Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

4th talent tree?

What do you think the possibility of the next expansion having a "4th spec" for every class?
    I think its possible, though I doubt it, what are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    If shamans had a 4th talent tree that became a tanking tree, I would be so incredibly down <3
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

Deleted
    would be wierd to see what they could possibly add for druids, shamans and paladins. but id like to see it but i don't see it happening

Deleted
    It's possible and there could be even some good ideas but I think its not gonna happen cuz now its more or less balanced and with 4th talent tree balance would die.But I would love to see some warrior ranged dps (throw weapons like barbarian) or mage "nether" magic (Black hole etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it'd be a neat idea, maby giving every class a sort of lore based spec. Druids gets Archdruid, Mages get Battlemages, Warlocks get Necromancers, Hunters or Rogues could get Demonhunter.
    I seriously have no idea how they would be implemented though, as I'm not a lore genius so some of these might just be stupid suggestions.

But all in all I like the idea of a 4th spec. :3
    whatever man

Deleted
    dont think it will ever happen, unless that would be a pvp only spec. Would be far to much unbalance to the game

Deleted
    Just give me a tree where I can dps using a polearm/staff as a warrior... I'd be happy with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel this is unlikely. The balancing would be a massive undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    What do you think the possibility of the next expansion having a "4th spec" for every class?
    Not going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    never going to happen. its not even a possibility
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I feel this is unlikely. The balancing would be a massive undertaking.
    I have to agree with jaxi. Bliz has enough trouble balancing 30 specs now. Adding another 10 would just make it that much harder and I doubt they would do it.

Who is John Galt?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    never going to happen. its not even a possibility
    I think I'll have to agree with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feefel View Post
    I think it'd be a neat idea, maby giving every class a sort of lore based spec. Druids gets Archdruid, Mages get Battlemages, Warlocks get Necromancers, Hunters or Rogues could get Demonhunter.
    I seriously have no idea how they would be implemented though, as I'm not a lore genius so some of these might just be stupid suggestions.

But all in all I like the idea of a 4th spec. :3
    Haha, yeah.
    I think its a cool idea, I mean your basically adding a whole new experience to the game.

I could see if if they made the 4th tree dedicated for pvp, for all classes. Add something like -30% damage from players as one of the spec bonuses just to make it clear to everyone.

Would make balancing a lot easier if there was only 10 viable pvp specs instead of 30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laskahond View Post
    would be wierd to see what they could possibly add for druids, shamans and paladins. but id like to see it but i don't see it happening
    I had this idea before. And posted about it. And got told no.

Druids could have cat and bear seperated. Pallies could have ranged spellcasting (flinging the light), shamans could tank (again?).

All DPS only classes would get a tank or heal spec. Hunters could merge with animals and Locks could merge with demons (permanant demon form) to tank. Mages could use arcane to heal. Rogues could be like a medic, a melee ranged healer with excellent movement.

Warriors could get a ranged spec (a ranger-like, no pet), DK's somethign similar (or heal by sucking life, a drain tank kind of thing). And preists could get the melee-damaging monk style.

It would open up the game and let people fill more roles while playing the class they love. I love tanking, but I still like my hunter and shaman.

Thank you zomgname for the signature and avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much work. The expansion would have to cost $150 plus a subscription raise to $25 bi-weekly before blizzard would consider that kind of undertaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would cost blizz money,so they won't add more trees

dk was hard to implement, they are most likely not implementing an 11th class into the game becuase balancing is a nightmare but somehow you imagine 10 new talent trees (thats 3 classes) a possibility.

no

(although monk as priest tankspec would own, but they could get rid of the disctree for that)

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    Pretty sure they're going to confirm this at Blizzcon. At least I'm hoping. If not, I'm quitting the game. I've been waiting for Nintendogs Online anyway. Hell, they have voiced quest givers.

Ppl are bashing for a third talent spec or tri spec and you want a 4th talent tree? ...

Lets just delete al trees and make 12 different and random weapon procs ..

hmm not a bad idea
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara