10+ Year Old Account

Trash pull before Nalorakk

I was tanking a ZA with an all guild group and we got up to Nalorakk and pulled the two warbringers and the one axe tosser while trapping the witch doctor (only cc we had at the moment). The fight goes on pretty well for a little bit, never go below 70%, and then all of a sudden I just drop like a rock and die. After trying again with the same cc, with the same result, I noticed that they had a buff on both of them that increases their damage by 50%, and after reviewing my combat logs, I realized that their mounts were attacking me as well, even though their riders hadn't been killed yet. Anyway, we tried with a guildy in the group who had a tanking offspec in case it was just me. Same result, and we're sitting there puzzling over why we're dying so much and couldn't really figure out an answer, and we come up with the conclusion that either the content is tuned around the Luck of the Draw buff, or that they just bugged out for us for whatever odd reason. I've known the healer for quite some time and I know that he's a very competent healer so I'm not sure what's going on.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Badness, lots and lots of badness.

I've made that pull where all 4 of the adds are on the tank, and we manage it, difficult, but we do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    Badness, lots and lots of badness.

I've made that pull where all 4 of the adds are on the tank, and we manage it, difficult, but we do.
    Well, the problem is that the healer can't keep me up, and the warbringers are immune to the trap, and, like I said, I know the healer to be pretty competent
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

Just because you think he is, doesn't make him so, same goes for you as a tank or even the dps to down them quick enough. Not being a dick here, just pointing it out as I see it.
    If one's being CC'd especially the one that puts the totems down, yeah they hit hard, but I've really not seen any problem with that pack before unless its an accidental pull where shit hits the fan and even then sometimes we recover.
    They aren't bugged, or anything of the sort, they just hit hard, require cooldowns and lots of healing, lots and lots of healing.

-edit-
    And I've only done these instances with pugs, and I'm sure you know the success rate of pugs is... well, low. So if they can do it, I'm sure its highly possible.

im pretty sure its an enrage effect and needs to be tranq, soothed, shived.

The bear mobs hit hard at 70 as well. I've done a full guild run (meaning no luck of the draw), no priest buff. Only my mark of the wild. Warrior tank, druid healer (me), rogue, balance druid, hunter. Trapped the witch doctor. The tank got trucked, but all I did was keep my rejuv and LB rotation up (for mastery on both), then spam the hell out of healing touch and nothing but healing touch (swiftmend ever 15 sec of course), and I've never had my tank die on that fight yet. Just gotta use tanking cooldowns, and prepare for a lot of clenching.

Edit: Derp, warrior has commanding shout which equals priest buff.
    Last edited by Jordaen; 2011-04-29 at 04:53 AM. Reason: clarification

The bears have a -20,000 armor debuff they apply on the tank, if that is applied with the big guys still alive you can die very very fast.

They have one that makes them hit harder that isn't an enrage too, but yes, they do have an enrage that can be tranq'd.

And as Akeldema said, DPS needs to burst shit dead, as Jordaen said, healer needs to spam the shit out of you, and as we've all said, you need to use tank CD's constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for the answers, I was just wondering if it was bugged or not cause I seemed to be just dropping like a helicopter that ran out of gas >_<

back in bc you had to tank the warbringers far apart so they couldnt buff eachother but with it being a 1 tank instance now it shouldnt be an issue just need better gear, or pop cooldowns

you need to not dps the bears riders until the others are dead, then kill them one at a time, Dismounting them last makes you take more damage in the long run, but stops the massive burst of having all your armor disappear with 6 mobs on you.

Being careful to not dismount both at once can also help.

They hit hard. Hense you need to either blow cooldowns or keep them stunned.

Hense Warriors rock that trash. Shockwave is unbelievably useful.

And bringing good DPS that can focus the Warbringer down quickly helps too.

A tip for the warbringers: stun them just before they dismount (i think that's at like 30 or 40%) - that causes the bear not to spawn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah we had trouble on them aswell when we tried to do timed run, we ended up wiping half party which ran back but atleast we didn't wipe completely (though we didn't make timer anyway even though we only lost 2 minutes there since we were like 5+ minutes away from reaching boss when it ran out).

But I guess the tip above about killing the others before bear is the best one. As for Kujja that sounds like an exploit/bug

I tank these as a dk with ok gear (355 i think) by killing a rider, then the bear on dismount, repeat. I usually cc the axe tosser and the medician man.

Watch for crunch armor, that's the armor reducing debuff mentioned...that's what's wiping you.

Deleted
    Tanked all four at once, lolled and died. Used CC on the doctor lolled and died, CCd the tosser and doctor realised the damn bear was tryin to eat my armor and went OHHHH. So yea, you can do it with the doctor ccd (which with his protective totem is kind of a must) and you can tank the rest. This however is where your dps comes in as they need to focus down the riders the bear is a nil issue with proper rotation of cds.

Easy mode trash pack followed by easy mode "i bring da PAIN" Nalorakk

Deleted
    Use CD.
    just watch your debuffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotta start blowing your short and long cooldowns like we did when starting cata heroics. Stuff hits hard even in 359 gear.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222