Page 43 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Hehe, that is pretty nice!

What other kind of K/Jpop/etc do you listen to?
    Nothing in particular actually, but its just the way I listen to music I guess. I VERY rarely focus on a single group, SNSD is one of the two exceptions ( the other one not being Kpop - Pendulum ). Usually I just hear a song, put it in my playlist, listen to it a lot of times and then go on to another song. The day I relisten to all those I left is a glorious day

These songs can come from a variety of sources so I really listen to pretty much everything, but I can't name anything from Kpop just as I can't name more than half the songs in "my playlist" ^^ The only thing I can tell you and be 100% sure is that I listen to Kpop but didn't heard a single song of Jpop ( except if you count in SNSD's Japanese songs").

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    Nothing in particular actually, but its just the way I listen to music I guess. I VERY rarely focus on a single group, SNSD is one of the two exceptions ( the other one not being Kpop - Pendulum ). Usually I just hear a song, put it in my playlist, listen to it a lot of times and then go on to another song. The day I relisten to all those I left is a glorious day

These songs can come from a variety of sources so I really listen to pretty much everything, but I can't name anything from Kpop just as I can't name more than half the songs in "my playlist" ^^ The only thing I can tell you and be 100% sure is that I listen to Kpop but didn't heard a single song of Jpop ( except if you count in SNSD's Japanese songs").
    Oh my, I am not really like that but I do occasionally, listen to one song, a lot of times, then stop for a long time, when I get back to it, all the nostalgia of listening to it before comes to me and it's a good feeling! So yeah, I agree with you on that.

If you haven't heard Jpop then listen to Ayumi Hamasaki, just go to YouTube and listen to a few, her music is pretty good, she was/is considered the Jpop Queen and her songs are kinda like America's pop, more less. It depends but give it a try though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Should give J-pop a go, I prefer it to kpop myself so I obviously recommend it.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Perfume are my two favourites. Perfume is more typical pop while Kyary is very unusual stuff.
    I still don't know if I prefer Jpop or Kpop, but one thing is for sure, I listen to Kpo a lot more than Jpop...

But Jpop I listen to though, is good and I enjoy it, the ones I can remember now are Perfume, that I listen to quite often and Ayumi, but I haven't heard her for a while though.. I need to make a playlist on Grooveshark or YouTube.

And what Muz said, listen to more Jpop if you can, there's a lot of good stuff out there too, though I really don't know much about it so I won't be of much help in that part.

Should give J-pop a go, I prefer it to kpop myself so I obviously recommend it.

Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and Perfume are my two favourites. Perfume is more typical pop while Kyary is very unusual stuff.
    Sure I can give it a try, though I'm bit more familiar with Korean stuff now, I love the culture and I'm learning the language so I guess it's why I never checked Jpop, but I'll check what you mentioned

Deleted
    Sure I can give it a try, though I'm bit more familiar with Korean stuff now, I love the culture and I'm learning the language so I guess it's why I never checked Jpop, but I'll check what you mentioned
    Oh, neat!

Anakso and Meari, I think, are also learning Korean or Mandarin, I can't remember that now though. xD

Oh, neat!

Anakso and Meari, I think, are also learning Korean or Mandarin, I can't remember that now though. xD
    Heh the language sounds really nice and it feels good to understand a phrase every now and then when listening to the songs ^^ If they are learning it, they should send me a message cause practicing a language is the best way to learn it

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread suddenly became very active while I was eating D:

Especially me, hence me having more than 600 posts of difference from the person on "top 2"(see here).
    Hoooly shit, that's a lot of posts! o.O KPOPKPOPLALAWHATIWRITEISTOTALLYRELEVANTTOTHETHREAD
    We usually don't, but I do! I always try to post every time, but I fail a lot. XD I truly do, rofl, but most people don't really care, it's not that I care but it's just fun and it keeps the thread moving and that. Yes! PvM is like a chat thread, I think it's been like that for 2 threads now(not including this new one).

