10+ Year Old Account

Rogue/Class/racials?

Can anyone tell me what the best class is for rogue currently on horde side pvp?

Really enjoying my rogue atm in pvp (only level 74), just came back from a long break and Sub is fun as fuck .
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Depends on play style. Goblin has increased mobility due to rocket jump, Orc has decreased stun duration and a nice dmg boost with Blood Fury, bloodelf has an aoe silence and energy return. Any of those three are viable just like I said depends on play style

Top rated rogues in arena are a toss up between forsaken, goblin, and blood elf, so whichever racial you find to be the most appealing out of those would statistically be the best. However, as said above, playstyle choice.

If you want pure PVP, go goblin/UD/BElf, whichever you prefer. I'd recommend goblin if you want to do both PVP and PVE, though, as they're definitely the most versatile at both roles at once. Orc is far too polarized for PVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotron View Post
    If you want pure PVP, go goblin/UD/BElf, whichever you prefer. I'd recommend goblin if you want to do both PVP and PVE, though, as they're definitely the most versatile at both roles at once. Orc is far too polarized for PVE.
    I don't see the benefit of UD rogue for pvp but I may be missing something? And I disagree with the orc comment, stun reduction and a large ap cd to be used in conjunction with the on use trinket for a shadowdance is pretty huge.

while that is very true for a casual play style people who want to optimize everything about their character are often pushed to certain classes. For example, this is for rogues, alli Humans flat out have the best racials for PvP, and Worgen have the flat out best stats for PvE. This is undebatable, yet it doesn't mean you have to be these classes only that they do have a slight advantage based off race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
    I don't see the benefit of UD rogue for pvp but I may be missing something? And I disagree with the orc comment, stun reduction and a large ap cd to be used in conjunction with the on use trinket for a shadowdance is pretty huge.
    you don't see the benefits of having Will of the Forsaken in pvp? do you know what happens in pvp? a whole lot of CC...a whole lotta priests trying to get that pesky rogue off their ass and warlocks are FotM now so yeah...

OT: Will of the forsaken IS actually a lil less attractive now because of the brief sharing of cd with pvp trinkets. Goblin rocket jump can be extremely useful in escapes or even gap closing. i've heard alot about other rogues getting pissed at goblins rocket jumping out of their smoke bomb when they're trying to seal a kill. and in bgs it always helps to be the little hard to target guy in a crowd. I personally play female blood elf because they have the sexiest stealth animations in my opinion and having an extra interrupt is of course extremely useful when trying to finish off a caster + the energy regain...so you get the interrupt and energy to pull off an extra ambush or eviscerate or backstab

your right I don't see the benefit of Will of the Forsaken as it shares a CD with the trinket but isn't equal to a trinket. Before you start running your mouth even more then you already have please go read the change to Will of the Forsaken that took place a while back. Cause that racial is useless cause it still requires you to have a trinket and shares a CD.
    Last edited by Rascal; 2011-05-01 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaostorch View Post
    you don't see the benefits of having Will of the Forsaken in pvp? do you know what happens in pvp? a whole lot of CC...a whole lotta priests trying to get that pesky rogue off their ass and warlocks are FotM now so yeah...

OT: Will of the forsaken IS actually a lil less attractive now because of the brief sharing of cd with pvp trinkets. Goblin rocket jump can be extremely useful in escapes or even gap closing. i've heard alot about other rogues getting pissed at goblins rocket jumping out of their smoke bomb when they're trying to seal a kill. and in bgs it always helps to be the little hard to target guy in a crowd. I personally play female blood elf because they have the sexiest stealth animations in my opinion and having an extra interrupt is of course extremely useful when trying to finish off a caster + the energy regain...so you get the interrupt and energy to pull off an extra ambush or eviscerate or backstab
    have ADD or did the big paragraph turn you off of reading the rest of my post?

So let me get this straight you called me a moron essentially at the start and claimed I don't know about PvP or CC cause I said it was a useless racial due to its being on cd with the trinket then you say "on topic" it sucks? Sorry for my confusion I just didn't know which of the two you actually ment
    Last edited by Rascal; 2011-05-01 at 02:29 AM.

So let me get this straight you called me a moron essentially at the start and claimed I don't know about PvP or CC cause I said it was a useless racial due to its being on cd with the trinket then you say "on topic" it sucks? Sorry for my confusion I just didn't know which of the two you actually ment
    i never called you a moron, you seemed to come up with that on your own. i still don't believe the racial sucks. i said it was A LIL LESS ATTRACTIVE...not useless, just not as wonderful as it used to be. the ability to use WotF to break fear instead of wasting your trinket on it can still prove very useful if you're caught in a stun or cyclone or freeze later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the benefit of UD rogue for pvp
    Best animations.

I am not going to keep this going cause its going no where. Just going to say this one last thing all fears except warrior can be dispelled so if your making the arguement that its a good racial to account for that one fear while adding a 45 sec cd to a trinket I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mines Undead just because it looks badass and I can munch on people in BG's for quick health xP

Blood Elfs, Orcs, Goblins, Trolls...really anything is viable, just depends on what your preference is. Go to Wowpedia and check out the different racials to see what you really like.

Arcane Torrent is game breaking.

Deleted
    Play alliance like a real rogue.