Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    patch 4.1 recycling of the zandalari

Patch 4.1: "The Fall of Blizzard's ideas"
    As cool as that cinematic looks it's still pathetic that they are bringing back old instances instead of creating something new. I've had enough of Nefarian, Ragnaros, Hakkar and Zul'jin for years and damn it, I want something new instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baygon View Post
    yeah i know what you mean, it sounds completely absurd i wouldn't really call it a retcon but it's as retarded as some of blizzard's more recent lore changes
    Another brain fart from their part.

Then they will use the usual excuse "old god corruption blablahblah".

Quote Originally Posted by darkhelmet View Post
    Well I guess that clinches it.. The downloader has the patch and it is active.
    launcher still doesn't let me download the patch

delay another week?

10+ Year Old Account
    they made a trailer for 2 re-done 5 mans? i get that they are trying to make it look awesome, but when ppl see that trailer then go and actually do the dungeons, its gonna be different story. and they also assume that every person who plays WoW cares about any of the lore. lol. dont get me wrong, its a cool trailer, but so was the movie Skyline's trailer. and look what happened there

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azanure View Post
    Another brain fart from their part.

Then they will use the usual excuse "old god corruption blablahblah".
    yeah, honestly the old god excuse has become uninteresting and annoying, it's not even surprising anymore when everything gets corrupted by old gods, why can't sargeras rock up and blow them up and finish Azeroth once and for all, at least Sargeras is Win
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Great trailer, Zul' Jin is so badass. *.*

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    My information is the same as yours. You just choose to ignore the obvious. If you can read you will find information that many developers have left WOW to go design TITAN... and other ppl were "trained" to fill their spots. During the release of TBC the devs stated that their goal (not just that they wanted) was to release expansion every year. That was when BLizzard had 2 full teams of devs working on the game - NOw they dont.
    You don't know anything about software development, much less large scalar development, do you?

What Blizzard did is industry standard practice. New things get on the product roadmap and developers are assigned to the new project. Since Blizzard needs developers on both new products and existing products some portion of the senior development staff gets assigned to new, with either new hire developers or other experienced developers getting assigned to WoW. Being "trained" in this context is not like being "trained" to flip hamburgers. It means getting familiar with the development environment and code base for the areas a developer will be working on. It also doesn't mean that the developers assigned to WoW are all greenhorns fresh from college or trade school.

And here's something nobody knows: how many developers are working on titan. For all anyone knows it's a small team of senior developers working on designes and prototypes. So nobody can make the tacit assumption that Blizzard has "gutted" the WoW development team. Unless, of course it supports the QQ position.

The fact is, Duster, you think 4.1 is weak because you're not getting what YOU want. Typical myopic thinking for many people here on MMO. The patch will be fine, and Firelands will be ready when it's ready. You or anyone else are free to cancel subscriptions until Firelands is ready.

--

I'm still holding out hope that, one day, I'll come to the MMO forums and see a whole page of threads, none of which is QQ.

Is it available to download yet? I keep seeing people say that they are downloading but my launcher isn't showing any patch information what so ever.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    Such a long patch notes might fool some of the younger wow players but for players who are still paying blizz every months 13 Euro for 4-5 years + its just not enough.
    Old players can see the shit when its coming and can smell the dust in the face that is called 4.1
    But i think all this is for good and we all will win if WoW comes to it ends sooner .
    I am also not sure if Blizz will keep thier position on MMo market after next year and this is also for good cuz wow killed the creativity in mmo genre.
    Its all about making money now and they use 40% of that cash to make the game and all other 60% for advertisment thier shit trying to sell to u: Aion Rift Age of conan WAR ..u call it .
    and when we talk about blizz is all about money in a first place too and its that way since very long time ....too bad now they dont have a quality product that wow used to be to back up there philo$ophy .
    Dont get me wrong i still like wow and i hope it gets better but thats not what i am seeing to be honest ... less and less efforts has been put into wow .
    less effort.....less quality??? are you sure me and you play the same game...ive been around since vanilla...back when u know strat was 10 man ubrs was 15....when all classes had ONE role and that was it you ither played that roll or you didnt get into anything because you we're labled a nub?

