10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I had a convo about Guild Wars 2 and explaining to him that the game is destroying the Hampster Wheel aspect of MMO's(or at least crushing and moving it around to the point where it is an interesting little path instead of a circle) and well we kept going on and on until finally he conceited and said, "Sorry i'm just trying to find a flaw in this game, it just looks way too good to be true," and the thing is. He is right this game is too good to be true, but the more and more I read the lore, research and watch videos, I can't find the big flaws like I can do with most games and that is a scary thought. Even when I got to play it for myself I was worried and skeptical but still I could not believe just how fun the game is. It's like....this game does not compute well with the standard MMO mindset, but instead of that being a hindrance it seems to be one of the greatest experiences I've ever had with an MMO, and its still not even out yet.

I know this is random but I figured this is a humorous story that can start out a conversation.
    I can find a fault. Little to no decent Thief videos. Y U NO PLAY THIEF????

Quote Originally Posted by Scrabblet View Post
    I can find a fault. Little to no decent Thief videos. Y U NO PLAY THIEF????
    Umm that's a not a fault in the gameplay but in peoples choice of character when making videos .__.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Thanks, do you know if you'll be able to have friends visit your ''home instance'' to see what they think of you?
    Yeah, you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Guild Wars 2 Wiki
    If a party enters a home instance, they will go to the party leader's instance
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Home_instance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Does anyone know if Guild Wars II will be available for MacBook Air? It would be so helpful if it would, but I think I recall reading somewhere that it's only available for PC. God I hope It's available for Mac, else I will have to buy new graphic card and fix my stationary computer -.-
    No it won't be. I sent Arenanet mail about this and they just told they are focusing on PC. Maybe after the release we can start pressuring them on this issue and they'll have more time to notice there's a market for mac games too

Although you can install windows on your mac.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Awesome thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.... the people complaining/ worried about using portals from zone to zone completely changing ecology (like going from a humid jungle to frozen wastes with no transition) have obviously never ran from one end of tyria to the other.... The only time that will happen is if you map travel from one end of the world to the other...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

There's some amazing pictures on that site Miggetmagic posted, here's my favorite:

I bet this is Serpent Strike.
    Last edited by Barrowmore; 2011-09-18 at 07:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    There's some amazing pictures on that site Miggetmagic posted, here's my favorite:

I bet this is Serpent Strike.
    yes there are Just finished browsing it myself.

Not bothering to read any of the thread, throwing a question out there-

Has any beta been confirmed or release date, etc. ? I remember they said they had a big announcement for PAX Prime, what was it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Yeah, you can zoom out/in in GW1, so I'd imagine you can do that in GW2 as well.
    Can you actually zoom out more than the standard camera distance you see in the gw2 demos? like you would in wow? or are you stuck ~3ft behind his back with the only option to zoom in and back out?

Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    Not bothering to read any of the thread, throwing a question out there-

Has any beta been confirmed or release date, etc. ? I remember they said they had a big announcement for PAX Prime, what was it?
    Rumours swirling about November closed Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrgrablle View Post
    Can you actually zoom out more than the standard camera distance you see in the gw2 demos? like you would in wow? or are you stuck ~3ft behind his back with the only option to zoom in and back out?
    Not sure exactly how far you'll be able to zoom out, but you can definately be more than 3ft away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWVFr...ailpage#t=378s

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they had a download of the demo on their website for people all over the world to try

10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh. i just got a warning from the mods on the SWTOR boards for correcting misinformation . i didn't even bash SWTOR just corrected what people were saying about GW2. such a pity and those discussions were my afternoons entertainment
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Why would you do it in the first place?
    A lot of people, especially on the internet, enjoy correcting people who are misinformed. It's not all that odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    A lot of people, especially on the internet, enjoy correcting people who are misinformed. It's not all that odd.
    It is a great pastime to be honest

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tury123 View Post
    Wish they had a download of the demo on their website for people all over the world to try
    Well, the "hype killing" factor aside (which isn't a bad thing, just saying), I imagine it would be pretty hard to regulate to make sure that only each person got 1 40 min demo. With IP addresses and proxy's etc etc.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Guys, im about to buy a laptop with either a nviadia GT 555M or a ati 6970M, u think both will be able to run gw2 at medium-high quality 1900x1080? in theory the 6970M can run crysys 2 fully maxed at 1920x1080res with playable fps so... Im just wondering cuz I really need a laptop but I dont wanna be stuck with one where GW2 will run like crap
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2 is being made to run well on current gen computers...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is being made to run well on current gen computers...
    They've said that if you can run GW1, you will be able to run GW2. It sounds like it's being highly optimized to run well on any PC, as MMOs tend to do.