Thread: Billing Issue

Billing Issue

I just got an American Express Blue Cash card and for some reason it won't let me pay for my WoW subscription with it. I can use it at stores and stuff just fine. Doesn't Blizzard accept American Express?

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    I just got an American Express Blue Cash card and for some reason it won't let me pay for my WoW subscription with it. I can use it at stores and stuff just fine. Doesn't Blizzard accept American Express?
    Is it the type of prepaid card where you can input your billing information on a website? Those are the only ones that will work with Blizzard's store. Check the card and see if there's a website that lets you check your balance and such, they may have a place where you can do that. I've done that with Visa gift cards a lot and had no problems - but prepaid cards that don't let you put the billing info in don't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you asking this here? You could post on WoW forums and have someone who knows 100% about this answer your question.
    "Like the ancient tibetan philosophy states; dont start none, wont be none."
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Lord Monichromicorn?
    Where is my gooooooooooooold
    Quote Originally Posted by pickley
    Lord Monichromicorn

Wheres my candy
    da best ^

Deleted
    Is there American Express option when you're trying to pay? Haven't checked myself. Anyways, if there is some kind of problems with it, it's better to make a post to official forums, they'll know better what to do

It's not a prepaid card. Also, how would I make a post on the official forums if I'm trying to pay for a subscription?

Deleted
    It's not a prepaid card. Also, how would I make a post on the official forums if I'm trying to pay for a subscription?
    From: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...ing&rhtml=true

"Email Support

Blizzard Support provides a Web Form for you to fill out which collects most of the information Billing and Account Services will need to be able to quickly and efficiently provide you with a solution.

Email support is also available at billing@blizzard.com as an alternative to the web form."

Try to send mail there.

All you need is a trial account to post in customer service forum.
    Off hand, I can think of two possible reasons.

1. CC companies charge a flat rate plus a percentage of the purchase price to companies accepting CC transactions. Amex may charge more than other companies.

2. I've had Amex corporate cards that didn't allow recurring payments. They could only be used for one time purchases.
    Do not lead me into temptation... I know the shortcuts. Follow Me!

Alright, thank you.

My error. I mistook it for one of the American Express gift cards I've received in the past. Sorry for the erroneous response.

Quote Originally Posted by Gzr View Post
    CC companies charge a flat rate plus a percentage of the purchase price to companies accepting CC transactions. Amex may charge more than other companies.
    Probably this, American Express do charge alot more than visa so much so that most normal shops don't accept them in the UK.
    Also , wasn't there a problem with some banks black listing payments to blizzard a few years ago?