10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea, but no. Guildcast is terrible. Turned it off after 5 mins. Terrible, terrible.
    hahahaha, go on....
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Someone said they swapped host and got an "expert" on the show. It's still the same ill thought out, poorly informed, out right incorrect nonsense. They were talking about endgame and BiS gear and I was just... "Whatever, I'm gonna make some oatmeal with honey."

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    hahahaha, go on....
    It's terrible, generally the hosts don't know some of the most basic stuff about GW2 or if they do they get stuff mixed up or flat out wrong. The worst part is generally that podcast is for people who don't really know much about the game and they're spouting misinformation. It's really harmful to the game.

Yea, but no. Guildcast is terrible. Turned it off after 5 mins. Terrible, terrible.
    Which one? The one with Ed Park? I like Ed, he knows his stuff pretty much.

Yea, Ed was on there. Don't know the episode number, the latest I think. They had some other chick on too. I guess Rubi Bayer left the show(?). Don't know if the new girl or Ed are the supposed experts.

I don't wanna down them too much. It's okay for what it is, I guess. Definitely not for me though. Kinda more headache inducing than fun.

Ed just stepped in as a pvp guy. He doesn't know much about the game but he seemed pretty level headed about it all just stepping in as a host.

Elixabeth is the new host, she took over Rubi's job at Massively as the Guild Wars columnist. I didn't think she was that bad really. I actually thought that episode was one of their better guildcasts, lol.

lol i only seen like 3 episodes. just not for me :s

Meh, I take it for what it is. I do think the hosts, other than Gary, do know a lot more about the game then they let on in the guildcast. Sometimes being on a live show does funny things to you, makes you nervous and stuff.

The latest episode was just answering viewer questions. My only issue was the the questions they chose to answer.

hehe....minion masters are fun! 8 lil buddies so far.

MM + Pain Inverter + The Drought's aeo sandstorm = the most satisfaction so far in GW1
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-02-14 at 02:13 PM. Reason: nomage

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I'm bored with SWTOR and skyrim by now, I was thinking of starting a new character in GW1, but cba to do it alone, so I thought, wouldn't it be fun to get some people from MMO-Champ together on vent and go trough proph/factions/nf together and have some fun times with new characters

Also it could help out players who are new to the game since it has quite the learning curve.

Would be great if we could get a full party of 8 together
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I've never seen a good official forum for an mmo. They all have been cesspools. It's one thing to have constructive criticism but most of the whining is overblown and baseless.
    I wish this forum wasn't on a WoW fan site, honestly. Every time a post makes the front page some fan boy clicks and ends up bad mouthing GW2, the lack of trinity, lack of raiding, or just asking a dumb question that has been covered dozens of times. An official forum would cut down on that seeing as only fans of GW2 or at least people interested would be there and would probably have to have an account first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Since I'm bored with SWTOR and skyrim by now, I was thinking of starting a new character in GW1, but cba to do it alone, so I thought, wouldn't it be fun to get some people from MMO-Champ together on vent and go trough proph/factions/nf together and have some fun times with new characters

Also it could help out players who are new to the game since it has quite the learning curve.

Would be great if we could get a full party of 8 together
    I'd be up for it since I could really use some HoM points, I've done each campaign part way through but never completed one due to been bored of playing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    UW = Underworld. It's a big dungeon more or less. Elite missions or areas could be places like Slavers Exile or Domain of Anguish. In Factions there is one called The Deep. Anyway, completing them will net some nice cash plus the drops and crafting mats. Vanquishing (clearing zones in hardmode) is also nice for cash. Running people to places like Droknar's Forge used to be nice way get some money as well, not sure if that still happens.
    Lmao I had a drok's runner... wonder if people still need those. I think I charged like 2-3k a run at one point.

If you need hero skill in guild wars, go do Jade quarry, can even take a PvP character there, you will get Balthazaar faction (for skills) and Imperial faction you can trade 3:1 for Balthazaar faction so you get skills faster, elite skills are 3000 balth points, and normal skills is 1000 each.

Yes, people want runners from LA - droks, LA - ToA, LA- Sanctum and Ascalon - LA. and ofcourse eye of the north tours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    I wish this forum wasn't on a WoW fan site, honestly. Every time a post makes the front page some fan boy clicks and ends up bad mouthing GW2, the lack of trinity, lack of raiding, or just asking a dumb question that has been covered dozens of times. An official forum would cut down on that seeing as only fans of GW2 or at least people interested would be there and would probably have to have an account first.
    the way Blizzard has their forum setup is the best imo; if you want to talk about the game or complain of bitch you have to buy the game first. that will cut out A LOT of the trolls as they would have to pay the $50-$60 before they can troll. all in all it will help ANet in the long run to use that method; they get money from dedicated trolls and they keep out the non dedicated trolls, HAHAHAHA!
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuj View Post
    Since there are multiple fan sites it doesn't solve the problem unless all fan sites require you to have a GW2 game to post, which I doubt they will require.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Rift has that too. Have to be a subscriber to post. And people can vote on good posts/thread ideas. You can actually have lengthy and in depth conversations with the developers 1on1 via the Rift forums.

There is nothing to be lost by having an open channel of communication to your customers which isn't a third party site and more specifically a fan site.

Rift has that too. Have to be a subscriber to post. And people can vote on good posts/thread ideas. You can actually have lengthy and in depth conversations with the developers 1on1 via the Rift forums.

There is nothing to be lost by having an open channel of communication to your customers which isn't a third party site and more specifically a fan site.
    And a certain cleric dev nerfs waterjet and leaves druid broken for a year....

:"D

That's the bad thing about MMO Champ. It should be about all MMO's but is dominated by WoW all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashgar View Post
    That's the bad thing about MMO Champ. It should be about all MMO's but is dominated by WoW all of the time.
    Give it 10 years if blizzard doesn't change ceo's. Then it will be dominated by GW2

muahahha