Quote Originally Posted by Primal Zed View Post
    I don't think the restrictions that are applied on it are unreasonable.
    I will never forgive Blizzard for not allowing my wee noom mage to use Black Ice (polearm) from EoE.......perfectly matches his purple T9 set from TotC...
    It would have been so epic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    T-Stones can be bought with Karma, either they've pulled it from the store or maybe there's more charges on the store version versus the karma version. As far as we know you can only wear/t-stone armor that's in your weight class such as casters can only use light armor, clothing and such applies to all classes.
    I didn't think the 'clothing' stuff worked on any of the armor classes. I thought it was only able to be put into the 'town clothing' paper doll to be switched to when a character is in town, not for use while out adventuring.

So just what were you getting at when you said you were worried ArenaNet would "pull a Blizzard"? Cuz the approaches are sounding very similar to me...
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

I didn't think the 'clothing' stuff worked on any of the armor classes. I thought it was only able to be put into the 'town clothing' paper doll to be switched to when a character is in town, not for use while out adventuring.

So just what were you getting at when you said you were worried ArenaNet would "pull a Blizzard"? Cuz the approaches are sounding very similar to me...
    What I mean is outside of your weight class I don't think there will be any limitations with the T-stones whatsoever, though from what I gather Transmog has limits as to what you can use (X helm can be used, but Y helm can't) I haven't played WoW for about half a year now so correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the limitations of the transmog system. Essentially Blizzard has a list of items you can use, is that the case?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    What I mean is outside of your weight class I don't think there will be any limitations with the T-stones whatsoever, though from what I gather Transmog has limits as to what you can use (X helm can be used, but Y helm can't) I haven't played WoW for about half a year now so correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the limitations of the transmog system. Essentially Blizzard has a list of items you can use, is that the case?
    It'd be more accurate to say that Blizzard has a list of items that you can't use. This primarily includes white-quality items. The reason for this is because they have gear in the game that they did not intend for players to actually run around everywhere with. As an obvious example, the Brewfest lederhosen. Like I said, I don't think the 'clothing' in Guild Wars 2 will be able to be used while adventuring either, for the same reasons.

Ah, that's right, I did forget about the transmutation stones.

Would those let players make equipment take on the appearance of equipment in a different armor class? Make their medium armor look like light armor, for example?

I'm a little boggled that people are insisting WoW's method is super restrictive. You have literally hundreds of options for each slot. Sure, I wish I could dress up my rogue in a tuxedo, but I don't think the restrictions that are applied on it are unreasonable. Save perhaps for not being able to use legendary items.

At least it's quick and easy to do, while ArenaNet's transmutation stones are microtransaction bait.
    I am not used to having any restrictions.

I despise that Rift only allows same armor type to same armor type. So much so, I am totally put-off and don't make any effort any longer. Esp. after they announced they weren't ever allowing weapon re-skins. Didn't even bother to transmog a full set in Warcraft- garbage system, imo. Feels as out-of-date as the rest of the game.

Aion/PWI/ROM? Hundreds of dollars and hours spent.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-17 at 04:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some of the worst restrictions for WoW's transmog is the weapons. My god what a nightmare.

The character must be able to equip both items.

• Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)

• Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

• Guns, Crossbows, and Bows can be used to transmogrify Guns, Crossbows, or Bows.

• Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.

• Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.

• One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.

• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-tradable.

• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.

• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.

• Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.

• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

• Fishing Poles cannot be transmogrified.

• Fishing Poles cannot be used to transmogrify.

• Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

• Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.

• Vendoring an item strips its transmogrification.

• The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.

• There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)
    That is a LOT of damn restrictions on something that should have very few if any restrictions. Aren't games supposed to be fun? Why limit fun this much, especially something as simple as appearance?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Some of the worst restrictions for WoW's transmog is the weapons. My god what a nightmare.

That is a LOT of damn restrictions on something that should have very few if any restrictions. Aren't games supposed to be fun? Why limit fun this much, especially something as simple as appearance?
    It's a lot of bullet points, but it's not actually that restrictive, nor is it complicated. Hell, the majority of those points are just dealing with minutiae.