im sorry i enjoy the game for the most part, sure there are certain things i dont agree with it doesnt mean the game is any less of quality then what t was if anything its better......wow didnt kill the MMO genre if anything it took it to a new level....im sorry the human mind doesnt work and create things fast enough for people who play all day everyday clearing everything then going...hey im bored give me more or you suck.....i play with people who have families who work full time who use the game as there get away for a breather...and are perfectly happy with what is coming. while i respect your feelings towards the issue i dont believe your anywhere near the truth of it....there are people who are going to hate the way its going and others who are going to like it....fact is you cant please everyone and if you dont like it then leave why bother staying just to get mad and frustraited over a game??? it is a game after all isnt it?

now im a vet to this game i like what i play if i didnt i wouldnt pay for it....do i look forward to zg hell yes i have some of my best memories in that place with some of the most amazing people ive ever met.. is it still the old content no...same map shure it was beautiful back then and new players would walk in and just go WHOAAA this place is hugeeeeee..then get to a boss and be like whoaaa.......not every single person has played for 4-6 years. but like i said everyones entitled to there own opinion doesnt make it right or the only one that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    I don't understand plot. Why do Zandalari work on rebuilding Gurubashi and Amani empires after they worked at killing Hakkar and destroying Gurubashi? They maked up their minds? Changed leader?
    its called retcon :P

I can't wait for the new instances , will certainly bring back some old memories!
    But certainly looking forward to the changes and the new additions to the boss fights

Yes - I find it also very intresting why Horde and Alliance should be preventing trolls to take over ZG and ZA again... Its not like the troll places are worth something... Rest of them stand empty.

Quite frankly its a total joke to see that video.

why do so many people QQ over this patch sayn blizz ran out of ideas people will be bored in a few weeks again, this isnt a content patch, with cataclysms release changing so much of each class this is just a rebalancing patch with a little extra so they can spend a bit more time on the final touch ups for 4.2 which will be right around the corner from this patch
    I Delight in the Irony

Armory, Warcraft logs, Youtube, Twitter, Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    I don't understand plot. Why do Zandalari work on rebuilding Gurubashi and Amani empires after they worked at killing Hakkar and destroying Gurubashi? They maked up their minds? Changed leader?
    Because the Gurubashi, along with the other troll tribes were scattered and their plans are to unite them all under one leadership to avoid extinction (the first sentence in the trailer). According to WoWPedia, Zandalar was the origin of all other troll tribes, and their interest was to always keep alive the troll history. So, that part is covered. Including the meeting with every other troll tribe (including Darkspear - the horde troll tribe).

What I didn't know and don't understand, and the video seems to show it, is they would appeal to Hakkar once again (?). And why can't they unite the people and try to be diplomatic instead of waging war against everyone and everything? But then, again, that Zandalari leader is a mysterious person, and we know even silly reasons justify things, sometimes. We'll have to do the quests and the dungeon to try and understand, I hope. :P

I wonder if King Rastakhan (Known leader of Zandalari) will appear anywhere in this patch...

EDIT: Retcons are usually justified with a reason, even if it's an absurd one. Let's wait and see.
    Last edited by Verdandy; 2011-04-26 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    What is "Pick Up Action Key"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    You don't know anything about software development, much less large scalar development, do you?

What Blizzard did is industry standard practice. New things get on the product roadmap and developers are assigned to the new project. Since Blizzard needs developers on both new products and existing products some portion of the senior development staff gets assigned to new, with either new hire developers or other experienced developers getting assigned to WoW. Being "trained" in this context is not like being "trained" to flip hamburgers. It means getting familiar with the development environment and code base for the areas a developer will be working on. It also doesn't mean that the developers assigned to WoW are all greenhorns fresh from college or trade school.

