You guys are trying to make GoT into a generic fantasy movie where there's cliches and predictable outcomes . Everyone wanted jon vs nk , some hoped for the red lady to come with an army when the shit hit the fan a la gandalf , a climactic fight .

This is GoT who killed the presummed "main character " Ned in the first season , in which you had no idea who was going to die or do what at any point ( appart from the book readers) well guess what? This ending shit as it is for most of you is just up their alley , unpredictable and instant , just like the red wedding was leaving me with ...."well that happened!" . So yeah for me the weird end to the NK fits game of thrones' randomness and idea that anything can happen and what does happen doesn't necesarily have to be amazing and showy

Also dany and jon must have a strong grip , those dragons were for sure pulling in some G forces with all those twists and turns not to mention ramming into eachother at full speed by accident and they still hold on ( someone needs to make that meme with the black and white muscle arms holding hands together lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I agree with @potis I'm actually glad that someone like Arya did it, I think Jon Snow vs Night Derpling would have been a little... cliché?
    Would had been cliche? yes.
    Now that Arya took the kill the whole North plot in GoT feels empty and anticlimactic.
    I rather would had seen a John Snow vs Night King and John being killed and then Arya stepping in then this.

Also WTF did Brann do all of this episode... If he was just chilling in the past thinking of happy memories then he deserves to die!!

This was spot on. The series has been going downhill since there were no more books to support it, I thought it couldn't get worse than immortal Arya running around the city with her belly open or the suicide mission north(which was the worst episode until the battle for winterfell).

This show has become food for cattle, plot armor on top of plot armor.

IDK to me the climax was the undead.... it just feels now that "the winter has passed" we are back to season 1 shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But.........that's what I'm saying. Up until a couple episodes ago, there's no indication she can move silently. It isn't part of the skillset of the Faceless Men, as far as anyone knows.

This, coupled with the "modus operandi" of the Faceless Men, who often simply wore a face and walked in the front door, is suggestive that that's not how the training of the FM goes. Their goal is to hide in plain sight, not sneak up on people.

And, as a book reader, there's no indication that her training is ninja-esque in any way either. She sweeps some floors, works in the fish market, tends to the dying who come to the House of Black and White, and plays her stick game.
    I don't think you have any clue about how the Faceless Men worked. Just because you got a handful of scenes that stretch out over an extended period doesn't mean you can sit there and say "it didn't happen in what we saw", not when this isn't a fucking radical concept for what an assassin is. If I have to compose like over three replies to you that all say essentially the same thing: trained assassin's being able to move silently on a target is not a hard or new concept to grasp, then you're either being willfully ignorant or just simply are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    IDK to me the climax was the undead.... it just feels now that "the winter has passed" we are back to season 1 shenanigans
    Which is a good thing, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Also WTF did Brann do all of this episode... If he was just chilling in the past thinking of happy memories then he deserves to die!!
    He was high on drugs more than usual
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

The Night King was the embodiement of Death, you cannot truly kill Death. I won't believe that the Night King is gone for good until the season ends, or I see Bran's arm and the mark is gone.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Yeah, last night was the finale. We are in the epilogue now for three long and probably boring episodes. The iron throne is old news. I am going to keep holding out hope that maybe something cool will still happen but it's pretty clear that the showrunners D&D are phoning it in hardcore this season; they just want it to end.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The Night King was the embodiement of Death, you cannot truly kill Death. I won't believe that the Night King is gone for good until the season ends, or I see Bran's arm and the mark is gone.
    He's probably gone for good. A little lackluster though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    Bcs all the facless man ever have done was fucking wear the face of people to kill their targets ffs. Is that really that hard to understand, they´re just good at impersonating not some super powered physical gods.
    Explain to me again how Arya's very first mission involved her wearing another face? Or how all that combat training with a stick had anything to do with wearing another face? It seems pretty silly to me to, instead of assuming they have multiple ways of killing their targets since you know they're the best in the world at it, instead assume they only are able to kill people by wearing a face.

