. You should go finish it
    I'm not the only one who liked Majora's Mask more than Orcarina? Coolcool.

Shit, I missclicked on the Zelda forum again.

Deleted
    Good morning, eurogamers!

Less than 24 hours to go before I roll up on Tyria with my Charr! I always knew I was going to play a Charr so I never rolled one in the BWEs and stress tests so that the starting zone and animations are a breath of fresh air when the game does go live. Can't wait till I finally get to play one. Do you think Barradin's ghost in the starting zone will wait for me to do the haka before attacking me? I mean, it's the haka! Surely he can't attack me while I'm doing it, right guys? Guys?
    Last edited by Roshar; 2012-08-24 at 07:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, the best one was Skyward Sword, by far. But yeah, Majora was all kinds of gold to hold onto. And the Couple's Mask had such a good story, I always had the impression that it was actually the meat of the game compared to what Link was actually doing the rest of the time. You should go finish it
    Ye I probably should. The whole time-travel system in MM was so brilliantly done, and it really had an eerie atmosphere.

MM always felt like it was more "mature" than the other Zelda games as well. While usually zelda is about the rise of a hero, and saving the princess, MM had themes like death, love, etc.

The more I think about it, the more I appreciate the game.

Haven't played Skyward Sword much, though. I probably will, though. Heard a lot of good things about it

Then again.

GW2 tomorrow, WOOHOO.
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-08-24 at 07:40 AM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

God those Lorenz curves look awfull I really expected the GW2 one to be a lot closer to the Bissectrice (45° line).
    I wonder if they'll post more of those as times go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I'm not the only one who liked Majora's Mask more than Orcarina? Coolcool.
    I had two complaints with Majora's Mask, only two:

One) That the Couple's Mask seems to have more plot involved with it than the actual game
    and two) Despite players hating/loving Navi, you set off at the beginning of the game to find her, and you end the game being all "wtfever I'm going home" not even caring.

That said, I had an interesting little discussion at work about this game just this past week, gave me a new insight to it (I always liked the dark forboding atmosphere of the game, particularily Stone Temple) Revolving around the idea
    that Termina is actually a blank slate representing the state of mind of the person who's there, a la Link's Awakening, and Link's actually dead. It makes sense given that everything he sees here is a duplicate to what he has, his memories.

Two extremely present themes of the game are a) regret over separation of parent and child, expressed through the Butler and the Deku Scrub, the baby goron losing everyone in the mountains, the father zora leaving everyone behind, and even the father and daughter in the Gibdo house. Everyone is dead, well except for the last one, in which case when he actually sees the two reunited, he stands there in shock, completely unaware how to react until Tatl nudges him out to give the two space.

The other recurring theme is death, just death in general. Everyone's going to die. Your song of "healing" is letting people move on to the next life. Kafei and Anju are going to die. Cremia's letting Romani drink so she doesn't panic when the world ends. The postman has no idea what to do as infrastructure collapses around him, is he bound to his duty? The entire world is about to be crushed and ending everything, as Link comes to terms with his own mortality. Why his mortality? Remember what the Kokiri girl said in the Lost Woods back in OoT?

"That guy isn't here anymore. Except for the Kokiri, people who come into the forest end up lost. They all become Stalfos. That's why he's not here anymore. Only his saw is left. Hee hee! Are you going to become one...too? Heh heh!"

Link is no Kokiri, and didn't linger in the Lost Woods as either a child or an adult, heading straight through to the Sanctuary/Temple as straight as he could, being directed by Saria. As a child afterwards? He came back to wander, the only way to find the only friend he ever had, the only one that actually cared about him and didn't treat him like an outsider.

He enters the Lost Woods and dies there, Termina is his judgment, his coming to terms with it as he moves through the seperate stages of grief, moving to rage at the end of Stone Temple, when once it's flipped it shows nothing but heresy to the gods who've forsaken him (inverted triforces everywhere, torches being middle fingers directed at the sky), at himself for being able to travel through time in his last adventure but saving no one (half the gorons were eaten, the Kokiri mostly died, Zora are all frozen over, and go take a wander through Castle Town)... moving to bargaining that once he saved the four giants and could call on them, that he would be free, to depression upon realizing just how alone he is (moon's surface) when all the other kids leave, to acceptance at the end of the game.

Some interesting things to note from this game:
    Anju and Kafei's relationship is a draw to Link and Zelda's, despite him appearing as an adult he was still holding hte mind of a 10 year old. He loves her, but not in a way that they could ever actually be together.
    Tatl is Link's impression of what Navi really thought of him. She cared for him, but then left without even a word. Is this level of abuse and hatred what she was thinking the whole time, what she couldn't dare say to his face? Is this what he deserved?
    Tingle is a perverted distortion of what Link would grow up to become, an outsider who dresses in Fairy clothes but has no place in the world.
    Epona never made it into Termina, not if you actually follow the Skull Kid there. She couldn't have made the climb and he wasn't really carrying her. Her reappearance is just in Link's head. Maybe Link's death was caused by when he fell off her in the first place? Possibly.

