10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    The Riverlands = Germany. Everyone's playground full of suffering
    Not a bad comparison. The Tully have something similar to the Habsburg too. The Habsburg motto was : "Let others wage wars : you, fortunate Austria, marry."
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...-been-revealed

Interesting read.

Most interesting part for me was where he said he doesn't do outlines because he loses interest in the story. If he did truly give an outline to the producers could this be why progress on the books has been so slow.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Vilciens View Post
    Dont think I`ll be watching show, its inevitable that there will be some strong hints,maybe even spoilers along the way.
    If you can do it, then I salute you.

However, once the hype machine gets full steam ahead, and it stops being a theoretical I won't watch, and is simply an episode begging to be watched, I bet 99% of the people saying they are not going to watch because of spoilers will end up giving in.

With a show like GoT if you're not going to watch because of spoilers you're going to have to move to a cabin in Alaska as well because you know spoilers are going to be all over TV and the Internet.

Deleted
    Why do people still think that LSH will be on the show?

The Red Wedding is too far away now... sure everyone wanted the freys to suffer for it, but imo it is too late now... people most likely already have forgotten about it. The Lannisters are the villians in the series, their "win-streak" ended in S4 with the death of Joffrey and Tywin + the exile of Tyrion. We already know that Cersei is going to suffer, Jamie is becoming basically a good guy and Tommen will be more or less a marionette of the Tyrells. So the Lannisters will get what they "deserve" anyways... why add LSH now? It would have been cool at the start of S4, kinda relief for the Red wedding, but now it isnt needed anymore.

Moreover i think the show skips "obviously magic" characters... Dragons are ok, Direwolves are ok, White Walkers are ok, Shadow-Assassins are ok... but they are just acting in the background or are something like a "looming threat". Real Characters that are Zombies or Wraiths (like Coldhands) wouldnt fit in the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Why do people still think that LSH will be on the show?
    We'd all given up... Until Michelle Fairley SEEMED to have a Season 5 episode 10 credit, where she was listed as "Hooded Lady". That started it all off again, the only problem with this is IMDB is user generated and gets trolled almost as often as Wikipedia .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Wasn't she also listed for Season 4 EP 10? I'm pretty sure because i was hyped back then too... especially because it would have made sense in S4. But S5 (especially the end of the season) is too far away (imo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liebchen View Post
    Wasn't she also listed for Season 4 EP 10? I'm pretty sure because i was hyped back then too... especially because it would have made sense in S4. But S5 (especially the end of the season) is too far away (imo).
    I don't think she was ever listed in the credits, people got psyched because the evil Cersei kept teasing it, (doing things like posted a pic of a heart made of stone etcetc) and people got excited. This is (afaik) the only time there's been an IMDB listing for her, which I will note has now been removed, lending credence to the troll theory .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's today's special

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know you could just stand near the set like that and watch the show been shot.... I think I'll book an vacation in Dubrovnik for when they are shooting season 6.

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...-been-revealed

Interesting read.

Most interesting part for me was where he said he doesn't do outlines because he loses interest in the story. If he did truly give an outline to the producers could this be why progress on the books has been so slow.
    I have to be honest with ya; the straight-to-the-point, class D&D style adventure draft that Martin originally submitted for the series sounds way, way more interesting than the ridiculously and unnecessarily over complicated conspiracies-within-conspiracies-within-conspiracies cluster@$%^ the plot has become today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I have to be honest with ya; the straight-to-the-point, class D&D style adventure draft that Martin originally submitted for the series sounds way, way more interesting than the ridiculously and unnecessarily over complicated conspiracies-within-conspiracies-within-conspiracies cluster@$%^ the plot has become today.
    Ehhh.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

It sounds a bit like weird fanfic. The conspiracies to me are the heart and soul of ASoIaF. I mean... the draft sounds okay on its own. But it kinda lacks the gritty charm of the actual story to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Ehhh.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh.

It sounds a bit like weird fanfic. The conspiracies to me are the heart and soul of ASoIaF. I mean... the draft sounds okay on its own. But it kinda lacks the gritty charm of the actual story to me.
    It's still as dark; half the characters still died. The only difference is that it still tells the same core story as the current version of GoT, just without all the tacked on side stories and side characters. Not that I'm saying their bad, but they are for the most irrelevant to main plot and if they are dropped would have no affect on said story. At times, I feel that series is over complicated for the sake of being just that.

Deleted
    It's still as dark; half the characters still died. The only difference is that it still tells the same core story as the current version of GoT, just without all the tacked on side stories and side characters. Not that I'm saying their bad, but they are for the most irrelevant to main plot and if they are dropped would have no affect on said story. At times, I feel that series is over complicated for the sake of being just that.
    My main gripe with the draft as opposed to the actual novels is that it reads like a work inspired by ASoIaF rather than being the actual series itself. Y'know, stuff like Dragon Age, which is okay on its own but just lacks a certain something to me, especially knowing the intent was creating something like what Martin does.

10+ Year Old Account
    What side stories?

I think that highlights a major problem with storytelling these days: characters that add real flavour and depth are viewed as 'irrelevant side stories' instead of welcome additions that really serve to flesh out a story.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a summary of what would happen. A SUMMARY. Things like side stories typically don't show up in those....

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I think that highlights a major problem with storytelling these days: characters that add real flavour and depth are viewed as 'irrelevant side stories' instead of welcome additions that really serve to flesh out a story.
    2 completely different things that should never be confused as the same. A boring irrelevant character is boring and irrelevant not a misunderstood side character.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    So from the 20ish min documentary we get confirmation that they'll be shooting something in the village of Hardhome. With the scenes from the trailer, we can see the night's watch, Jon Snow included, fighting somewhere snowy, an image that is also shown in the doc.

Guess the show is sending Jon instead of Cotter Pyke to Hardhome. I can't think of any other scenario right now that explains is absence from Castle Black. After the battle at the Wall, JS pretty much stays in CB carrying out is lord commander duty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    So from the 20ish min documentary we get confirmation that they'll be shooting something in the village of Hardhome. With the scenes from the trailer, we can see the night's watch, Jon Snow included, fighting somewhere snowy, an image that is also shown in the doc.

Guess the show is sending Jon instead of Cotter Pyke to Hardhome. I can't think of any other scenario right now that explains is absence from Castle Black. After the battle at the Wall, JS pretty much stays in CB carrying out is lord commander duty.
    What worries me is that they might increase Jon's role to such an extent that the eventual betrayal and stabbing will ring hollow. In the source material, one of the reasons for the coup is the belief that Jon just doesn't know what he's doing and that he's too green to realise just what a mistake letting the Wildlings through is.

If they make him into a big badass warrior hero, that argument kinda loses its weight and the (quite rational) reasoning that Wildlings are bad news turns from a legit concern to simple grumbling of old men who don't understand the flexibility of youth. Hrumhrumhrum so very unorthodox hrumhrumhrum.