Thread: FPS in RIFT

FPS in RIFT

What FPS should i expect in RIFT on a:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz (Dual core)
    4 GB of RAM
    EVGA GTX 260 with 898 MB

Please let me know.. Thnx

Deleted
    On low maybe 20-25 maybe 30-35 in less busy places, On higher 12-15. On Ultra It would be stop motion

u serious? that bad?? WHat's the max anyone pulled that game?

Deleted
    Thats not bad FPS for an old PC.

Deleted
    I don't know if things have changed since I played, But IMO a game like Rift whose main selling point was that it offered These fantastic Dynamic Graphics detailed models and effects - So running it on low is just pointless..

I have a AMD Black Edition - AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz Processor running at 3.8
    8G ram
    And Sapphire Ati Radeon HD 5870 - 1GB

I tried on Ultra for a while it was ok, I had shadows turned off though...It would run at around 55 than drop to about 30 and sometime lowers
    when things got very busy,

But I think there was a driver issue with ATI and Rift ( as Nvidia is one of the rift Cash cows ) so Nvidia cards seem to cope better, this might have changed
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-05-02 at 10:56 AM.

thought 20-25 was pretty bad for any game....... And yeah it is an old PC but I'd hope I could at least pull a steady 35-45 with decent custom settings and not lose too much video performance.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a 3 year old system i drop down to less then 10 at times and i can still play with a shit load of people near me. FPS is often misused benchmark, if the game doesn't stutter and still looks good FPS doesn't really matter.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

RIFT is pretty demanding if you want any decent setting. The game looks like shit without AA, and even with 2x AA you will get at least a 20+ FPS drop.