Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    They should go with their gut.

I mean They had to add the "Scouts" to point ppl to new zones because there are no quests.

They still need to come up with a way to show ppl they can move and attack cast spells shoot guns while moving.
    (Some charge spells still seem to need to be standing still for)

They should make the game they envisioned and stick to it.

Im worried now, because ppl complain about something now with the game, thats bad.
    The QQ will build up to the point ppl will hardly buy it or quit later into the game if its bad, and i really want this game to do good.
    I never thought a game would come along and wisk ppl off of wow, or kill wow, but i think this one is the best so far to attempt to do so.
    I think they do go with their gut and will make the game as good as it possibly can be. Just because the game they envisioned did not spring from their minds fully formed exactly how they first dreamed it up does not mean they are not sticking to their vision. They have to ballance what they want to do with what they can accutaly sell. They could go hardline and say no levels. The game would be just as good for the open mined but large numbers of people would just go into shock and put the game down because its too forign. If they ease folks into the concept of levels not mattering or not really needing a quest giver they can ween the masses off that concept. If they go hardline the masses will rebel and only us diehard fans will buy the game and it wont be as sucessful as it could be.

Who is John Galt?

From what i understand ( and i could be wrong)that each weapon skill gained has a longer cooldown period ( #2 is 10secs, #3 20secs etc. for example). So if the kill count relys on kills with each skill then it could be a problem but if it is just kills with the weapon it wont be so bad. With the cooldowns considered and the special effects of each skill in mind most people would probably end up only using skills 1-3 and 4-5 being saved for hairy situations. You probably wont even feel like your missing skills when you switch to a new weapon. Plus the new system seems to let you gain skills sooner than you would with the old system.

Overall we can be assured that if the system does feel grindy and overall bad that the people playing the demo will say so, arena will listen, and it will be changed. They had an idea to improve the game and they are testing that idea out at gamescon and pax to see how people like it and how they can improve it. Its not like the change is set in stone and they are gonna say "well we like it and if all you guys dont then buzz off" =P

Deleted
    What I like about this game so far, apart from the awesome graphics and art style, is the uncluttered UI and the relatively small number of skills available. IMO the number of abilities (plus macros) in WoW is too much and I'm looking forward to trying the more simplified skill system in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    What I like about this game so far, apart from the awesome graphics and art style, is the uncluttered UI and the relatively small number of skills available. IMO the number of abilities (plus macros) in WoW is too much and I'm looking forward to trying the more simplified skill system in GW2.
    you're going to be surprised
    gw1 had less skills in a bar (8) and the skill system was FAR more complex than wow's
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    you're going to be surprised
    gw1 had less skills in a bar (8) and the skill system was FAR more complex than wow's
    I was really referring to the amount of spells/abilities available during combat at any one time. I like a complex skill system, but sometimes the sheer amount of abilities in WoW make my eyes glaze over

A lot of the abilities in wow were so circumstantial though, detect magic anyone?

And due to weapon swaps and attunement changes there are more skills available while in combat than you think for GW2.

Deleted
    That's true, Doozerjun, I'd forgotten about that. I'll console myself with the fact it's free to play

(it still is, right?)

10+ Year Old Account
    buy to play actually, so 1-time box sale and you can play as long as you want.

The skill system in gw2 should be more streamlined than in wow though
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

WoW has those fun flavor skills, like Far Seeing, Eye of Kilrog, Mind Vision, utility ones too(summoning, conjuring, portals, etc, etc). Going to miss them. Otherwise it looks fine to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionite View Post
    WoW has those fun flavor skills, like Far Seeing, Eye of Kilrog, Mind Vision, utility ones too(summoning, conjuring, portals, etc, etc). Going to miss them. Otherwise it looks fine to me.
    I find it hard to believe that with the design intent of GW2 we won't get some fun powers here and here.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

It'd be great. It's just so far we've only seen weapon skills. I'll be hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Well this skill QQ is here a few pages back.
    And its a possible problem to the lively hood of the game.
    The amount of QQ about it is unfounded imo. People are complaining that they have to you have to use weapons to learn the skills which makes perfect sense. I don't buy a throwing knife and perform ninja awesome throws the first time i throw it. Just like people don't pick up a sword and know everything about it. We should have to use the weapon to learn it. I personally like this. And i hope it makes it to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Also people vastly underestimate the number of mobs they actually kill during MMOs. 10+ kills is nothing.

Deleted
    I don't think those moaning about the new weapon system realize what the developers are trying to do here, they don't want to make a standard MMORPG and make you become a lot more immersed in the game than others and a bit more realistic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatking View Post
    I was really referring to the amount of spells/abilities available during combat at any one time. I like a complex skill system, but sometimes the sheer amount of abilities in WoW make my eyes glaze over
    Each Profession in Guild Wars 1 had about 100 skills each. In some cases, that's double the available skills for some classes in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Just figuring out names for my RP characters at the moment.
    FFFF- the anticipation is killing me!

Clempson your sig is to big you need to only have one

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Clempson your sig is to big you need to only have one
    Changed it yo'

Wow Trolls, that thread was closed fast! Mods have obviously had too much coffee today!

Anyway, have been reading all the new changes that will be appearing in the new demo unveiled at Gamescom and I'm even more excited! Can't wait to see the flood of new info and videos over the coming weeks, and then I get to actually play it myself in just over a month at the Eurogamer Expo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Wow Trolls, that thread was closed fast! Mods have obviously had too much coffee today!

Anyway, have been reading all the new changes that will be appearing in the new demo unveiled at Gamescom and I'm even more excited! Can't wait to see the flood of new info and videos over the coming weeks, and then I get to actually play it myself in just over a month at the Eurogamer Expo!
    Yep yep. lol Oh well.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net