Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Maybe that's what they will do.
    I still think it's gonna be Jamie that kills Cersei.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Can I just say that I called it? I knew that if the NK died in episode 3, it would be due to plot-induced stupidity. Because he just had to do the anime villain cliché of taking 20 years to kill his mortal nemesis.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    I feel the episode was very entertaning, but man, what at let down in terms of the NK..
    Like, you know nothing of his motives/history with Brann, and he dies so easily without any fuss.
    I mean, there's still 4 episodes left, so we might get more story behind it, but still.
    And also, in the courtyard you have all the main characters with a circle of undead around them, without a scratch. The plot armor was a little too thick for my liking..
    But overall, still a very good episode!
    Unfortunately, there's only 6 episodes total this season so only 3 episodes left, and you can count off 2 episodes right away because next episode will be a setup for War against Cersei and her army and following episode will be the fight itself.

Honestly with all the causalities their army had, I don't know if they stand a chance against Cersei. They lost pretty much whole Dothraki army, huge chunk of Unsullied(or whatever it's pronounced), it seems like they lost another dragon (could be just severely injured, the one Jon was riding) and crap load of northern men army.

Personally I really liked all the action and it was like first time in my life that when I was watching a battle (while LOTR war was more epic, it didn't feel like everything is lost as much as it did in this fight), I felt despair and pretty much didn't see any hope for defenders, was just hoping a little more fight from NK himself, maybe a 1v1 with Jon but on the other hand, I'm glad that NK didn't care for Jon, he had his goal (purpose?) and he went for it. No honor fight, nothing personal, just sheer death and destruction.

I wonder if Arya will kill NK in books as well, since her prophecy was from like very early seasons which were based on books (the one with eyes), and apparently Cersei has green eyes so I wonder if she was one of them? Even tho Cersei is supposed to be killed by her brother, maybe Bron will kill either Jaime or Tyrion, Arya will make mask to get to Cersei and kill her (kinda doubt about this). I saw some pictures saying that green eyes was Waif but she's too insignificant to be part of it imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hynx View Post
    part of it was the fact that he was stopped at Winterfell, the other part is that there was zero white walker action, except minor night king stuff, very minor. why were they even there? what was the point of Crastor's males being taken at all, if they played zero role for the tv show? And why did they go with the "kill the head vampire" trope to stop not only the wights, but also the other white walker's themselves. If anything the other "others" should have still existed after the night king's end IMO. and the wights raised by the other Others, still persist. but thats my opinion. The other White walker's maybe dont simply continue the fight, because the plan is over and done and stopped, but 1 or two should have survived and potentially start the whole cycle over, millenia later. We dont even knwo why the Night King went south in the first place, the show made assumptions, but there never is a definitive reason. and that irked me.
    On second thought, I think the reason they did what they did is because they do not plan, or had agreed long ago to not have the same ending as the book that isn't finished. RR Martin likely gave them ideas or non ideas, but it's obvious he hasn't finished the book because it would sell a lot more if it ended or continued differently than the show.

Basically, those answers are only meant for the book perhaps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    On second thought, I think the reason they did what they did is because they do not plan, or had agreed long ago to not have the same ending as the book that isn't finished. RR Martin likely gave them ideas or non ideas, but it's obvious he hasn't finished the book because it would sell a lot more if it ended or continued differently than the show.
    But we all know there won't be any more books...

If he wanted to publish them, he would have done it already. The man is old, rich and the TV show surpassed his books in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Yes you are blatantly ignoring things, I didn't care that it was Arya, or that other people have a different opinion than me. I care about it being lazy writing and very poor sendoff for a threat that has been built up since the very first scene of the very first episode.

Whatever, some people will defend their favourite show until their dying breath ignoring any flaws or criticism.
    Lazy writing??? this excuse gets over played!

It was an amazing episode, and i found it to be extreamly well written, it was all about the battle, thats why there was so little dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Water dancing is all about being basically a martial rogue. You know, basic agility stuff.
    Ok, so just like all the other fanfic children you’ll simply ignore what we actually see on the show and just assume she now has these magical abilities than neither she nor anyone else on the show has exhibited before. Great.

I suppose the next episode will be super short since all they have to do is give Arya a knife and have her poof behind Cersei who will certainly not be as well guarded as the NK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Ok, so just like all the other fanfic children you’ll simply ignore what we actually see on the show and just assume she now has these magical abilities than neither she nor anyone else on the show has exhibited before. Great.

