Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    Just a few, but most of them are done by Dumb and Dumber.
    so you hated the first 7 seasons also?

Why watch it then?

Daenerys has always been on the verge of violence and cruelty. Her advisors kept her in check throughout the series and the admiration of the people. Once she lost the affection of the people (the North side with Jon, she states the people of King's Landing continue to choose Cersei) and she loses the love of advisors (Jorah and Missandei die, Tyrion and Varys betray her, Jon refuses to have a relationship with her), there is nothing left to keep her from going mad. She wants the entire city to suffer for her losses. I'm not sure why this would seem out of character to anyone; it's 100% her character. The story was just told too quickly and haphazardly; it's like the Killing Joke where Daenerys has one really bad day.

Arya and her unicorn with the plot armor at the end had me SMH though.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It’s because of the scene with Jon. He couldn’t love her so she chose fear. His comment and reaction broke the camels back... and burning a city and the people in it causes a lot of damn fear.

You should watch Alt Shift X on YouTube. He’s live discussing it.
    I can understand it without some sycophant justifying it. It makes zero sense because he DOES love her, he literally said it seconds before she tried to kiss him, he's just hesitating from showing physical affection to her because she's his fucking aunt and he's having some hang ups on that. If they love each other, they can work it out. It's fucking relationships 101 with an incest twist.

And it didn't break the camel's back. She was taking care to not do anything but fight soldiers/the Iron Fleet/the ballistas before that moment. She literally landed on the ramparts, HEARD the bells ringing, was close enough to see the Lannister men throw down their swords, and then flipped out.

D&D, who you told someone to watch to justify this bizarre behavior, explained this by saying she saw the Red Keep, this place her ancestors built 300 years ago, and everything that was taken from her, and just snapped and "decided to make it personal." Except she had literally just won the Red Keep. She had achieved her goals and her dreams.

But for reasons, she became a comic-book evil villain.

I cannot understand the levels people go to to defend this high school level storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Are there other writers than in the first 7 seasons?
    It is common that a writer writes an interesting beginning, but couldn't finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Jon said he loved her, yes. But she wanted the romantic love and his love at this point is for her as his queen, and he has clearly pulled back from that every time she's pressed since he found out his true parentage. How could you have missed that?
    I didn't miss it. He has a sexual hang-up about sleeping with his aunt. It's probably something to discuss in their relationship. It doesn't mean he doesn't love her. This is basic relationship stuff where you have to talk about your sexual proclivities after like a month of dating and sleeping together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Jon wasn’t in love with her. He loved her as his queen that’s why he pulled away and she said she chooses fear then.
    See above.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so you hated the first 7 seasons also?

Why watch it then?
    Where the fuck did I say I hated the first 7 seasons? I enjoyed them, except for this season where they decided to throw away everything.

Well, as expected, another garbage episode from the incompetent writers. But it was obvious, you can't fix shit writing on the last 2 episodes.

That was a profoundly disappointing episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    Where the fuck did I say I hated the first 7 seasons? I enjoyed them, except for this season where they decided to throw away everything.
    you kept blaming the guys that also did the first 7 seasons and said it's all their fault, so i assumed that in your eyes the first 7 seasons must be trash as well since it's from the same guys.

It's great to see so many people finally realize Dany was the villain this whole time. Personally I've been saying since S3 the only good Targaryen is a dead Targaryen. It sucked cause Jon was a cool character, but was willing to sacrifice him for the greater good of Westeros. Kinda predictable she'd burn the city down to when she had a vision of it in the season 2 finale, but I guess people wanted to believe an evil ruler with 3 dragons was just going to bring nothing but peace and a petting zoo to the seven kingdoms. Maybe Arya will add a new name to her list and kill the evil queen.

I think we know why Martin has been taking so long to finish the book - he must have realised just how bad his planned ending was.

The plot of the show follows GRRM's plot so blame him for Dany going mental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cleganebowl happened, I loved it.

You vultures can pick apart the rest.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must have been that time of the Month for Dany.

you kept blaming the guys that also did the first 7 seasons and said it's all their fault, so i assumed that in your eyes the first 7 seasons must be trash as well since it's from the same guys.
    The first 4 1/2 seasons they were working from an infinitely better source material. And if you haven't been in this thread since season 5, you wouldn't know how people have slowly wondered if D&D knew how to write the story themselves. This proves they don't.

I gotta say:

That episode was amazing. It kind of dwarfed the long night for me (I still heavily enjoyed that episode despite some glaring flaws). Maybe it's just me, but I kind of got some Revenge of the Sith vibes from this episode? The scene with Dany flipping and going full "mad king" (well, queen haha) really reminded me of Anakin's descent. I don't think her sanity will return, though.

I'm very curious to how they will tie up the show in the next episode. Still feels like there's so much to deal with.

Poor Qyburn. Loyal to the end. He deserved a better death.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I can understand it without some sycophant justifying it. It makes zero sense because he DOES love her, he literally said it seconds before she tried to kiss him, he's just hesitating from showing physical affection to her because she's his fucking aunt and he's having some hang ups on that. If they love each other, they can work it out. It's fucking relationships 101 with an incest twist.

And it didn't break the camel's back. She was taking care to not do anything but fight soldiers/the Iron Fleet/the ballistas before that moment. She literally landed on the ramparts, HEARD the bells ringing, was close enough to see the Lannister men throw down their swords, and then flipped out.

D&D, who you told someone to watch to justify this bizarre behavior, explained this by saying she saw the Red Keep, this place her ancestors built 300 years ago, and everything that was taken from her, and just snapped and "decided to make it personal." Except she had literally just won the Red Keep. She had achieved her goals and her dreams.

But for reasons, she became a comic-book evil villain.

I cannot understand the levels people go to to defend this high school level storytelling.
    Ok, you let me know how many people you have come across that works out in their head eventually that fucking their aunt is ok. This is given that where Jon was raised feels pretty much the same way OUR society does at large about incest. Yes I'm sure you come across the occasional deviant that doesn't care, but Jon has obviously not been cool with it since he found out. And if "end of the world" type shit isn't enough to make him not care, I doubt very much anything else will.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The first 4 1/2 seasons they were working from an infinitely better source material. And if you haven't been in this thread since season 5, you wouldn't know how people have slowly wondered if D&D knew how to write the story themselves. This proves they don't.
    quite sure you gonna find extremly similar things happening in the books if they ever come out. So to assume that the scriptwriters are at fault for anything here regarding the story is so ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Ok, you let me know how many people you have come across that works out in their head eventually that fucking their aunt is ok. This is given that where Jon was raised feels pretty much the same way OUR society does at large about incest. Yes I'm sure you come across the occasional deviant that doesn't care, but Jon has obviously not been cool with it since he found out. And if "end of the world" type shit isn't enough to make him not care, I doubt very much anything else will.
    This isn't our world. While it isn't common in Westeros to sleep with your sister, cousins fuck and marry all the time. And even then, there are cultures (like fucking Dany's culture!) where brother-sister incest is okay.

This is well-established in the universe. It's, like I said, a sexual hang up that can be worked on, and not a sign that Jon doesn't love her. Jesus.

Edit: Hell, Alys Karstark, a minor house in the North who are related to the Starks, IS MARRIED TO HER UNCLE IN AN EARLIER SEASON.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, your assumption was off a bit. I liked GoT for a long time, I loved just about every season. Few episodes here and there that were okay, but liked them for the most part. As you can see from this season, it's done nothing but gone downhill. Writing can go from good to bad. It happens all the time.