10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Only to fail and submit when colin johanson strides out of the office offering fresh baked cookies.
    nom nom nom nom

15+ Year Old Account
    I would actually be glad if they held on to show the Sylvari/Asura until the release of the game.

The Asura as a race is the one thing that I don't want to get spoiled by a beta weekend and it would feel awesome when we finally get to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Only to fail and submit when colin johanson strides out of the office offering fresh baked cookies.
    I swung a cookie, I swung a cookie again. Hey! I swung it again that's great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is there any information on how the map will work in GW2? Does it include scraping like in GW1, explorable "zones" like in WoW, or is everything explored by default? The videos I've seen seems to have everything explored already, but that might just be beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Is there any information on how the map will work in GW2? Does it include scraping like in GW1, explorable "zones" like in WoW, or is everything explored by default? The videos I've seen seems to have everything explored already, but that might just be beta.
    I assume you mean how does the "fog of war" work?

About 1:00 in

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh right, I was talking about the fog of war. But he doesn't explain how you "explore" the fog of war. If it's like GW1 where you have to wall-hug the edges of the map to get 100% exploration, or if it's like WoW where you just need to enter a general area for the whole thing to explore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a look around and didn't find anything, we'd have to get lucky and find a video to know for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    ONE WEEK TO GO ish

10+ Year Old Account
    No local servers for Oceania says AU/NZ distrubutor

ANZ players will connect to game servers running in the US, but they will get their patch data from local cache servers (that is, actually hosted locally in ANZ). The game should run well from the US, and having local patch servers means that patches should be as quick as they are anywhere else in the world.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-04-03 at 07:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game should run well from the US
    I'm not sold on this one...

But I will say that people in my WoW guilds who played from Hawaii, on a server hosted in LA, never had lag issues. Hawaii may not be quite as far away as AU, but... it's still across a ridiculously large body of water, right?

I wonder how angry AU/NZ fans are.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

They are probably used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I'm not sold on this one...

But I will say that people in my WoW guilds who played from Hawaii, on a server hosted in LA, never had lag issues. Hawaii may not be quite as far away as AU, but... it's still across a ridiculously large body of water, right?

I played WoW from London on a US based server with terrible internet (though I played at night, which was the only time the internet WASN'T terrible, during the day I would get constant DCs and be unable to so much as run a heroic, but that was because Talktalk is the worst ISP in the world not because of distance)
    They can suck it up. :P
    I feel like most people who say that it's impossible to be competitive if the server is far on an MMO are exaggerating greatly.
    An FPS sure, not generally an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    Indubitely.
    Indubitably.
    Normally I wouldn't correct someone's spelling over a forum.. but.. uhh.. that was pretty bad. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I played WoW from London on a US based server
    Which is less than half the distance of AU to US

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I feel like most people who say that it's impossible to be competitive if the server is far on an MMO are exaggerating greatly.
    Try playing a class with a positional requirement. It's rather annoying when you stand behind the enemy and backstab only to see immune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Try playing a class with a positional requirement. It's rather annoying when you stand behind the enemy and backstab only to see immune.
    Now also add in: a tank that just won't stand the fuck still!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Oh right, I was talking about the fog of war. But he doesn't explain how you "explore" the fog of war. If it's like GW1 where you have to wall-hug the edges of the map to get 100% exploration, or if it's like WoW where you just need to enter a general area for the whole thing to explore.
    It's more like WoW where you come into an area and it uncovers X area. Within that though there's TONS of Points of Interest to find among other things.

Well I finally pre-purchased my CE, had some issues before but fixed it finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Well I finally pre-purchased my CE, had some issues before but fixed it finally!
    Congratulations!
    I can't wait to pre-purchase my DD, but I have a feeling I'll be slightly less excited about it than you are about your CE. :P
    All I'll be getting is the game I've been looking forward to since it was announced, you get to look forward to that + some interesting trinkets. :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    No local servers for Oceania says AU/NZ distrubutor
    Wow i like how they are selling standard DIGITAL for $89 AUD.. pfft (90 would be the usual standard price for a Boxed game here in Aus on release not the digital)

GW2 site here i come..
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-04-03 at 11:05 AM.

am i reading this right? there wont be EU servers, only american ones?