Some notes from other games that actually fit in with this:
    Link being [i]dead[/i] would solve the problem of there being two Ocarinas in 7 years into the future when he reappears, if it was broken, destroyed, or lost in the woods/desintigrated (magic).
    Link being dead [i]also[/i] plays into the idea of why come Windwaker, no amount of Prayers to the Hero of Time would ever let him reappear.
    More importantly, being dead in the Lost Woods would turn him into a Stalfos. But if he failed to protect Hyrule, he would have a sense of duty left to fulfill, which is why he's the "Forgotten Warrior" in Twilight Princess, teaching a new hero to come and take up a sword to finish what he could not, to save the land itself. Also of note, all the songs that he teaches wolf-Link in this one are songs that he would have known from Ocarina/Majora.

So yeah. That's what I do at a photo-lab. I talk stuff like this.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-24 at 08:11 AM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    That was a rather interesting read, and now I REALLY want to play MM again
    Last edited by jvbastel; 2012-08-24 at 07:52 AM.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Oh hell yeah guys and gals! Its...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-08-24 at 07:58 AM.

perfect video haha

Deleted
    That burger, coke and fried matter assemble is literally provoking a gag reflex. I feel like my body would plunge in to a auto-protect deep coma mode if I were within 100 feet of it.

Not slating what anyone chooses to eat etc...just that when your body is used to pure food it tends to make it's displeasure known very quickly if you mess around.

Well - we've broken the 24 hour seal. Am "working at home" as I type and have this afternoon off and next week - amusingly, I looked at the next weeks weather report and it's cold and rainy...I thought "YES!". Perfect gaming weather - the gods are indeed smiling.

Now...to build a new gaming machine or not...hum, decisions, decisions...

Deleted
    I hope you guys have a nice headlaunch. I managed to get my hands on a CE with a contest, but I entered the retail code and I got 2 problems now: I have no idea wether I have headstart(since you normally have a different code for BWE and headstart) and when I log in on the client, it's constantly saying my password is wrong, even though I can log in on the account site and forum just fine with it. Is it because I swapped my prepurchase standard edition to another email and the new CE to the email with the standard edition on it? I have no idea. My ticket with support is open for 2 days, still no reaction.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-08-24 at 08:20 AM.

Dont really want to make a thread just for it.

I have quite a problem regarding my account, ever since we were prompted to change acc name before one of stress tests this week. I changed my acc name, but suddenly my password stopped working. So I contacted support, and after lenghty discussion GM asked me to reset my password trough here -> https://login.ncsoft.com/login/loginform. So I tried but got this message:

Tried to talk to GM after it, but they stopped responding, may be because of time zones.

::EDIT::: yes, I did clean my cookies, did full virus scan, tried diffrent browsers etc.
    Last edited by Moralio; 2012-08-24 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted

very nice version

Good day everyone, i have a noob question. Do we need to delete the beta client (the one we've been using for stress tests and BWEs) and download the one from the account management page on gw2.com? Or should i just keep the beta client (im not sure if it even is the beta client or full client?) and it will download the rest of the game when it becomes available? thank you

Deleted
    Officially on leave 'til early September.

Whoop!

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this on Reddit and thought i would re-post as it was quite clever;

Twas the Night before Launch Day (self.Guildwars2)

submitted 9 hours ago* by flying_squirrel_cat

It's that time.

'Twas the Night before Launch Day, when all through the guild
    not a member was posting, their yearnings fulfilled.
    Their patchers lay open and all up-to-date,
    Come morrow was launch day, the end of the wait.

The servers hummed softly, the hamsters asleep.
    Their wheels all lay idle, not making a peep.
    While upstairs the programmers worked long through the night,
    A new bug had emerged causing all a great fright.

~

As the devs made last edits, debugging their code
    Their baby was ready, and started to upload.
    Into the world, they would soon send their game
    So in Tyria, players could seek fortune and fame.

Then as the hour, slowly drew near
    From Mumble there erupted such a great cheer!
    "The servers are up! It's time now to play!"
    Guild Wars 2 for all and to all Happy Launch Day!

Thankyou Arenanet for all your hard work. I can't remember ever being as excited for a game.

-Bear
    Aurora Australis
    Edit: Aww shucks. I'm glad you guys liked it.
    Edit2: Credit to Nefara for 3rd stanza edits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrybat View Post
    Good day everyone, i have a noob question. Do we need to delete the beta client (the one we've been using for stress tests and BWEs) and download the one from the account management page on gw2.com? Or should i just keep the beta client (im not sure if it even is the beta client or full client?) and it will download the rest of the game when it becomes available? thank you
    Keep the client you have already, and check for updates daily (if you want to space downloads out) there have been a few updates after each event/stress test, or download the whole lot in one hit? Either way the one you have will update

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrybat View Post
    You can keep the beta client and it will work just fine, but I've heard that you can shave a few GB off the size if you delete and re-download.