I suppose the next episode will be super short since all they have to do is give Arya a knife and have her poof behind Cersei who will certainly not be as well guarded as the NK.
    Let me ask... Littlefingers Jetpack. Opinions?
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miake View Post
    Lazy writing??? this excuse gets over played!

It was an amazing episode, and i found it to be extreamly well written, it was all about the battle, thats why there was so little dialogue.
    What does the lack of dialogue have to do with the writing quality? We aren't talking about the dialogue writing but the overall writing. How the entire thing unfolded. it was utter shit.

It was a tense and breathtaking battle, but its obvious they are just wrapping up the story, it was extremely underwhelming story wise, so thread of white walkers is just all over? Guess only in books we will be learning the real story

that, was, a huge lol
    I wasted 8 seasons of my life watching this garbage
    this series died with Joffrey and Ramsey.

What if they took "There must always be a Night King" route? Would that twist be satisfying?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    What if they took "There must always be a Night King" route? Would that twist be satisfying?
    Bran still have his mark... Maybe it was the NK plan. Maybe in the last episode Brans eyes turn blue and he wanders off into the north

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    that, was, a huge lol
    I wasted 8 seasons of my life watching this garbage
    this series died with Joffrey and Ramsey.
    Joffrey and Ramsey were boring black and white lotr shittier character

I found the way Arya killed the Night King believable. She was trained by the world's greatest stealth assassins. Her abilities were perfectly suited to pull off a moment like that.

I also don't think the Night King is someone you can take in a fair fight. If Jon did manage to make it to him, he would probably be dead in seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    I found the way Arya killed the Night King believable. She was trained by the world's greatest stealth assassins. Her abilities were perfectly suited to pull off a moment like that.

I also don't think the Night King is someone you can take in a fair fight. If Jon did manage to make it to him, he would probably be dead in seconds.
    Yeah screaming while jumping from god knows where is so stealthy... She could have posed as one of the corpses around Bran and wait for the night king to reach out for him to kill him and then stab him from below... that would have been stealthy. Jumping at someone while screaming is not stealthy.

I'm not sure what people wanted for the ending of the NK. A big epic duel between him and Jon? They showed that would make no sense. NK had shit to do and had way more power than Jon so why waste time fighting him when he could just raise all the dead and let them deal with it. Burned to death by a dragon? They showed that, didn't work (Although it was a fantastic moment). Plot armour the whole living army and have them beat the dead before all converging on the NK and white walkers? That would just be silly.

Yes there are loads of ideas but personally I think Arya killing him was just right. It wasn't expected by most people, they foreshadowed it a lot in previous episodes and even gave a reminder in this episode of how stealthy and silently she can move. Granted I'm not entirely sure where she came from? Did she sneak up? Did she drop out the tree? Who knows but I'm glad we don't know because showing her approach would have totally ruined the surprise. So it was a choice between show the approach or show the surprise and personally I liked the "Oh shit where did she come from?" moment.

Also I like that they went against the usual GoT "anyone can die at any moment" thing, at least for that part with Arya specifically. I was fully expecting her to die when the NK caught her because the show has trained me to expect that. So when she dropped the dagger and killed him I was genuinely surprised and shocked which I think is exactly how the NK should have died. It may have been a quick death but that was still after his army massacred nearly everyone and I can't think of a good way to draw out his death which wouldn't have either been cliched or predictable.

Overall, I loved the episode and loved the ending of the NK. It sets up things well for the last 3 episodes, we don't know what state the army is in, we don't know what will happen with Cersei, we don't know what will happen between Dany and Jon. There is still a hell of a lot to get through. The only thing I do want to find out more about with regards to the NK is his connection with Bran and why he came for him and could see him to mark him in the past.

Is it stated anywhere that there is only ONE Night King in the entire world? What if a pack of white walkers who stayed north were left unaffected by the NK's death and a new Night King rose to power? That could be a very interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. She was too quick.
    If you can catch a cat, you can catch a Night King.

Arya killing him was obvious after how she went off running from that main hall, that wasnt the problem.

My problem was, WHO THE FUCK THOUGHT OF SUCH A TERRIBLE BATTLE PLAN, and since when a fucking dragon once more forgets to breathe fire when its getting attacked, combined with forgetting how to fly off for a good plot hole of time first.

Very obvious terrible plot hole inconsistencies is what i cant stand and this episode had me throwing my wallet to the screen to increase the budget of the screen writing.