Quote Originally Posted by Heph47 View Post
    Regardless of how she managed to pull off the impressive kill (I haven't studied it like you have), it was a bit of a let down ending wasn't it
    It felt rushed imo, but it also seems like it was originally intended to be multiple episodes. It seems like they were originally going to end it at the scene where the NK and Walkers enter the archway to the Godswood as they played the same music from when the wall fell.

Edit: And it's at about minute 62.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2019-04-29 at 06:48 PM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’s impossible to be silent in snow. Live real life.
    No, it isnt, go hunting in Wisconsin sport.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Chelly
    The best left alive. The “best” commanders all died due to the Game of Thrones.
    Pretty much. I really miss Tywin.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Christ, it’s like talking to a brick wall...
    I agree, but not in the same way, I am thinking. Good day sir or ma'am.

Elves aren’t humans. Thanks for playing.
    We're comparing the fictional world of Westeros and fictional world of Middle Earth and comparing two people with abilities normal humans do not possess. Snow exists in both worlds; so i'll say again:

Tell that to Legolas as he silently approaches in the snow

How about the UP of Michigan kiddo? Go ahead and link a vid of people being silent as they sprint through fresh powder to prove your point. I’ll wait.
    I dont think she sprinted silently, nor did she need to. Her speed at that point was all she needed. She stealthed into sprint range. Whats so hard to grasp?

Id like to apologize for the condescending "sport" remarks. I got you confused with another poster who started in on those with me.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2019-04-29 at 06:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    It's like you whiners are reaching in the bottom of the barrel to try and justify one of the stupidest things to ever happen on television. Complete bull.
    So she can literally put the face on of a dead person and become that person but cant run past a few mindless undead.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    The /tv/ Jaime pasta would've been a 10/10 kino ending. We will never be lucky enough to watch Azor Jaime, the finest swordsman in Westeros™, kill the Night King, while feeling the weight of his personal struggles as Mark Addy's Robert Baratheon booms "KINGSLAYER!" in the background.
    While I've never been on the Jaime is Azor Ahai train, narratively, imagine if Jaime is the one retreating to the great Hall, and Melisandre is there. "You are a slayer of Kings, Ser Jaime. You killed Aerys Targaryen, for justice's sake. You killed Robert Baratheon, albeit indirectly, for love's sake. Now only the Night's King remains."

The Robert line is a bit weak and contrived, but I think you can massage that line to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimm View Post
    The one-shot trebuchets. Oh my god my sides. Front line Trebuchets hahahahah jesus christ what did I just watch.
    Holy shit, forgot about that part. The cavalary charge into pure darkness was bad enough, but the trebuchets take the cake. It's weird that the attack plan didn't have some charging archers backing those up /s.

As far as story goes, there's one interesting thing about the outcome of the battle. Daenerys has no army whatsoever. All the Dothraki pretty much commited mass suicide, the Unsullied got pretty much swallowed up. Realistically, she has one remaining dragon, the second one should be in a really bad shape after all those zombies. Plus half of her advisors are pretty much on the fence with her growing insanity and burning war prisoners. She is the queen of freaking nothing at this point, at least compared to who remains on both Cersei and Northern sides.

Can go two ways, either it's a very interesting scenario that will need to be resolved, or next episode the show will miraculously pull more troops for team Daenerys out of her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Heph47 View Post
    We're comparing the fictional world of Westeros and fictional world of Middle Earth
    none of which is relevant, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Yeah... this whole season has just been so... empty. I mean the show is still doing cool things with the CGI and such, but the writing seems basically non-existent, and there is no internal logic to any of it.

The Dothraki charge is a perfect example. There is literally no point to conducting it, it was a charge of light cavalry completely unsupported to start the battle. And apparently the plan was to lose all the unsullied as well, because for some reason they put their best infantry outside of all their defenses, and set the artillery in front of that! Why the hell was the artillery so far forward anyway? If they put it against the wall it could have been firing most of the battle, destroying wights behind the front line. Instead it shot once and was abandoned.

All of this is kind of irrelevant however, it seems like they never bothered to write the episode, and expected the CGI to carry it (Which, it kind of did, because that was the only redeeming part of the episode). Absolutely nothing unexpected or even interesting happened, other then 85% of the army got wiped out. Also the entire White Walker/Night's Watch/Wildling and Dothraki arcs just ended with no further development. Like why is the Night King immune to dragon fire? Nothing else was, and there was no reason to thing that he should be. He still died to dragonsteel, which is even weirder, since the whole reason it allegedly works is because it is associated with dragonfire (The books strongly imply it is made that way)
    Yeah, as someone who is a bit of a medieval military enthusiasm the tactics on display were just shameful. Not that the show has ever been perfect in this regard (Battle of the Bastards surround anyone), but the use of the troops outside the walls makes no fucking sense. Unsupported light cavalry charge? Check. Artillery in front of the infantry? Check. Undisciplined rabble of Wildlings fighting in front of the lockstep Unsullied? Check. Sacrificing your best, most fearless soldiers to cover the retreat of lesser ones? Check. And more besides. Tyrion listing all the battles that the characters collectively survived in the previous episode rings hollow when they go on to commit such rookie mistakes.

