I would actually be more excited if it wasn't. I am so bored of hearing mesmer mesmer mesmer all the time. I do kinda hope they pull a complete blinder, something totally unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazytramp View Post
    Am I the only person really hoping that the 8th class isn't ​a Mesmer?!
    And what are you hoping for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    And what are you hoping for?
    Anything new and different. I'd play a Mesmer if they put it in, but I don't know... I guess part of me just wants to see a bunch of people crying over them not being in the game more than I want to play one I just hate the idea that ArenaNet would be 'forced' into making the last class a Mesmer purely because of fear of backlash from the hordes of people saying "It's 100% got to be Mesmer. I'll cry if it isn't."

You know what I mean?

When they gonna announce 8th class?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    When they gonna announce 8th class?
    My guess; either Gamescon or PAX.

They've said it WON'T be revealed at PAX: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...t19530p14.html
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what I mean?
    Yep .

Am I the only person really hoping that the 8th class isn't ​a Mesmer?!
    I'am. I'd really want a new class, something that wasnt in GW.

I lied, I secretly want Rit back

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything new and different. I'd play a Mesmer if they put it in, but I don't know... I guess part of me just wants to see a bunch of people crying over them not being in the game more than I want to play one I just hate the idea that ArenaNet would be 'forced' into making the last class a Mesmer purely because of fear of backlash from the hordes of people saying "It's 100% got to be Mesmer. I'll cry if it isn't."

You know what I mean?
    i doubt ArenaNet would feel forced in making the Mesmer part of GW2, it's the signature GW1 profession that is distinctly ArenaNet. i have not played any other MMO with a similar profession, so it's more an ArenaNet trademark and a well loved/hated profession.

for all those Ele junkies out there:

http://youtu.be/gnoKRocmRJw?hd=1
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Mesmer talk again eh? It would be pretty balsy of them not to make the Mesmer. It is the iconic class of the Guild Wars world. I imagine there would be a lot of upset people if it didn't make it in. In a perverse way, I kind of hope it doesn't make it in just to see the internet carnage.

10+ Year Old Account

You know what I mean?
    If it's not Mesmer, I will be irked. The mesmer is - was truly unique. I'd never played a class quite like one. The whole concept of rather than you killing your enemies, you make your enemies kill themselves kind of thing was a whole new world to me at the time. I hope such a 'different' concept returns in the 8th profession. It doesn't have to be a Mesmer, but as long as it incorporates those concepts, I'm happy.

It'll be the Mesmer I think. All of this talk is a bit of misdirection to try to make the reveal mysterious or something like that. While I think the profession itself will have the same theme as in GW, I believe it will be changed up quite a bit especially in the mechanics of the class.

Not sure if this has already been posted, but don't think so . . . http://www.necrobator.com/ It's new, but a good fan site (focused on necromancer of course). The guy gets pretty good access to the devs, so worth checking out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but don't think so . . . http://www.necrobator.com/ It's new, but a good fan site (focused on necromancer of course). The guy gets pretty good access to the devs, so worth checking out.
    hah, yeah, make sure you check out the in-depth and robust professions poll while you are at it.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

hehe true though he may be right The more I read of necro the more I like them. Torn though . . . between all 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty torn between warrior, necro, thief and elementalist myself. The ranger aint my thing at all though (from looking at what we know)

Yeah I feel a bit meh about the ranger. I tend to go for ranged dps, so want to break myself of that habit, but at the same time in GW2 I'm thinking I might finally be able to make some substitute for my dream of a panzerkin
    I'm not keen on the engineer either, just because of the aesthetic/feel, but I'll probably change on that . . . total altoholic.

But yeah, if I had to choose my one favourite thing about GW2, I think it would be the classes - types, abilities, and above all the flexibility built in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant not wait for this to come out, sadly i dont think we will see it this year =(

Im torn between Warrior and Thief atm

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    I cant not wait for this to come out, sadly i dont think we will see it this year =(

Im torn between Warrior and Thief atm
    You and...everyone else. But sadly it won't be coming out this year. I'd guess near the end of first quarter of 2012 (March) at the earliest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been gone for about 2 weeks, what'd I miss?

Started watching the GW2 Panel @ Comic Con (currently still watching it) and one of the first things I see is Puremallace bashing it. Such a shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter