Deleted
    basicly i want to start GW2 when it gets released, but so far i got no idea wich Race and wich profession to pick. Is there a tool / quiz out there that can deceide that?

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    basicly i want to start GW2 when it gets released, but so far i got no idea wich Race and wich profession to pick. Is there a tool / quiz out there that can deceide that?
    You need a "quiz" to tell you what race/class you're going to enjoy the most? Err... well... nevermind.

Good luck with that.

I watch some GW 2 videos on Youtube and i really liked the gameplay, Seens something really new and not another Wow Copy with different skin.

But reading some comments on this post i got confused.

GW 2 is no good in PvE? i mean, someone said that if i like to Raid Heroics a lot i will not like GW 2. It's true? because i really like to Raid and i don't care too much for PvP.

Another thing, i read on gw2 site about the classes/professions and i liked the Guardian, but i don't like shields, can i be a Dual Blade Guardian?

you could be anything you want provided you have the weapon sets (think it's 2 sets in combat), not sure you can dual wield though as guardian. i've only seen sword and board, 2hander hammer and mace footage
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27Thalas&n=Rofflemau

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elender View Post
    I watch some GW 2 videos on Youtube and i really liked the gameplay, Seens something really new and not another Wow Copy with different skin.

GW 2 is no good in PvE? i mean, someone said that if i like to Raid Heroics a lot i will not like GW 2. It's true? because i really like to Raid and i don't care too much for PvP.

Another thing, i read on gw2 site about the classes/professions and i liked the Guardian, but i don't like shields, can i be a Dual Blade Guardian?
    Dual blade? No but you can use a sword and a torch which is mostly damage oriented. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page Heres the wiki.

Also if you want an endgame then you might not like gw2. Why? Theres no real equivalent to raiding, but if you'd be satisfied with the dynamic events and the explorable dungeons then I'd say still give it a try.
    Last edited by Agent TunaGhost; 2011-09-22 at 11:53 PM.

are they doing subclasses again?
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralamus View Post
    are they doing subclasses again?
    They're not.

---------- Post added 2011-09-22 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    Also if you want an endgame then you might not like gw2. Why? Theres no real equivalent to raiding, but if you'd be satisfied with the dynamic events and the explorable dungeons then I'd say still give it a try.
    There aren't really equivalents to raids, but there are equivalents to heroic dungeons. 5-man explorable dungeons, dynamic events and personal story will be the main PvE things I believe.

Need mre engineer footage too. I want to see people use that shield
    Agreed. I feel like a lot of people think that the class is dull because there is so little variation when people upload footage of them. But really, they don't utilize all of their skills and abilities. It'd be nice to see a little more variety, and I think that it would spark a lot more interest.

Normally I don't do this but I've actually kept myself from reading about Guild Wars 2 as much as I can. Don't get me wrong, I would love to know every little detail but I feel that if I keep myself in the dark, experiencing everything as it comes, I may enjoy the game much more in the beginning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Normally I don't do this but I've actually kept myself from reading about Guild Wars 2 as much as I can. Don't get me wrong, I would love to know every little detail but I feel that if I keep myself in the dark, experiencing everything as it comes, I may enjoy the game much more in the beginning.
    You should read Ghosts of Ascalon and Edge of Destiny tho. Not necessary but they give good insight into the world.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Agreed. I feel like a lot of people think that the class is dull because there is so little variation when people upload footage of them. But really, they don't utilize all of their skills and abilities. It'd be nice to see a little more variety, and I think that it would spark a lot more interest.
    Nooooo I want them to stay relatively unloved. I love playing the less populated class.

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    Yes. The game's character creation screen.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

You should read Ghosts of Ascalon and Edge of Destiny tho. Not necessary but they give good insight into the world.
    I can't afford books with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim coming up but if I ever get the chance, I most certainly will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looked at the dyes posted for diablo 3 (the other game I'm following at the moment) and it seemed like a lot at first glace - 22 dyes. Then I remembered that GW2 has 400 named dyes... that's going to be insane. I really hope they add in a complimentary color feature like that fan at the panel suggested!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    How can a non exsisting deadline piss you off?

Atleast it's not like Bioware, claiming a spring release then pushing it back, then pushing it back again, and after announcing a 2011 release, even that might not happen.

I'd rather have "When it's ready", than "Oh yea we're going for X date! ----Sorry guys pushing it back."
    Bioware has been saying they are aiming for a 2011 release, that is by no means a guarantee.

Uh but people shouldn't be getting upset about these games potentially getting pushed back, rather not have the game rushed and be terrible.

GW2 will (probably) not have traditional raiding with 10/20/25/40 people in an instance. People who say "GW2 is no good in PvE" or "there's no endgame" are generally raiders looking for this specific structure. That's all.

There will be small-group PvE dungeons both easy (story mode) and hard (explorable mode) -- similar to WoW dungeons & heroics, but probably with a greater feeling of complexity due to branching paths and removal of a strict tank/dps/heal trinity.

There will also be some major bosses that are part of the open-world dynamic event system. The closest WoW reference might be the old world dragons. Whether they'll be numerous enough and challenging enough to provide a good "raiding" experience is anyone's guess at this point.
    Last edited by Wyrmrider; 2011-09-23 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    I can't afford books with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim coming up but if I ever get the chance, I most certainly will.
    Don't have a library nearby with the books? I know mine sucks too much to carry most of the good books, so I had to buy them myself (not that I mind). Definitely worth the read though.

There are no raids, no, but there is endgame. Don't let people who know nothing about the subject fool you into believing there isn't. While it's not the traditional raiding, the 5-man dungeons will consist of exploration mode ("hard mode") that's said to be very challenging, and beyond that there's dynamic events made specifically for lvl80 endgame as well. No raiding doesn't necessarily mean no endgame content.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2011-09-23 at 01:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long time watcher, (of this thread) first time poster.

Is there any way to opt into the beta at this stage? And is there a secure timeframe for the open beta, that is if there will be one?

Another question is how does Guild Wars 1 work? Since GW2 is the first time ive actually taken notice of the series I dont know anything about the first game. When I ask how does it work, I mean is there a base game and then everything after is an expansion or just another story line? Either way is it worth playing this game if I wanted to get a better feel for GW2 before it came out?

Thanks
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Big dynamic bosses like Tequatl look really good and are a suitable replacement/alternative to the traditional raiding. I never got into raiding in WoW mostly due to how big of groups you need. Being able to just jump into raid like encounters in GW2 is something really good in my opinion and they will be something I take place in quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by xxApelxx View Post
    Long time watcher, (of this thread) first time poster.

Is there any way to opt into the beta at this stage? And is there a secure timeframe for the open beta, that is if there will be one?
    Thanks
    There is no opt in process right now as they've mentioned it will only be open to the public if they need to. It sounds like they do a lot of testing in house and most of us won't get a chance to play it until they start the open beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
    There is no opt in process right now as they've mentioned it will only be open to the public if they need to. It sounds like they do a lot of testing in house and most of us won't get a chance to play it until they start the open beta.
    And it's not even certain there will be any open beta at all. It's best to not count on it.