Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    But as I said, the show lacks some kind of punch. The lack of story and chronical buildup in the episodes, which existed in the original My Little Pony-show, is what I'd want to see for an eventual second season for Friendship is Magic. But in the original show, it didn't work to its fullest, since one couldn't friggin tell one pony from another. In Friendship is Magic, they've picked out a select few ponies and punched into our heads who they are and what makes them special. So, seeing as how the first season really have learnt us to know the characters, they could for a second season build up a story based around these characters.

But this is only what I'd want to see for the show. In the end it might not be at all what the show needs for me to get hooked. Perhaps I'm just overanylizing shit and should just watch and get entertained. So far, it's a 7/10 show for me.
    Not sure if its been said, but the creator of the show actually wanted each big story arcs for the series (Similar to how episode 1 and 2 were) But Hasbro wanted people to be able to watch any episode out of order, so the idea was nixxed : /

The Ponycraft parody was awesome.

I denied it, but I'm on episode 20 now and loving every one.

....can someone make me a pony avatar? pinky pie or twilight sparkle if possible...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I don't want a guy that's going to - - like - - (what) everyone else does.
    Oh, dahling! You couldn't possibly be thinking of getting "in" with the underground looking like that, could you?
    Here's something that's sure to stir the crowd from your devoted ol' Rarity:

You're welcome, sis'!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I denied it, but I'm on episode 20 now and loving every one.
    ....can someone make me a pony avatar? pinky pie or twilight sparkle if possible...
    That sounds just wonderful, and I couldn't be happier to. Is there a theme or feeling of any kind you'd like to see expressed?
    Last edited by mmoc09f76fb0d8; 2011-04-30 at 11:57 PM.

Deleted
    Personally, I've really enjoyed the series so far. I like the plotlines, the references, tne animation style... And to be completely honest, it actually does make me feel happy when I watch it.
    It's probably weird to find happiness in watching a show that's made for little girls (Despite me being a 19 year old guy), but my life has been really quite horrible for the last few years. The happiness I felt from watching an episode for the very first time (Fall Weather Friends, more specifically) was more then welcome, as I hadn't really felt it at all for a very long time. I don't really care about what it is or who it's ment for -- It's a welcome, weekly happiness fix.

Unfortunately, the final episode of the season will be next week, which will be followed by 6 long months of waiting for season 2 in November... I just hope Equestria Daily will keep me entertained during the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhazrun View Post
    That sounds just wonderful, and I couldn't be happier to. Is there a theme or feeling of any kind you'd like to see expressed?
    Took me a bit, but I'm leaning towards pinkie pie in one of her ridiculous outfits. the one where she looked like a present box with flippers or the bizarre set of pranking stuff she has at about 12 seconds in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zHZj...eature=related of this clip

aha, 17:44 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ-3w...eature=related for the bizarre box-flippers-giant glasses-balloons outfit.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2011-05-01 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, dahling! You couldn't possibly be thinking of getting "in" with the underground looking like that, could you?
    Here's something that's sure to stir the crowd from your devoted ol' Rarity:

You're welcome, sis'!

I'm confused, I love girly. That and carebears made up my little girly years!

Shit, if I found an avatar of the *old* little pony I'll use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfluffy View Post
    Next thing you know, Lauren Faust will write a TV show with Blizzard Cinamatic team doign the visuals and it'll be called...

My Little Zergling: Friendship is Psionic!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U

done already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT_y_f-MY7c

there's also a cataclysm trailer.

Deleted
    I'm confused, I love girly.
    I gathered that. As such, did you not find yourself displeased when a former diabetes tumor was revamped into the manliest show around?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm leaning towards pinkie pie in one of her ridiculous outfits. the one where she looked like a present box with flippers

It's basic, so let me know if you have something fancy in mind.
    Last edited by mmoc09f76fb0d8; 2011-05-01 at 01:55 AM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jhazrun, you and whoever linked MenloMarseilles' channel, you're both responsible for addicting me to the ponies. I would say "thank you" all sarcastic-like, but I'm actually enjoying myself, so just, thanks <3

Edit: I was super hyped when the first part of the pilot had closed captions, because that meant I could watch it at work, but I just tried to watch the second half and no dice. I tried to use the youtube beta transcriber...and it is VERY beta.

