Deleted
    It was a very decent episode.

The Bolton scenes always put a smile on my face. Both from superb acting and Ramsay tomfoolery ^^. Sansa and Theon reunion is the only decent change from the books so far.

Dany was bullshit once again, whether it's from the books or something made up by D&D (yes Greyworm/Missandei, hated that last season aswell).

Jorah greyscale just felt like another cheap cliffhanger you'd find in one of those daily soap series, shock for the sake of shock.

Also... that's Valyria? doesn't seem as torn apart as I imagined it. Conveniently nearby civilisation aswell, seeing as Tyrion and Jorah were sailing the same waters as last week's episode before they entered it.

Castle Black has been the peak of this season, loving it. Stannis grammar nazi for the win. If Brienne kills him I'm done with GoT doe.

Deleted
    The Valyria in the TV show is completely different than the Books version. The TV show is closer to showing a Rhyonar city from the book(Valyria is completely with volcanoes, burning sky,deadly air,unfriendly water etc)

Did anyone notice https://imgur.com/gallery/TCsbr

Saw it on reddit and I was impressed. In the books, I think the Harpy is Skahaz or the Green Grace(not sold on either), but in the TV show I think its pretty damning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    It was a very decent episode.

The Bolton scenes always put a smile on my face. Both from superb acting and Ramsay tomfoolery ^^. Sansa and Theon reunion is the only decent change from the books so far.

Dany was bullshit once again, whether it's from the books or something made up by D&D (yes Greyworm/Missandei, hated that last season aswell).

Jorah greyscale just felt like another cheap cliffhanger you'd find in one of those daily soap series, shock for the sake of shock.

Also... that's Valyria? doesn't seem as torn apart as I imagined it. Conveniently nearby civilisation aswell, seeing as Tyrion and Jorah were sailing the same waters as last week's episode before they entered it.

Castle Black has been the peak of this season, loving it. Stannis grammar nazi for the win. If Brienne kills him I'm done with GoT doe.
    You know that's from the book right? And to the Valyrian quote; most likely they did not get a "ruined" version right and instead opted to go for this version. Maybe it was even intended as the rhoynar at first but they later decided to call it Valyria as it's a more interesting place for the actors to talk about.

It's from the book, but on a different character which totally changes its impact. This threatens Dany - in the book, it threatens Aegon the Pretender's enterprises, if anyone at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Jon Connington is partially being replaced by Jorah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Also, where's Yunkai? They mentioned the masters having taken over in the beginning of the season, and they've been quiet about them since.
    Probably been replaced by a few Grey Worm / Missandei scenes.

Potentially controversial theory:

Could the Grey Worm/Missandei scenes be the result of misguided pandering for the sake of 'diversity'? I'm really struggling to figure out why two minor characters are getting so much time in the spotlight in a series that has cut out far more popular and important characters for the sake of keeping things fairly tight. I just can't guess who the target audience for that is meant to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its fluff, pure and simple. Those are 2 to 5 mins to could be used for something relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Katheryn Winnick would be perfect for Val

She's credited as "wildling chieftainess" in the 8th episode, Hardhome (some crazy shit is going on there!).
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2015-05-11 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Me, I'm the target audience!
    I don't mind the story. The scene between the two of them was predictable, but it wasn't terrible. I'm assuming that this will be wrapping up their storyline for now, I'd be surprised if they continued it for much longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's boring, cliché and uneventful.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    The Valyria in the TV show is completely different than the Books version. The TV show is closer to showing a Rhyonar city from the book(Valyria is completely with volcanoes, burning sky,deadly air,unfriendly water etc)

Did anyone notice https://imgur.com/gallery/TCsbr

Saw it on reddit and I was impressed. In the books, I think the Harpy is Skahaz or the Green Grace(not sold on either), but in the TV show I think its pretty damning.
    I've thought it was him from the minute the Harpies started causing shit.

Deleted
    Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cImNHuBto0

Whose blood is that?

Ramsays? Roose's?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyuben View Post
    Anyone remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cImNHuBto0

Whose blood is that?

Ramsays? Roose's?
    Never seen that before, but from what I've seen, Stannis likes to get into the fighting himself so it could just be some random persons blood.

How many unlisted videos do they have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay let's get the shit part out of the way, other than the lack of Arya, King's Landing and Dorne, all of which we'll be getting lots of next week.

HOW fucking stupid is Dany? I mean really... DEAR GOD. As if the made up nonsense with Grey Worm and Missandei wasn't bad enough, and it really is SO fucking bad... Like cringe inducing dialog dialed up to 11, I feel sorry for the actor playing Grey Worm, having to deliver such laughable lines, they then have Dany SET FIRE TO A GUY and feed him to her fucking dragons?!?!?!... I guess the old proverb is true, when a Targaryen is born the gods flip a coin, to see if they'll be mad or great... I think we're starting to see which side it landed on for Dany. Then to make matters worse she sits down with Missandei, who it seems is FINALLY going to call her on her shit... Nope, just tells her that "Dany's known the better plan all along, one only she can see" and then Dany goes and proposes to Hizdahr zo Loraq... NO. NOOOOOOO That was NOT Dany's plan and she was super reluctant to do it, fighting tooth and nail the whole time, now they just make it seem like it's her idea? Fuck that. I can't wait to see the whole thing blow up in her face. Although the way this show is going, they'll probably cut out the part where Hizadahr tries to kill her and is revealed to be the mastermind behind the Sons of the Harpy...