Also, you don't really need to post if you don't want to, really, and also, everyone here is your friend, me included, even that noob Muz! And yeah, I understand the discussion part, some times we don't even discuss much on PvM and it's just chit chat, still good though.
    I understand that the game is just for fun, and that's it's nothing serious. I just wanted to point it out! ^^
    Indeed, that's how Gen OT is, a bit, people discuss but aren't really open minded about things and in the end, some, result to insults, kinda sucks tbh.
    I was actually talking about discussions on the internet as a whole, not just Gen OT here on mmo-c ^^ But yeah, it annoys me to no end when people who are so close minded, or ignorant, choose to participate in discussions. It's not even a discussion then, it's just people ignoring each other while stating their opinion over and over. >_< KPOPKPOPLALAWHATIWRITEISTOTALLYRELEVANTTOTHETHREAD
    Well I was browsing my way through the internet and I was seeing more and more Gangnam Syle gifs but had no idea what it was so I googled it and found the video. At that time it had like 20 mil views and I thought them Koreans are funny So I wanted to see what other korean song sound like, googled "most watched kpop vid", it was Gee and that's how I found out about it
    Gangnam Style getting big internationally truly is wonderful, making more people aware of kpop!
    Is it just Gangnam Style where you don't like her? I like Hyuna's other stuff too (Bubble Pop <3)
    While the question wasn't aimed at me I'd just like to say that I really like her new album, but apart from Bubble Pop I didn't really like her older stuff. 4minute have some goods songs as well.

also @Badhairday - Most of the off topic chats are fine, I'd say chat thread was the only real strange one. You should just drop in occasionally. I don't post in them often (though I do read everything) but they're still fun to take part in
    Maybe I will, maybe I will...!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    That's my "exciting" story!
    Woah, take it easy. I'm in shock!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    KPOPKPOPLALAWHATIWRITEISTOTALLYRELEVANTTOTHETHREAD
    I agree with everything, Badhairday, especially the quote above!

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with everything, Badhairday, especially the quote above!
    Hehe, we were getting quite offtopic.. but that quote set everything straight! That's the rules, I promise.

Woah, woah, woah, apparently SNSD's new album is coming out January FIRST. Goddamnit SM, I just threw my entire wallet at you for Girls & Peace, I can't afford I Got A Boy so soon. At least hold back the album until late january -__-
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-12-22 at 02:13 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    So much to comment on!

Okay first how I got into Kpop/Jpop
    Like Badhairday I had listened to some Jpop because of Anime
    This was the first song I liked enough to download and put on my ipod. I never looked up any J-pop I hadn't heard in anime though, I also listened to some Gackt because a friend liked it but I only listened to Gackt, never tried any other J-rock apart from him either and didn't even know about K-pop.

How I actually got into K-pop/J-pop properly might be quite unique xD
    I listened to this song, during the time where I was really into parody songs and liked it a lot so looked up the original, the original of course being run devil run by girls' generation, and it kind of spiralled out from there
    In my K-pop searches I found I'd actually previously heard two K-pop songs years before, but dismissed them, and also didn't know it was K-pop. Those songs being Lollipop by 2NE1 and Bigbang, and Haru haru by Bigbang. At first my favourite group was actually 2NE1, but then later obviously changed to SNSD

On to other things.
    I HATED Mercy by Duffy and although this new SNSD song is different and 100x better, it still reminds me of Mercy so I can't really like it that much The MV is nice but I just don't like the tune and it reminds me of Duffys annoying winy voice. The teaser at the end of the MV got me SUPER excited.

As for Hyuna. I didn't like her in Oppa you're my style either. What they did to her voice was so stupid! Change is a REALLY good song though, so is Trouble maker. Icecreams good and bubble pop is quite good too, but mostly I love her in 4minute! 4minute are one of my favourite groups after SNSD Honestly if you want to hear some amazing 4minute songs though, listen to their albums and not just their singles. Songs like Funny or I'm ok or bababa are amazing

As for K-pop in PvM, Majad I try to take part in discussion not about K-pop as much as possible since some people don't like the K-pop talk but a lot of the people that don't like K-pop talk don't seem to really bring up new topics! It's annoying

I'm learning Korean, very very very slowly. Why would I learn mandarin! I only like a handful of mando songs! Not a big fan of the way their language sounds.

And to finish, the song over this isn't K-pop but it's really awesome and the video is good xD
    Oh Taeyeon! hehe.
    Last edited by Anakso; 2012-12-22 at 09:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, SNSD came out with a new song while I was in Japan?! WHAT IS THIS!

