Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    I believe Martin gave the 2 show writers the general outline to the last 2 books and are the only people who know how it ends.
    I know, but I was wondering if, after he's developed and actually written it, he gave them "updates". Kinda wish he hadn't given them the endings though, the show is going to be so different from the books in season 5 that they might as well just have their own endings too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Livestream of the premiere:

https://www.facebook.com/GameOfThron...52820943487734

Right when I wanted to catch up on The Following..

10+ Year Old Account
    So the showrunners have come out and said they show WILL be spoiling the ending of the series, they've confirmed that the ending will be the same, even if the journey isn't...

Not sure how I feel about this, because it basically means that all the characters they've killed off and all the plot lines they've dropped ACTUALLY don't matter. *looks pointedly at Little Griff*
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    DID AIDAN GILLEN JUST SAY "YOU KNOW DARK SANSA OR LADY STONE"?!

What to the what now?
    Last edited by Feali; 2015-03-24 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    DID AIDAN GILLEN JUST SAY "YOU KNOW DARK SANSA OR LADY STONE"?!

What to the what now?
    He said ALAYNE STONE not LADY STONE, Stone is used for highborn bastards in the vale.
    Last edited by mmoc1faa427ad8; 2015-03-24 at 02:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aedras View Post
    He said ALAYNE STONE not LADY STONE, Stone is used for highborn bastards in the vale.
    Well damn... you hear what you want to hear I guess.. got myself excited over nothing..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Well damn... you hear what you want to hear I guess.. got myself excited over nothing..
    I don't see a reason to be excited about Sansa. I highly doubt she has what it takes to take the shoes of Stoneheart.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I do hope that the Greyjoys aren't written off entirely. They bring a lot of solid material to the plot. They haven't killed off Yara or Theon though so I assume that they'll show up again and do something major.
    If I never read another Greyjoy chapter it'll be too soon.

*Except Asha.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    The opposite. He's not exactly a diplomat and the Sandsnakes HATE Lannisters, there have been rumours of a number of Jaime Vs Arianne fight scenes, at least one confirmed.

As for Brienne, I think they'll keep up what they did in season 4. Having her journey around with Pod trying to find the Stark girls, this will probably end with her in the riverlands finding Sansa, who it is rumoured will be getting some of the Stoneheart scenes (i.e. Brienne may end this season possibly dead at Sansa's order.)
    Well that's... very different from the books. If that's the case she may end up hanging Brienne... not sure if that's better or worse...

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    He's dead. He is. She was. The end.
    He's dead, he's not, she... maybe wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I've heard all the others, but "Rhaegar is alive" is a new one to me. <Wanders off to ASOIAF forums>
    It's a silly theory, apart from anything else Rhaegar being alive is the exact same twist he already used for Aegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paklaajs View Post
    Cant believe they cut the Grejoys out, the only thing that kept me reading Crows and along with North sequences, the best part about Dance.
    I hated every scene with Victarion or Damphair or with Asha when she was on Pyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    So is there still no confirmation to this, because people were all "no nudity clause" through Season 2 to 3 and then she had boobie scene in one of the last episodes. Rumours I've heard that the person who played that whore whom was spying for Varys and then killed off by Joffrey was the one with no nudity clause and was written off because of that.
    More likely they killed her off because she was a stand-in for some minor characters in the books (notably Alayaya) and a general scene-filler and they no longer needed her.

Personally I think having Joffrey kill her was over the top and borderline silly, as was the whole scene with him and the prostitutes. Much more realistic in the books, in the show he comes off as a cartoon villain in these scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Mkay. With season 5 soon coming, we're coming dangerously close to the books being spoiled, but I wonder if George tells them his work in progress? He could probably give a decently detailed outline of TWoW by now.
    I sure hope not, last thing I need is show-watchers giving me spoilers during the next decade I wait for GRRM to finish his damn work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this, because it basically means that all the characters they've killed off and all the plot lines they've dropped ACTUALLY don't matter. *looks pointedly at Little Griff*
    If Little Griff doesn't turn out to be a false head of the dragon I'll be very surprised.