Okay now that's out of the way, on to the good parts.

That Tyrion section though! We finally get to see Old Valyria(which is meant to be a smoking, fire and brimestone filled hellhole... But whatever), we get a brief glimpse of Drogon and then BAMN Stone Men! Tyrion seems close to death, but thankfully it seems he's okay, as is Jorah... Or is he? Nope, Stoneskin, dead within a month. Sucks to be him.

Everything is close to boiling over at the wall, Jon is quickly making enemies and just as quickly losing his friends, siding with the Wildlings MAY be the sensible plan... But it will never be a popular one. Loved pretty much every Stannis scene, especially his little conversation with Samwell, I can't wait to see Stannis outfit all his soldiers with Dragonglass blades and take on the armies of the undead!

Hands down though, best scene of the episode... That SUPER awkward dinner with Roose, Walda, Ramsey and Sansa! Holy christ that was too much, Ramsey is a world class troll, not content with parading Reek around in front of Sansa, he's now going to have him give her away? So fucking wrong. Although I'm surprised that during the apology scene Reek didn't blurt out that Bran and Rickon are still alive... Maybe he's still somehow too smart for that. Ramsey is just stealing this whole season for me so far... I've been a huge fan of the actor since his days on Misfits but damn it if he isn't pulling out ALL the stops for this show. I mean... He's a horrific person, he's a sadist and a psychopath, the whole scene with him and Myranda was so offkey I could barely watch and I think this is only a warmup for what's coming(which I think is going to catapult him to most hated character in this show)... But there's just something about him, which makes it really hard to hate him. I also thought the scene later on with him and Roose talking about Ramsey's mother was brilliant. The actor playing Roose is fucking terrifying, the calm almost monotone way he talks about the horrible shit he's done is just... Damn.

At least Sansa is still holding strong, keeping her Stark pride firm in her breast, I think the second best line of the show is easily been hers "It's not the place that's strange, it's the people." Nailed it
    tongue emoticon
    . I'm guessing during the Battle of Winterfel (which may or may not happen this season, if it does I'm guessing it'll be episode 9 or 10) She's going to escape, possibly with Brienne (who had BETTER not kill Stannis, I will lose my shit if she does) and hopefully rally the north behind her and become it's true warden, that'd be awesome. Hopefully she'll team up with a still very much alive Stannis and Jon(freed from his Night's Watch vows for... Reasons) to lay waste to Ramsey, the Frey's and anyone else who gets in their way. Although I was very worried this episode that Myranda was going to do something nasty to her in the Kennels. Thankfully it was just Reek.

Overall a damn fine episode, best line by FAR for me though, at castle black:

Random dude: Less enemies for us!
    Stannis: Fewer...

Stannis, King of Grammer!

My only real complaints are Dany being a moron and them visiting Valyria, both of which are fairly minor in comparison to how good the rest of the episode was.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know it was in the books, but Dany marrying that guy is such a stupid move. She doesn't even want to rule that side of the area. I know why she's staying - so the city doesn't squander in revolt after she leaves - but wtf is she doing marrying someone that doesn't mean anything, to anyone, across the Narrow Sea?

In the show it seems very much like she does so only because she knows Hizdahr is, if not directly allied with, then knows way more about the Sons of the Harpy than he has ever led her to believe. Similar to the conclusion Barristan comes to after Dany escapes on Drogon toward the end of ADWD.

But I really do feel like both the books and the show do a great job at showing how much somebody can fuck up such an amazing opening hand with bad playing through Daenerys.

Basically up until she decides to try and rule in Meereen, I loved her story. Now its easily my least favorite, outside of Bran's snoozefest.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-12 at 03:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Could the Grey Worm/Missandei scenes be the result of misguided pandering for the sake of 'diversity'? I'm really struggling to figure out why two minor characters are getting so much time in the spotlight in a series that has cut out far more popular and important characters for the sake of keeping things fairly tight. I just can't guess who the target audience for that is meant to be.
    It's more pandering to AMG DRAMA, in the most brutally ham-fisted way.

o no dem in luv but he no got diq so many dramaz

I didn't much mind the first scene of this, and not just because bewbs. It was quite subtly done and could have gone one of tho ways; showing that the Unsullied, after all this time, are still human... or amg dem in luv etc. etc. The choice of where to take it was theirs.

THEY. CHOSE. POORLY.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Tbh i kind of have a feeling you are right. I can think of no other reason why they would give these two a sub plot, that takes up valuable screen time, other then pandering to colored people. The fact is that there are few colored characters in the show so it seems like they are trying to make up more screen time for the ones that are.