And here's something nobody knows: how many developers are working on titan. For all anyone knows it's a small team of senior developers working on designes and prototypes. So nobody can make the tacit assumption that Blizzard has "gutted" the WoW development team. Unless, of course it supports the QQ position.

The fact is, Duster, you think 4.1 is weak because you're not getting what YOU want. Typical myopic thinking for many people here on MMO. The patch will be fine, and Firelands will be ready when it's ready. You or anyone else are free to cancel subscriptions until Firelands is ready.

What is "standard" practice in a one payment game is not a standard practice in a Sub based MMO. I can very well understand when part of the Guild Wars crew is moved over to work on GW2 and less emphesis is put on creating the next payed for update to GW1. THats very much understandable since the result is a game that is coninuing the story in GW world. THis is not the case with Titan. Its a FPS acording to only news awailable.. Its also due out 2013 so its not just few seniors playing around. You have absolutly zero idea what you are talking about.

Again - WOW has been put on a shelf as milking cow instead of having a full team of devs working on extensive remake in terms of basic systems. 12 million subs over 6 years justify that sort of work. It DEMANDS such a work and detication from BLizzard. Instead they throw out an insult to the entrie long term playebase by clogging PTR server with recycled 1 dungeon for months... time that should have been used to test new featuers - and new and fresh content.

THe only thing that would have justified ZG and ZA again would have been to use them to put in new combat featuers like scaling - like AI that adjusts to the group - like dynamic events that happen in random places in the map. This is not the case... its the same old dungeons - using the same old day one methods and design. Its lazy - and its an insult to those that already payd sub for those instances few years back.

Training ppl is exactly what it is... if they are flipping burgers or getting familiar with the development environment and code one will take 1 day to learn ... other will slow down the entire design progress and is possibly the main reason ppl had to wait over a year after ICC for the next expansion... because the ppl that were "flipping the burgers" managed to screw it up.

What should have been done is that ENTIRE new second crew should have been ADDED to the game - like they did before TBC. It created the greatest content the game has seen so far by miles. It brought in fresh ideas - fantastic raid encounters and real innovation on many fronts. Since then we have seen less and less quality and quite frankly just poor design work and horrible choises and paths been taken. 4.1 is the low point of that. It can not get any worse and the hope is that it will get Blizzard devs off their arse and the TITAN crew off their high horse and realise that 12 million ppl are paying THEM to do their job in WOW for the long term future of the game. They are not doing that..... they are not working on new armor engine - they are not working on new mob engine - they are not working on new AI features... They are not working on dynamic world events ... They are ignoring WOW and letting it ROT with stagannt content and features.

Archeology is probably the best example how poor the current design crew of WOW really is. They can't even flip burgers without screwing it up.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2011-04-26 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrogan View Post
    I get a horrible feeling that it's going to be delayed, either that or Blizz was trolling us with extended PTR testing..
    NOOOOOOOOO BLIZZARD shouldnt Tease us like this

10+ Year Old Account
    I sure liked the video, but i felt like something was amiss. Maybe the ''new content'' factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdandy View Post
    Because the Gurubashi, along with the other troll tribes were scattered and their plans are to unite them all under one leadership to avoid extinction (the first sentence in the trailer). According to WoWPedia, Zandalar was the origin of all other troll tribes, and their interest was to always keep alive the troll history. So, that part is covered. Including the meeting with every other troll tribe (including Darkspear - the horde troll tribe).

What I didn't know and don't understand, and the video seems to show it, is they would appeal to Hakkar once again (?). And why can't they unite the people and try to be diplomatic instead of waging war against everyone and everything? But then, again, that Zandalari leader is a mysterious person, and we know even silly reasons justify things, sometimes. We'll have to do the quests and the dungeon to try and understand, I hope. :P

I wonder if King Rastakhan (Known leader of Zandalari) will appear anywhere in this patch...

EDIT: Retcons are usually justified with a reason, even if it's an absurd one. Let's wait and see.
    So why should I be taking part in a holocaust against the trolls tribes ? And why should horde trolls support such things ?