Mark my words, the Long Night will decimate whatever is left of the Seven Kingdoms. When Cersei is defeated, whoever wins the Throne will be ruling over a frozen wasteland. Remember Bran's vision from season 4 of a frozen and abandoned King's Landing? Winter will prevail, and the Night King will have the last laugh.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    why not just hit him with a dragonglass arrow at a safe distance?
    You people should really watch the inside the episodes that go along with these episodes. One of the writer's explained that in order to kill him it had to be valyrian steel to the same spot the children of the forest impaled him with dragonglass to un-make him. So whoever did it, ultimately, was going to need to get in close. Quite obviously he made that difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Yeah, last night was the finale. We are in the epilogue now for three long and probably boring episodes. The iron throne is old news. I am going to keep holding out hope that maybe something cool will still happen but it's pretty clear that the showrunners D&D are phoning it in hardcore this season; they just want it to end.
    Episode 5 is definitely a battle episode as it's directed by Miguel Sapochnik.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... the whole story about Azor Ahai and Lightbringer was simply ignored. I feel like the whole chapter about Stannis (and Melissandre) is meaningless?

I have so many questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    He's probably gone for good. A little lackluster though.
    Make you wonder why the undead slept thousands of years before they made their move against the living...
    Did the Night King some day wake up and told himself. YES today is the day to be evil hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    That couldn't be further from the truth. It didn't become famous for doing quick, unexpected things, it became famous for not using shitty storytelling devices like deus ex machina and plot armors. Which this episode is littered with.

Also it did a lot of other things right, but this is focusing on what you mistakenly call "quick unexpected things"
    Actually I'd say it's far closer to the truth than anything in your response. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't point to Ned's execution (after seemingly securing a way out of it by Sansa), or the Red Wedding (which if you're not a book reader, as many people aren't, was a totally unexpected affair at least at the moment it happened). Both of these scenes have kind of sat over the entire series as to how the show will tend to lead you one way (like most people assuming it would be Jon to face down the NK) and then doing another.

Who also think that frontal Charging with light cavalry on an overwhelming mob of indestructible monsters was the best strategic choice ??Anyone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Who also think that frontal Charging with light cavalry on an overwhelming mob of indestructible monsters was the best strategic choice ??Anyone?
    Ask some Polish general.

They really didn't do that though, at least on a grand scale.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

All in all a strong episode, but off the top of my head the following things annoyed me.

Sam shouldn't be a live. The first time he went down was fine, but when Jon saw him fall onto the corpse pile with more dead going on top of him, that should have been game over.

No key character died in the crypts which was daft

The drothaki were essentially cannon fodder. I know they fight best on horse back and need that running distance but it was so stupid.

Greyworm has no right to be alive either. They more or less set everything up for him to have a heroic death with the unsullied covering everyones retreat. He was ahead of the unsullied at that point when the dead clashed into them again, then the next scene hes one of the first unsullied to to get back inside the keep.

the Arya in the hall scene was really good, but totally in the wrong episode. It made no real sense to have it, there wouldn't be a handful of dead walking around like that during the battle.

Dani landing the dragon after saving jons arse, then proceeding to just stare while more and more dead crawled onto the dragon was ridiculous. Shes always shown the upmost caution around her dragons, it should have been in the air instantly.

Theons scene was fantastic defending until he was literally the last man. His death was a complete let down. Lets face it he had 0 chance against the NK; but it would have been nice if he used a sword instead and exchanged a blow or two before going down / while he was charging, if the dead slowly closed ranks on him before he made it to the NK then got ripped apart.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My theory

Personally, I think the coming episodes we're going to see Dani fall (Possibly Arya) and Jon continue the battle. Jon will win thus getting the Iron throne. But, I can see Sansa poisoning Jon or stabbing him in an embrace to take the throne.

Now I know that seems far-fetched, but lets rewind a few seasons. She gets taken to Kings landing, where she goes from a near perfect life to essentially being a prisoner. Shes mentally abused through a range of different ways from rape threats from her to be husband, threats of death if she doesn't comply etc. When she thinks she might finally be safe she gets reminded she will just be joffery's side helping when ever he feels like it. She goes through this torture for essentially years all in the name of other people getting power.

When she does get rescued, it turns out shes essentially being sold to the Boltons where she does get raped multiple times and constant fears for her life once again. When she gets rescued from that <long winded story> it turns out little finger has been manipulating her the entire time for his own games, once again power. Once shes finally safe and gets some of that power for herself (Which I believe the greatest motivation for that is so shes nether helpless again) Jon returns and essentially he takes over despite titles. Once she makes her peace with that, he tosses it away in her eyes for a pair of tits. Now shes being told she has to fall in line and accept a ruler from across the sea.

She's been fucked over and betrayed by everyone in someway over the years every where shes gone. I'm telling you the girl is in one fucked up state, all she knows is abandonment and power plays. At the critical moment I'll wager she'll make her own play.