Anyone have any idea what a critical chance greater than 100% does? I saw someone it Map chat mention having 105%, and my lv23 thief already has a 82% chance.

Deleted
    Was happy to see the AMD profiles updated when I refreshed their page this morn'. Sadly didn't have enough time to see how much it improves my framerate.

15+ Year Old Account
    These jumping puzzles are amazing, I will be a sad panda when I complete them all. Hope it's a feature they keep on going with, as in adding more of them in future expansions. Also a nice touch that some chest reset so you have just one more reason to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gisei View Post
    Anyone have any idea what a critical chance greater than 100% does? I saw someone it Map chat mention having 105%, and my lv23 thief already has a 82% chance.
    nothing 1000%=100%
    atm ppl are saying the "ideal" dropoff point for crit is 50-70% so you can better stack power there (or if you're squishy toughness/vit)

edit: it's like ppl saying, i'm playing on 130fps whilst most monitors can only handle 60 with die hard ppl having a monitor with 120 (who still wouldn't have any gain from the 10difference)
    edit2: forgot to say that it's not a bad thing to stack precision since if you gain a lvl the worth of 1precision drops
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-09-05 at 10:32 AM.

Deleted
    Looks like some sort of official forum is up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    Looks like some sort of official forum is up.
    Yeah, was looking at it earlier - but so far looks like it's just to deal with bugs and issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    nothing 1000%=100%
    atm ppl are saying the "ideal" dropoff point for crit is 50-70% so you can better stack power there (or if you're squishy toughness/vit)

edit: it's like ppl saying, i'm playing on 130fps whilst most monitors can only handle 60 with die hard ppl having a monitor with 120 (who still wouldn't have any gain from the 10difference)
    edit2: forgot to say that it's not a bad thing to stack precision since if you gain a lvl the worth of 1precision drops
    That's what I figured, Thanks, but I played a game recently that a crit >100% could lead to the damage being multiplied by crit damage twice, or three time if >200%. Just double checking.

Deleted
    So I have question..

I understand that since the big exploit with people buying cheap karma gear and selling to a vendor or salvage the karma gear for money Anet decided to removed that ability?
    My question is, when I want to replace a item I bought with karma and maybe take out the signet/rune/upgrade component I have put in it, how am I supposed to do that?
    And am I supposed to destroy the item now when I can't sell/salvage it?

Thankful for any clarification on this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    So I have question..

I understand that since the big exploit with people buying cheap karma gear and selling to a vendor or salvage the karma gear for money Anet decided to removed that ability?
    My question is, when I want to replace a item I bought with karma and maybe take out the signet/rune/upgrade component I have put in it, how am I supposed to do that?
    And am I supposed to destroy the item now when I can't sell/salvage it?

Thankful for any clarification on this
    Pretty sure you can still do that - the exploit wasn't that such a thing was possible, it was that you could do it at a cost of 21 karma per weapon, which is about a third of how much a crude salvage kit costs. In other words, it was that you could get really high end materials and money at the cost of significantly less than a starting-level weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Pretty sure you can still do that - the exploit wasn't that such a thing was possible, it was that you could do it at a cost of 21 karma per weapon, which is about a third of how much a crude salvage kit costs. In other words, it was that you could get really high end materials and money at the cost of significantly less than a starting-level weapon.
    But I can't salvage or sell the items... or get my upgrade components I put in them back at all :/

edit: I even try that black lion salvage kit.. nothing, the item goes "red" as in "nope you will not be able to do this"

Deleted
    so i just got to level 15 and went to the second sylvari zone (cant remember the name) and wow its so much harder than the previous zone despite only being 1-2 levels difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    But I can't salvage or sell the items... or get my upgrade components I put in them back at all :/

edit: I even try that black lion salvage kit.. nothing, the item goes "red" as in "nope you will not be able to do this"
    Hmm, maybe I was mistaken then. I'm yet nowhere near the level to try it, due to my altoholism... :P

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    so i just got to level 15 and went to the second sylvari zone (cant remember the name) and wow its so much harder than the previous zone despite only being 1-2 levels difference.
    Brisban Wildlands, I think it was called?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    That's why it's good to have some company along the way. Even random, doesn't matter.
    It happened often to me, spontaneous offers for party or just banding together.
    Never seen before, it's nice for a while feeling people around you as companions rather than competitors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Hmm, maybe I was mistaken then. I'm yet nowhere near the level to try it, due to my altoholism... :P

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 02:26 PM ----------

Brisban Wildlands, I think it was called?
    lol Im lvl 80 :3

Anyone else started to get ingame gold selling mails?

Damn annoying...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post

Damn annoying...
    Read about them on the official forums. They're aware of it and are looking into how it can be prevented and/or alleviated - possibly by implementing a "report spam" button directly in the in-game messaging system.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Yeah it looks like they disabled the functionality for Karma items. On one hand it makes crafted stuff more attractive as well as world drops but it does suck to lose the upgrade components.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Unhappy.

He's got some nice ideas in there, though.
    Okay, that got me laughing.

---------- Post added 2012-09-05 at 08:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post

Damn annoying...
    I have not seen any yet but it probably won't be long.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    So I've spotted some people running around with a rather saucy greatsword that looks like it's made from glass, anyone know what it's called/where to gain one?

Much love

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    So I've spotted some people running around with a rather saucy greatsword that looks like it's made from glass, anyone know what it's called/where to gain one?

Much love
    That's the priory greatsword, myself and many others got one when it was 20 silver, if you want one now it'll run ya for 5 gold.