Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    well, I agree to some extent that the engineer has some design flaws. People who saw the twimmo episode this week probably know which

The LED on the mine could easily be replaced, it's a bit out of place.

I'm hoping anet listens to their fanbase and tweaks here and there, because I love the concept of the engineer.
    I struggle to see why people are freaking out about this. It's like people can't handle the idea that the world they are developing may have not followed the same progression as the real world when it is perfectly ok for them to say <insert area> is extremely progressed while this other area is extremely behind. Just because mines in GW2 have lights that blink and are pressure sensative doesn't mean that everything in the game has to be as technologically advanced, nor does it mean that everything has to be twigs and rocks. Let them develope the game and we need to expand our brains a little bit to let creativity flow from them in the way they want. I mean hell... WoW has motorcycles and helicopters for God's sake...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

well i wouldn't mind if they changed the LEDs but it's not a big deal to me

otherwise I find a lot of the hate for the class a bit silly, especially the ones that say it doesn't fit in the world

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's a big deal either, but I get why some lore-geeks do.
    The class is not as hated as would seem, the poll on gw2guru was in favor of engineers, but there's a vocal minority.
    GW2 fans are REALLY uptight about the game's art direction, and they should be, ANET has one of the best art teams in the world of games.

Who says it's an LED anyway? I haven't seen it myself, but couldn't it just be a light bulb?

And even then, it's not like light bulbs or LED's are that out of whack in a Steampunk / Technobilly society. Not like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with the race that invented Aerosol Deodorants before the wheel.

Deleted
    still it looks out of place when he's firing a flint lock weapon while setting down hightech mines that flashes whatever it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Ampd413 View Post
    APB and Aion both had amazing character customization, too bad they both ended up flopping
    APB beta is now up its incredibly fun

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    APB beta is now up its incredibly fun
    I need to try that out, PM me your server/toon name and i'll hit you up in game.
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Deleted
    Whats APB?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Whats APB?
    All points bulletin. Basically the game is Grand theft auto online i was having some fun messing around in it during my lunch break

APB beta thread
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-05-24 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the Necromancer ability Death's Shroud, i mean, its DEATH'S SHROUD! you are covered by darkness!

Imagine how it will be to flash into the enemys position(Dark Path) and blind them, and when "DS" end or is canceled you return to the position you were when you activated it!

I can already see many tactics with it, teleport the same moment you get charged n1?

I found this video to demonstrate Deaths Shroud, jump to4:55

Necromancer will be the 2nd character i make after my engineer because necromancers are always amazing lol

After a look at the art for norn animal forms, I suddenly want to make a Norn elementalist named Akil'zon, running around in raven form shouting troll things :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    still it looks out of place when he's firing a flint lock weapon while setting down hightech mines that flashes whatever it is...
    I don't get it.
    It either looks too much like real life or not unrealistic enough? ...mmehhh..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I don't get it.
    It either looks too much like real life or not unrealistic enough? ...mmehhh..
    its not the point if it's too realistic or not realistic enough, the point is that the technology does not fit. The flint lock gun is old technology and the mine is a way more high tech.

Deleted
    In our world that's the timeline and mantra.

You are assuming that 'new' is superior to 'old' which is largely the case for those social constructs in our world.

But you are buying this game to not be in our world for a period of time.

You are assuming that 'new' is superior to 'old' which is largely the case for those social constructs in our world.

YES YES AND MORE YES..... he gets it!
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

Deleted

At the end a the day it's a world different from our world so I guess its true they can implement what ever if its justifiable by the lore, which if they get the question about it I think will have a hard time answering if they haven't got a clear answer. I found it interesting and I hope they have a good answer from the lore, if not they better change it.

Shiit im normally not a lore freak, I actually dont give a flying as long as the game is great, still its interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc14c6c9ab1c; 2011-05-25 at 12:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that QQ about the blinking light on the mine really haven't thought things out.

IMO, it's there for 2 reasons:
    1) So you can see where you placed your mines with lot of other classes spell effects going on, and thus detonate them at the right moment.
    2) So enemies actually have a chance to see it in a PVP situation. A brown mine on brown dirt wouldn't be easy to see without an animation.
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-05-25 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    People that QQ about the blinking light on the mine really haven't thought things out.

IMO, it's there for 2 reasons:
    1) So you can see where you placed your mines with lot of other classes spell effects going on, and thus detonate them at the right moment.
    2) So enemies actually have a chance to see it in a PVP situation. A brown mine on brown dirt wouldn't be easy to see without an animation.
    its a lore question, don't embarrass yourself