10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Live demo on the NCsoft stream in a couple of minutes.

May or may not be in German =P
    They're doing German. Still plenty of eye candy though.
    Martin said they will do an English one at 4:30 local time, which is 4 hours from the time of this post.

Cool thanks for the heads-up, back in four hours I guess. Currently wishing I'd paid more attention in school.

I think he did just say that while we get a lot of flexibility with character creation there are some limits so we can't make like a 30cm high character, which is reassuring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    I think he did just say that while we get a lot of flexibility with character creation there are some limits so we can't make like a 30cm high character, which is reassuring.
    Yeah I figured that's why he moved all the face sliders to max, just to show you can't make anything stupid looking.

charr intro trailer/cinematic looks awesome

engineer learned 2nd ability after few kills, just pops up in action bar
    Last edited by Lefuu; 2011-08-17 at 10:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't very long :'(

I got the charr god.

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post

I got the charr god.
    I-is that a TANK!?

Mother of god.

Clearly that's from Thundercats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blog entry about the first revealed BG

(somehow we all missed it?)

Holy shit, that has the potential to be really complex (and I mean that as a major compliment)

I mean this for example:
    Destructible objects
    There are many buildings and props that can be blown up. The major props (buildings and massive water pipes) can only be destroyed with trebuchet shots, but smaller props, such as barrels and crates, can be blown up with player skills. Paths that were closed at the beginning of the game may open up through the course of a match, so always be on the lookout for new shortcuts.
    And I love the detail they've gone into, it's clear they are really thinking through every single aspect of the game, right down to how different classes will cope with specific features of just one battleground . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    Holy shit, that has the potential to be really complex (and I mean that as a major compliment)

I mean this for example:

And I love the detail they've gone into, it's clear they are really thinking through every single aspect of the game, right down to how different classes will cope with specific features of just one battleground . . .
    That does sound amazing, indeed. I'm a big fan of destroyable stuff! I regret that I have a few appointments this week, I was at pretty much every gamescon but just can't take the time this year.. hope there'll be a few quality videos this week

Just wondering if you can bombard the other teams trebuchet. Could get quite silly, repairing, bombing the other teams treb, rinse and repeat
    Edit: Just to clarify, I mean the good silly
    Last edited by Jira; 2011-08-17 at 12:06 PM.

DANGER! RED ALERT!
    It has been reported that ArenaNet has made illegal telepathic contact with the brain of several individuals and they have been using this tap to come up with what everyone wanted in GW2.

I am one of those players, since clearly they read my mind...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me, I got Norton =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Not me, I got Norton =P
    I'm so sorry ...
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I'm so sorry ...
    AVG actually. But Norton works better for the joke.

The PvP looks fantastic. I am so excited! I really like how it could be 1v1 if you wanted it to be, or all the way up to 10v10. So if I just want to play a few rounds with my friends then I can. Really cool. =) And the first "battleground" that we've seen looks amazing. It reminds me of TF2 in some ways, but is also really different (obviously). Looking forward to seeing some footage of it! I'll definitely have my eye on this thread all day.

new blog post about pvp out

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/pvp/pvp-overview/

All I can say is: Oh... WOW!

10+ Year Old Account
    Live GW2 demo on the NCsoft stream in 20 minutes (in English this time).

10+ Year Old Account
    Live GW2 demo on the NCsoft stream in 20 minutes (in English this time).
    They better be availble when I get home
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Thanks for the link. Jaw-dropping.

Even if a game is in progress, you can join or leave at any time. If one side loses players, the servers can auto-balance the number of players on the teams. Once the current round ends, the server loads the next map in the rotation, players can reselect teams, and the fight starts again. This kind of setup allows players to find favorite servers and build online communities by playing more than one game with the same settings and people.

When a player takes a character into PvP, they are granted access to all the necessary skills, items, etc. Characters are set to the maximum level, putting everyone on an even playing field. This makes player skill more important than time invested in a particular character. When you take your character back to the PvE environment, you return to the skills and gear you had there, but the game will save your last PvP setup. You'll also be able to store templates for builds. This way, you can try out new stuff in PvP but still easily return to your familiar builds.

Epic