Considering he turns up something like 3,000 pages into the series and invades Westeros in a few chapters, something that Daenerys has been trying to do since the start of the fucking series, and has spent the whole last book not moving from a city that's further from it than she was in book 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oathkeeper is just Ice reforged, though. Is it possible a sword named Ice could potentially be a flaming sword?

Interesting motifs, I guess - the balance of fire and ice, the rebirth of ice into fire, the duality of Jon's nature, etc.
    It still has another transformation (or more) to make before it becomes the true Lightbringer, me'thinks. It has the look--shining red in the light--but its still missing the heat (as Aemon mentions it should have). It sort of reminds me of your sword's journey in Zelda: A Link to the Past, reforging and empowering it over the length of the game until its most powerful.

I've always had a feeling Dawn is a red herring, but could possibly be acquired by Young Griff (assuming he allies with the Martells; Lemore=Ashara; he's a head of the Dragon; and/or any number of theories). I doubt it, though I'm open to the possibility of Dawn playing a significant role.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Considering he turns up something like 3,000 pages into the series and invades Westeros in a few chapters, something that Daenerys has been trying to do since the start of the fucking series, and has spent the whole last book not moving from a city that's further from it than she was in book 1.
    Honestly, since the War of the Five Kings ended in A Storm of Swords anyway, I haven't felt it was important for Dany to arrive in Westeros yet. I personally think Slaver's Bay has proven an interesting challenge for Dany. I'm very excited to see what she'll do after her "Abyss - chapter".

10+ Year Old Account
    Emergency Awesome FTW. There's a reason he has like 5mil followers

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

New chapter in the next book, all about Sansa:
    http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Isn't that a goose? The neck seems much longer and the bill is much more pointer.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So I've been catching up with everything that's been going around to hype up the new season (only a few days now!). And it seems they're very heavily pushing the Dorne storyline with the Sand Snakes but almost completely abandoning the Victarion storyline with the Greyjoys.

I don't know how I feel about this. Victarion's stories were some of the only to keep me compelled to keep reading at many stages of the later books, I want to see the horn that commands dragons (forgive my terrible memory of the details here, it's been a while, I'm sure you all remember) but turns your lungs to ash.

I want to see him sail across the seas to find Dany and I want to see at least one kind of resolution to that story, god knows when GRRM manages to get there now.

On the other hand, the Sand Snakes are pretty damn cool characters. Not much is developed on them in terms of history, but you don't really need too much. I don't quite care for the casting, but I do like they're getting a push here, as far as I recall we don't ever read about them fighting (again, memory might be failing here) but we know they a fearsome trio.

Also, Dorne is almost a whole new world compared the rest of the seven Kingdoms, and there's a ton of story to tell there. Doran's story could be done amazingly well here, I hope we get to hear from him soon.

I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Saw the first episode of the season at an amazing event tonight, was pretty good, although watching it on a huuuge screen with a giant enthusiastic crowd and wonderful atmosphere didn't hurt. Made some symbolism in Feast and Dance more obvious to me too, which was neat.

Not sure if this has been discussed before, but going forward, what's the spoiler policy on this thread? Can we discuss an episode as soon as it airs wherever we happen to be?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    Not sure if this has been discussed before, but going forward, what's the spoiler policy on this thread? Can we discuss an episode as soon as it airs wherever we happen to be?
    There is a non-spoiler thread too. So I guess, that in this thread you should defo be able to discuss it straigth away. It's a spoiler thread afterall, people should know that.

Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    We discuss the books too, so the show is mostly spoiled already. If somebody doesn't want a new episode spoiled, they shouldn't visit the thread or any other fan forum before they've seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    We discuss the books too, so the show is mostly spoiled already. If somebody doesn't want a new episode spoiled, they shouldn't visit the thread or any other fan forum before they've seen it.
    10000% agreed. I got called out the other day for spoiling Orphan Black season 1... That show aired TWO YEARS AGO.

The non-spoiler thread has other rules, but in this thread we've covered the books up to DwD, so nothing that happens in the show is a spoiler anyway