10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I really wanna know is how fast the Initiative on Thiefs will regenerate. Most of the time during demos I see people just using the 5-6 Initiative skills instead of the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    Only thing I really wanna know is how fast the Initiative on Thiefs will regenerate. Most of the time during demos I see people just using the 5-6 Initiative skills instead of the others.
    1 point per second: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Initiative

I have a feeling initiative will be changed now that the use of skills for other classes is no longer limited by a resource (aside from adrenaline and others, but they build up to a break point, as opposed to being depleted by all skills).

Unless more initiative pooled translates to more damage done, or some other mechanic where having a lot of initiative makes a difference.

Well initiative also serves as a choice mechanic for thieves. Their abilities don't have cooldowns but each skill cost a certain amount of initiative. So a hard hitting attack would cost more than a light one but you could do more of the light attacks in a certain amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Just out of curiosity what is it that swayed you GW2 fans in this direction rather than jumping into the SWTOR bunch? I figure most will pick one or the other, but for me the animations and art in GW2 sold me on it. I play for immersion to explore a fresh new world. An already existing IP MMO and, in my opinion, lesser animations and art is what turned me away.

Still torn between Thief, Necromancer or Warrior. All I know is Norn is gonna be my race, I love snowy northern Viking races whenever applicable. (Barbarians in EQ1)
    played GW1 when it first came out til '07 then wow.. then after 4 years got bored of the repeativeness.

so GW2 is next on the list

10+ Year Old Account
    Just out of curiosity what is it that swayed you GW2 fans in this direction rather than jumping into the SWTOR bunch? I figure most will pick one or the other, but for me the animations and art in GW2 sold me on it. I play for immersion to explore a fresh new world. An already existing IP MMO and, in my opinion, lesser animations and art is what turned me away.

Still torn between Thief, Necromancer or Warrior. All I know is Norn is gonna be my race, I love snowy northern Viking races whenever applicable. (Barbarians in EQ1)
    Guild Wars 1 was my first MMO and is what got me into online gaming. Love pretty much everything about it. GW2 is changing what MMO's look and feel like so that's why I'm biased towards it.

I'm still getting SWTOR because I was a fan of Star Wars far before I was of Guild Wars, but TOR isn't as different or game changing as Guild Wars 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Guardian> Elementalist > Ranger > Thief > Warrior = Engineer > Necromancer > Last Class

Plan on making Asura Guardian day one, but then again Slyvari Thief would be epic... I don't know if I'll make it another 5 months or so...
    Excited

Not to be a dick here, but this attempt number 20 to cash in on the Star Wars franchise. People fall for it every time and Bioware dictating the storyline to me and putting me one path and no other in a MMORPG is kind of ridiculous. This is not dragon age ok.

It is pretty obvious where the appeal comes from:

Any of these GW2 around here can tell you I got doubt about GW2 game structure, but I got more about SWToR

Just out of curiosity what is it that swayed you GW2 fans in this direction rather than jumping into the SWTOR bunch?
    Honestly, don't like Star Wars, so I have 0 interest in it at all -- and well, that's basically it.

Just out of curiosity what is it that swayed you GW2 fans in this direction rather than jumping into the SWTOR bunch?
    Not a huge Star Wars fan and SWTOR is the same old gameplay style that I'm bored with after 7 years. The style of gameplay, art, and lore in GW2 is far more interesting.

Although I do enjoy Star Wars, I've been bored with the style of game play that SW:TOR offers. When I saw SW:TOR I instantly thought Space WoW, and I don't like space or WoW that much to play this game. Guild Wars 2 caught my eye with how there is no tanking/healing/dps roles. The idea of having to dodge moves and abilities and the dynamic scaling of content depending on the number of people while keeping yourself alive sounds both challenging and fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Not to be a dick here, but this attempt number 20 to cash in on the Star Wars franchise. People fall for it every time and Bioware dictating the storyline to me and putting me one path and no other in a MMORPG is kind of ridiculous. This is not dragon age ok.

It is pretty obvious where the appeal comes from:

Any of these GW2 around here can tell you I got doubt about GW2 game structure, but I got more about SWToR
    Both videos are pretty different but what about the structures of the game are you worried about?

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Both videos are pretty different but what about the structures of the game are you worried about?
    Things that can not be proved to me until the game is live. I am in that crowd who believe that removing instanced raiding will cause more problems then it solves.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Can GW2 fans do me a favor? I know you guys are pushing this dynamic content thing all over the internet, but can you start pushing this equal gear no super duper advantage in pvp thing also.

It seems Rift is coming around to this idea and some idiots think GW2 has massive gear advantages. See if you can get Blizzard and Bioware to get on board with this also. PvP in mmorpg's has sucked for years because it was so gear based, so this is a nice idea.

That is it. Continue on.
    Bioware has pvp gear only being 10% better than pve gear when it comes to pvp encounters. Bioware has stated they would like people who have only pve gear being able to be of use within pvp, but at the same time give some reward for those dedicated to pvp.

It's f'in GW2, what more reason do I need?

The Star Wars universe as a whole leaves me cold, so SWTOR never had much of a chance with me. I stumbled across the GW2 manifesto, watched it out of curiosity, and by the end was incredibly hyped. Then the more I read and saw, the more I liked it - the aesthetic, the one faction with multiserver PvP, the races, the ambition to innovate.

But yeah for me it isn't really a case of SWTOR vs. GW2, because I would never have played SWTOR, even if it looked amazing. That world just doesn't appeal.

Also gonna put in a vote for keeping the discussion nice (I know we have so far, this is a pre-emptive vote ), as this thread is kinda a safe island located amid many forums of rage and trolling. I love knowing I can check this thread over breakfast, safe from agro
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes more than "it's Star Wars" and "it's Bioware" to convince me a game is good.

Deleted
    Is there any info yet on Norn elite racials (those forms) and what they do (besides the changed form)?
    I know bear increases health but what will raven, snow leopard and wolf forms do?

Currently thinking of going for Snow Leopard or Raven for my upcoming epic warrior.

Deleted
    When I first heard about GW2 in 2007 I knew it would be something massive to look for.
    I guess I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    When I first heard about GW2 in 2007 I knew it would be something massive to look for.
    I guess I was right.
    I remember seeing the article in PC Gamers in 07, getting excited, then forgetting about it for the next 3 years. I might even still have that PC Gamer lying around my room somewhere (unless I trashed it in one of my cleaning sessions), would be interesting to look back at what they wrote about it then and compare it to what we know now and see if anything has drastically changed.