10+ Year Old Account
    Servers are back up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Do not click those links in those emails. It has how people have been getting their accounts stolen.
    As I said, the emails were legit. If it's one thing I'm paranoid about, it's internet security. :P

Clicking those links in particular would've done nothing more than making me create a new password (or sending me a temporary one by email, not sure which system ANet uses), and wouldn't pose a risk unless the "hacker" would've had access to my email - which, if they did, they wouldn't have to try it twice, and I wouldn't have been able to log in with my old password this morn'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pretty game is pretty

Pretty game is pretty indeed. Every zone I go in my jaw just drops. It is so beautiful

10+ Year Old Account
    So there was a server maintenance today? Did some of the issues get fixed?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    I really wish there was an easy way to read patch notes. That's one of the few things I'll say Blizzard does better than ArenaNet, in my opinion.

So I'm on the Stormbluff Isle server..Did we win WvW? lol

Last edited by Zarlk; 2012-08-29 at 10:14 AM.
    Yep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pretty game is pretty

Woah!
    How nice view!

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Got two emails from ArenaNet (yep, checked the headers, they're legit) during the night, asking me if I was sure I wanted to reset my password.

Heh. Not very likely.
    I got the same two emails. One during yesterday afternoon while I know I was playing and another around 4 AM this morning. No I did not click the links and what not but as you said they seem legit, header checks out and all that. So my question is why did I get them and should I be concerned about my account security / change my info? I only ask because im at work now and though I am usually fastidious about my internet security I know our work comps are as well and would feel safe updating it from here if need be.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-08-29 at 11:49 AM.

[QUOTE=Bikazig;18207317]So I'm on the Stormbluff Isle server..Did we win WvW? lol

snip

...Winning? Did i just hear..winning?

Note: Being the tard i am, i was trying to make my way over to Fields of Ruin via Blazeridge, even when being super low lvl.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-29 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    I got the same two emails. One during yesterday afternoon while I know I was playing and another around 4 AM this morning. No I didnt not click the links and what not but as you said they seem legit, header checks out and all that. So my question is why did I get them and should I be concerned about my account security / change my info? I only ask because im at work now and though I am usually fastidious about my internet security I know our work comps are as well and would feel safe updating it from here if need be.
    I would recommend changing your passwords (both of them) if you believe your email account has been compromised. If you want to be really paranoid like me, use another email account (if you don't have a spare, set one up on Hotmail or something), go to the account section of GW2, change your email to the new one, then change your password, then go to your regular email account and change the password there, making sure it's not the same as your GW2 password... and then optionally change your GW2 email back.

The only way to gain access to your GW2 account by way of password reset is if the "hacker" has access to your email account.

Deleted
    Gr8 thread thank you
    Last edited by mmoca4581da904; 2012-08-29 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Can you turn off other players' spell effects? I've been watching some videos and the amount of spell effects going off is insane. I personally find it a bit confusing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    Can you turn off other players' spell effects? I've been watching some videos and the amount of spell effects going off is insane. I personally find it a bit confusing.
    How old were they? In the press beta (and in the first BWE, IIRC) spell effects were ridiculous, but they've since been toned down greatly.

Just came accross Gwen's gravestone...All the feel in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Just came accross Gwen's gravestone...All the feel in the world.
    Stop feeling her! That's inappropriate in every way!

So, no Trading Post yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are most WvWvW's looking like that? 80% on one server and the other two have 10%? It seems that way for Anvils Rock when I check it, this morning Yak's Bend was 90%ish.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    Are most WvWvW's looking like that? 80% on one server and the other two have 10%? It seems that way for Anvils Rock when I check it, this morning Yak's Bend was 90%ish.
    It's still fleshing out the rankings. Should be better soon once the servers are paired against comparable ones.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah, Is anyone else having connection issues today? I'm just getting a ton of lag and disconnecting a lot this morning, internet itself is just fine, but GW2 won't run well today.

Can anyone who has picked up the elite skill Summon Druid Spirit give me some feedback on your experience with it.

So far I haven't seen it remove a condition from me once (which was my biggest reason for getting it, in the hopes of it being a group condition removal cooldown). And its not applying regeneration to me as well, but it IS using its immobilize on enemy's. Seems like its only casting immobilize and nothing else.

Just not very happy with it at all, as its not doing what it says it does. And it dies so quickly in instances/any sort of pvp....just a huge letdown to me =(

Want to hear some other experiences before I go thinking its bugged and making a report on it. Although testing it on chilling mobs which got up to duration in the 30 second range; and an event boss which applied 20 second burn's leads me to believe it is.