I got so much K-Pop swag while in Japan xD. Girls & Peace II, So Cool Album, Wonder Girls Complete Best, SNSD Calender, even an EDM K-Pop remix CD! Maybe I'll post a pic of it all later :3

10+ Year Old Account
    You went to Japan!
    Nice
    Yea post pictures!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Okay first how I got into Kpop/Jpop
    Like Badhairday I had listened to some Jpop because of Anime
    This was the first song I liked enough to download and put on my ipod. I never looked up any J-pop I hadn't heard in anime though, I also listened to some Gackt because a friend liked it but I only listened to Gackt, never tried any other J-rock apart from him either and didn't even know about K-pop.

How I actually got into K-pop/J-pop properly might be quite unique xD
    I listened to this song, during the time where I was really into parody songs and liked it a lot so looked up the original, the original of course being run devil run by girls' generation, and it kind of spiralled out from there
    In my K-pop searches I found I'd actually previously heard two K-pop songs years before, but dismissed them, and also didn't know it was K-pop. Those songs being Lollipop by 2NE1 and Bigbang, and Haru haru by Bigbang. At first my favourite group was actually 2NE1, but then later obviously changed to SNSD
    That's quite the unique story indeed! I've listened to quite a lot of parody songs, but this one I've never heard, even if I've listened to pretty much everyone taking part it in! I only listen to 2-3 songs with Gackt but those are amazing. Especially Speed Master.
    On to other things.
    I HATED Mercy by Duffy and although this new SNSD song is different and 100x better, it still reminds me of Mercy so I can't really like it that much The MV is nice but I just don't like the tune and it reminds me of Duffys annoying winy voice. The teaser at the end of the MV got me SUPER excited.
    I'm not alone! I really like the MV, but damn it keeps reminding me of Duffy all the time, and her voice really is annoying. Doesn't help that some family members used to adore her and have her songs on repeat forever. Obviously just makes me dislike her more! >_<

Oh Taeyeon! hehe.
    She looks adorable at 0:43!

@Kurdiern I'm so jealous! D: So much kpop swag indeed, do post pics!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    As for K-pop in PvM, Majad I try to take part in discussion not about K-pop as much as possible since some people don't like the K-pop talk but a lot of the people that don't like K-pop talk don't seem to really bring up new topics! It's annoying
    Yeah, well, that is true and it's not your/our fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Oh my, SNSD came out with a new song while I was in Japan?! WHAT IS THIS!

I got so much K-Pop swag while in Japan xD. Girls & Peace II, So Cool Album, Wonder Girls Complete Best, SNSD Calender, even an EDM K-Pop remix CD! Maybe I'll post a pic of it all later :3
    Omg. You went to Japan?!

I want that too!

How was it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, well, that is true and it's not your/our fault.

Omg. You went to Japan?!

I want that too!

How was it?
    It was awesome, went for a week as part of a joint university project with Yokohama National University. I'll do a SWAG pic later tomorrow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    It was awesome, went for a week as part of a joint university project with Yokohama National University. I'll do a SWAG pic later tomorrow
    Haha, neat! I'm glad you had fun!

Hehe, do show us.

10+ Year Old Account
    and I thought English spoken music was bad today, this stuff is terrible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    and I thought English spoken music was bad today, this stuff is terrible.
    How much have you listened to before?

If you tell me" ONLY GANGNAM STYLE; YEAH EVERY KPOP SUCKS", I'm going to burst my bubble then.

10+ Year Old Account
    How much have you listened to before?

If you tell me" ONLY GANGNAM STYLE; YEAH EVERY KPOP SUCKS", I'm going to burst my bubble then.
    I listened to some songs in this thread and yes I've heard gangnam style, which is better than anything I have heard in this thread. The one good thing about these videos, is the hot girls, very hot girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I listened to some songs in this thread and yes I've heard gangnam style, which is better than anything I have heard in this thread. The one good thing about these videos, is the hot girls, very hot girls.
    Tbh, Gangnam style is probably the worst of all the songs on this thread, I find it hard to believe you preferred that over singers like Ayumi Hamasaki, SNSD, Perfume, 4minute, etc etc.

Most of J/Kpop is kinda electronic/dubstepy than exactly pop, so I guess it's normal, not many people like that genre, then there's the language they don't understand too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, Gangnam style is probably the worst of all the songs on this thread, I find it hard to believe you preferred that over singers like Ayumi Hamasaki, SNSD, Perfume, 4minute, etc etc.

Most of J/Kpop is kinda electronic/dubstepy than exactly pop, so I guess it's normal, not many people like that genre, then there's the language they don't understand too.
    Well dubstep is one of the worst genre out there and why would you want to listen to music when you don't even understand the lyrics?