I get that spectacle must come before sense sometimes, but I don't think having the Dothraki come out of nowhere 30 minutes into the episode and leading a flanking charge on the mass of dead as arrows and dragonfire rain on them from above would have been less cool, and it would have made a helluva lot more sense. Have the Night King fry them in turn to show that the enemy has more than zombies at his disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Holy shit, forgot about that part. The cavalary charge into pure darkness was bad enough, but the trebuchets take the cake. It's weird that the attack plan didn't have some charging archers backing those up /s.

As far as story goes, there's one interesting thing about the outcome of the battle. Daenerys has no army whatsoever. All the Dothraki pretty much commited mass suicide, the Unsullied got pretty much swallowed up. Realistically, she has one remaining dragon, the second one should be in a really bad shape after all those zombies. Plus half of her advisors are pretty much on the fence with her growing insanity and burning war prisoners. She is the queen of freaking nothing at this point, at least compared to who remains on both Cersei and Northern sides.

Can go two ways, either it's a very interesting scenario that will need to be resolved, or next episode the show will miraculously pull more troops for team Daenerys out of her ass.
    Well they do show a bunch of Lords cheering Dany as she makes a toast in the preview, so my guess, in line with the writing the past few seasons, is that the Northmen will uncharacteristically just decide Dany is their Queen and they're totes ready to go die for her.
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post

I will be shocked if the north army is more than 2k strong. I would NOT be surprised if there is NOT another major conflict and some subterfuge is used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    After last night I think Danny is going get the throne any everything will be happy ever after. I have no faith in the show runners taking any risks after all those named characters just walked away from the battle.
    Extremely worried about this. The only hope I have is the quote that GRRM and D&D come together with the same story at the end.

No way GRRM ends his books like that. If he does then I did not know his writing style as well as I thought.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Well they do show a bunch of Lords cheering Dany as she makes a toast in the preview, so my guess, in line with the writing the past few seasons, is that the Northmen will uncharacteristically just decide Dany is their Queen and they're totes ready to go die for her.
    They aren't dying for her, but for themselves, Summer has come yet again and Cersei will come to kill them all. It's no longer a choice whether or not they want Daenerys.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    lol

The reply to Rian Johnson's tweet made me laugh https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/stat...30861097566208
    holycrap, that highlights how stupidly TLJ was written.
    the red guard LETS GO OF HER after she lets go of the lightsaber, she goes from being held from behind by him to being free and facing him in what the position of the lightsaber would indicate is as instantaneous as the shot's cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    See above...
    I get why people are mad they didn't outright show how she maneuvered around all the dead to reach the Night King, but the faceless men have been trained to silently move around/kill people with ease.

I don't think a task like this is out of her grasp. The faceless men are like rogues in WoW; Stealthy assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    They aren't dying for her, but for themselves, Summer has come yet again and Cersei will come to kill them all. It's no longer a choice whether or not they want Daenerys.
    Summer isn't here tho unless they decide to jump years between episodes. Just because the NK is dead doesn't mean winter stops existing. He was dormant for like 8000 years and Westeros still had winters.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    but the faceless men have been trained to silently move around/kill people with ease.
    you mean the same ones she fled prior to learning anything other then how to take faces?
    if you wanna try that excuse show where she learned to teleport, otherwise the "jump from tree" or "used the face of the wights she had to kill in the library to get into formation with the wights" are more valid then the "gotta go fast!' explanation so many are foolishly clinging onto.

after the NK moves forward you can see the WW return to shoulder-to-shoulder(as they're his body guards) with the wights in a ringed formation to prevent any attackers from getting to him since they operate via "sauron rules".
    she can't of gotten past them past that point, so it's more likely she got into formation with the wights and stifled her breathing, the WW reaction could of just been him noticing her in guise breaking formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    If she caught the NK by surprise in that area when he was alone in a calm moment, no one would be complaining. There are vastly different situations despite being in the same area.

Even regardless that, why not just SHOW her preparing to do it? Maybe getting help from others to distract the walkers and wights to have an opening?
    If they showed her preparing, that would take the surprise out of the episode. I wouldn't mind further explanation to how she accomplished those actions in a future episode, but to me, it feels like it's not too hard to guess how she went about it (using her faceless training to sneakily run through the opening the Night King left when he walked in).