I got "alliance bite you've been working on my back on morning while remarked exactly so here to work to do moralistic telling witness" about 2 min in. I officially have no idea what's going on. I will watch when I get home. XD
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-05-01 at 01:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I gathered that. As such, did you not find yourself displeased when a former diabetes tumor was revamped into the manliest show around?
    This is why I find this fad so comical. Old same show and other girly shows, terrible. This show still aimed at little girls, amazing. That being said, the show is very cute, I still would find it awkward if my boyfriend spent his time and became obsessed watching a show aimed at little girls. Same as if my boyfriend decided to get an Edward poster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Jhazrun, you and whoever linked MenloMarseilles' channel, you're both responsible for addicting me to the ponies. I would say "thank you" all sarcastic-like, but I'm actually enjoying myself, so just, thanks <3
    Captain's Log, 1st of May 2011, 04:21: Another shipment of friendship has arrived. Magic levels at 73% and rising. Prepare celebrations.

This is why I find this fad so comical. Old same show and other girly shows, terrible. This show still aimed at little girls, amazing. That being said, the show is very cute, I still would find it awkward if my boyfriend spent his time and became obsessed watching a show aimed at little girls. Same as if my boyfriend decided to get an Edward poster.
    I... don't think you and I are on the same page here. I'm sorry to hear, however, that your concept of entertainment has been dichotomized by shows of old that got away with low quality by simply ignoring those mature enough to knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    So what ya' all think of my signature?!
    That's right. I'm addicted to the show!
    Oh, you're looking just charming there, dear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post

Best ever <3

I... don't think you and I are on the same page here. I'm sorry to hear, however, that your concept of entertainment has been dichotomized by shows of old that got away with low quality by simply ignoring those mature enough to knew better.
    !
    No, I think were on the same page, because I agree the old show was terrible. Just was amazing when I was a child. I also said the new show is cute. It's the same as adults liking Spongebob, except the majority of people liking it like it because it's a fad, not because they enjoy watching the show.

Hmmm...you're missing my favorite so 9/10. Other than that GREAT.

I've actually been working on a new avatar and sig for the past few hours but since I have 0 experience with this sort of thing I'm having to start at level 1 and learn as I go.
    Having fun though I love trying new things it's my most favorite thing ever.

No, I think were on the same page, because I agree the old show was terrible. Just was amazing when I was a child. I also said the new show is cute. It's the same as adults liking Spongebob, except the majority of people liking it like it because it's a fad, not because they enjoy watching the show.
    I actually had no idea it was a fad until lately I actually genuinely enjoy the show and all the characters.
    It can be cute and funny and always great with the references to things that the target audience probably wouldn't get.
    Not to mention the refreshing lack of dur/fart jokes that many shows these days seem to have.
    Last edited by A1CZERO; 2011-05-01 at 02:47 AM.

When I was a little filly and the sun was going doooooowwwn~

Quote Originally Posted by migari View Post
    so what ya' all think of my signature?! :d

that's right. I'm addicted to the show!
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET FLUTTERSHY?!?!?!?!

Edit:Awww, typing everything in caps didn't seem to work :< attempt numero dos

I'm trying to use the pinky pie avatar but it says it's too large.

edit: woot, it worked that time! I am officially converted!

Last edited by Powerogue; 2011-05-01 at 03:33 AM.

Deleted
    I think were on the same page, because I agree the old show was terrible. Just was amazing when I was a child.
    See, this is where it all breaks down. Providing for an exclusive demographic is easy, so it's what most shows do. The one discussed, on the other hand, has demonstrated a wide-ranging appeal in an exceptionally solid and respectable fashion. Gems among rocks are rare, but very real, and it saddens me greatly to witness one taken for yet another pebble by a disillusioned onlooker.

the majority of people liking it like it because it's a fad, not because they enjoy watching the show.
    You're losing me, darling. Just what in the world has got you believing this preposterously highly of your perception...?

10+ Year Old Account
    It genuienly funny for me(spelling is horrible) its on the same level as how the powerpuff girls were ment for little girls and yet it was more(mojojojo one of the best cartoon villians in Cartoon networks history).

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    It genuienly funny for me(spelling is horrible) its on the same level as how the powerpuff girls were ment for little girls and yet it was more(mojojojo one of the best cartoon villians in Cartoon networks history).
    Yeah, same with cow and chicken, go back and watch it now and you'll definitely find yourself laughing your ass off. MLP Friendship is magic seems to be going back to cartoons actually being funny like back in the early days of cartoon network, and I'm glad, I'd rather my nieces and nephews watch this than god damn drake and josh or some of the other crap kids tv shows which teaches kids that 'hey it's ok to be selfish, as long as you get your way'