Which points do you think are unreasonable? Saying "It limits fun" doesn't actually mean anything - it's so vague that such an argument can be applied to anything.

edit: Also, from what others have described in the previous page, it sounds like Guild Wars 2 will have pretty much the same set of restrictions.

Eric Flannum says this about using trans stones as a cash cow...
    Eric says. "Guild Wars 2 starts players off with basic but very attractive armor (as seen in our demo) and from there the armor only gets cooler. In fact, we have a ton of very cool armor at the high end of the game, which means that many players will never use a transmutation stone since they'll want to keep the appearance of the new gear that they find.

http://www.arena.net/blog/john-and-e...loot-questions

Does anyone have any more info on limitations for transmutes?

I don't have any concrete info on what armor sets can/can't be used.
    But, the fact that you can customise a full purple Charr on creation seems to suggest they don't mind letting you do what you want. RPers can RP...crazy ppl can run around as a clown-like walking lion...live and let live. Anyway...all subjective.

Deleted
    It's a lot of bullet points, but it's not actually that restrictive, nor is it complicated. Hell, the majority of those points are just dealing with minutiae.

Which points do you think are unreasonable? Saying "It limits fun" doesn't actually mean anything - it's so vague that such an argument can be applied to anything.

edit: Also, from what others have described in the previous page, it sounds like Guild Wars 2 will have pretty much the same set of restrictions.
    2 points I had serious issues with it, first no legendaries. THey are still not all that easy to get, they still require a decent farm and except for sulfaras/lightning blade, they still require getting some people and a lot of luck for drops/a lot of runs to get it. I think, if went through that trouble, you should be able to show your legendaries.

Next, the Weapons must be the same weapon type. I can understand they don't want 1H changed for 2h skins, but I hate 2H maces/axes for example. And I want to use a 2H sword. Why not allow that? If hunters can for their ranged weapons, why can't melee?

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    2 points I had serious issues with it, first no legendaries. THey are still not all that easy to get, they still require a decent farm and except for sulfaras/lightning blade, they still require getting some people and a lot of luck for drops/a lot of runs to get it. I think, if went through that trouble, you should be able to show your legendaries.

Next, the Weapons must be the same weapon type. I can understand they don't want 1H changed for 2h skins, but I hate 2H maces/axes for example. And I want to use a 2H sword. Why not allow that? If hunters can for their ranged weapons, why can't melee?
    Well the restrictions aren't bad in my opinion, however, the limitation of choice in that game is a shame, if you would be a high-end raider you cannot choose to specifically go for a 2 Handed sword because that's what you like playing with, no you need to take the 2 Handed Axe, because the secondary stats suites you best.

To not being able to transmorph a Sword to an Axe or whatever isn't that bad.

@Squirrel; Not much is known yet about transmorphs besides the fact it costs quite some karma points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    @Squirrel; Not much is known yet about transmorphs besides the fact it costs quite some karma points.
    Yh had that down Just have to wait for more info I guess...

And btw...gonna miss ur lolage pony pic mixed with the evil name

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, WoW's transmogrify rules are just in set for certain weapon types and also to keep people from looking goofy (fishing poles, etc not available).

And I did figure that ArenaNet would be the same.

Deleted
    I would welcome some limitations. I, for one, don't want to see a warrior prancing around in dress shoes and nobleman's silk in the middle of a battlefield.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I would welcome some limitations. I, for one, don't want to see a warrior prancing around in dress shoes and nobleman's silk in the middle of a battlefield.
    They have that in rift.

For blizzard they can do plate to cloth, dagger to mace, Sword to axe because they are doing it now with bows/guns/crossbows. I feel like its just a clever ploy to get people back into the game.

"Yea remember when we said we couldn't let you transmog legendarys when it was released? Now you can! So re-subscribe plz..."
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    That's my idea for my Charr gone.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They have that in rift.
    Yea, it sucks in Rift. Terrible. Doesn't help that half the clothes are ugly.

Deleted
    Has it been confirmed how many character slots you will have at launch ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    No, but you can probably expect around 6. They said they want to give players enough,, but also not limit them, but character slots were a big seller for GW1 cash shop, so you can expect to see them in there aswell most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Laddips View Post
    Months ago they threw around the number 5, but are still discussing a number at this point.

Deleted
    How much were they selling them for in guild wars 1 ?