10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    When I saw that witch ask Stannis to sacrifice his own daughter for the throne, I knew he was doomed.
    I feel like Selyse is going to offer her up to the fire behind Stannis's back. They've foreshadowed it a few times now, pretty much every scene she's had since last season.

One of the better episodes so far IMO. Jonathan Pryce is a great actor, I hope he sticks around for a while.

Watching the latest episode, I suddenly realized why I don't like the show anywhere near as much as I used to anymore, listening to Tommen whine about how he can't do anything even though he's the king (when his problem was that he's too retarded to think his way out of his situation), followed by the high sparrow retardedly talk about how the many are stronger than the few (clearly he's never seen peasants get smashed to bits by nobles during their uprising, where the only reason any of them survived would be that the nobles needed them around to work the land for them).
    I don't think the writing is worse and that's why they're "retarded." I think a lot of the characters who get stuck just literally can't do anything storywise. Either they don't have the power to fix something at that moment (Sansa, Sam, Theon, most of the cast actually) or have been conditioned to not realize they can (Tommen).

Yes, Tommen is the King, but he's been so coddled by Cersei and so emasculated by her the second she realized he'd be the new King that he has no backbone.

I actually really liked that Tommen scene because it was the very first time we saw him get legitimately angry and have any kind of emotion beyond, "I'm a 14 year old boy poppin' a boner for my wife."

I think something a lot of people are failing to realize is that a big chunk of power players have been killed/removed off by other power players, so we have this void where people are slowly beginning to fill. Ned, Renly, the Starks, Oberyn, Tyrion, the Tyrells (At least for the moment), ect.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-05-25 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Where the fuck is Roose during all of Ramsays bullshit? He should be keeping him under control with Sansa.
    He's home. In Dreadfort.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    My question is: why doesn't Olena follow through with her threat of cutting off KL from food and what not? All he said is you don't understand the idea of the few vs the many. However, that many can't do much when everyone is starving and what not, right? If all of the sudden the Tyrells made it known that hey, we'll give you food if you get rid of this dude, they would take the food after a period of time. He never really answered the threat, sort of sidestepped it. I'd follow through on the threat.

He talks about who the first victim will be if she did that.

Remember they have both of the two super important Tyrells locked up. Olenna can't just go, "Yeah I'm out" because then they could basically just kill them outright instead of using them as hostages right now to stop them from doing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    He talks about who the first victim will be if she did that.
    Cersei said that but yea.

Thanks. Not like it changes the point whatsoever, but ok.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Watching the latest episode, I suddenly realized why I don't like the show anywhere near as much as I used to anymore, listening to Tommen whine about how he can't do anything even though he's the king (when his problem was that he's too retarded to think his way out of his situation), followed by the high sparrow retardedly talk about how the many are stronger than the few (clearly he's never seen peasants get smashed to bits by nobles during their uprising, where the only reason any of them survived would be that the nobles needed them around to work the land for them).

It's because all the characters are retards.

In earlier seasons, we had tons of characters who felt like real people, because they weren't fucking idiots. They acted like real people, not characters in a play constrained by what the plot requires of them. Even their more idiotic behaviour felt genuine, as it was in line with their character flaws. Yes, sure, one character, or two, being retarded, is a character flaw. Every character being retarded isn't. At that point it's just bad writing.
    I think that might be part of the point the show is making now. Cersi is an idiot. She has no real flair for the game of thrones and is failing miserably, thinking she could control the Faith and not seeing the forest for the trees. She is not her father.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post

It's because all the characters are retards.

In earlier seasons, we had tons of characters who felt like real people, because they weren't fucking idiots. They acted like real people, not characters in a play constrained by what the plot requires of them. Even their more idiotic behaviour felt genuine, as it was in line with their character flaws. Yes, sure, one character, or two, being retarded, is a character flaw. Every character being retarded isn't. At that point it's just bad writing.
    Yeah. I still like the show. I really do. But I do notice a drop in quality.

After pondering the last episode, I began to think about what the Sparrow said too. I mean, Didn't that religious cult already get abolished once? And doesn't nobles have fucking trained Armies? If this bullshit about the many had any weight then Daneris would not need to march an army to free so many damn slaves.

And I get the Lannisters have little real power right now, but they still have some troops and the royal guard.

I dunno. I am just ready for this season to end actually. I only am interested in seeing Tommen die and Jon Snow's story. I only care about Daneris because Tyrion is now there. Beyond him they can all go die in dragon fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Yeah. I still like the show. I really do. But I do notice a drop in quality.
    Totally agree. Plot is not the usual build up from previous seasons and the fight scenes are not as good.

And I get the Lannisters have little real power right now, but they still have some troops and the royal guard.
    Cersi is trying to be her father and failing miserably. She is pissing away all the power Tywin built up for their family, pushing the Tyrell's away is such a huge mistake.

This season seems really disappointing. They seem to be skipping over so much. I could be wrong. But didn't Stannis send Seaworth to court House Manderly and during Ramsey's Wedding they served pies made out of freys to the Boltons (rat cook) Maybe it will still happen somehow I don't know. Just really disappointing so much stuff is skipped and it's going way too fast. Faster than Martin can write that's for sure.

Am I the only one here wishing they had implemented Victarion in some way? I mean I'm not a fan of his drowned priest brother, nor am I overly thrilled at his 1 eyed crackhead man whore of a younger brother, yet Victarion seemed to be the essence of the Ironborn. Now all we have left is a sliver of a man in the form of Reek. I miss the damn Ironborn. Don't even get me started on Yara not whipping Ramsay's ass. I nearly broke my table with my forehead at that scene.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klmg8 View Post
    This season seems really disappointing. They seem to be skipping over so much. I could be wrong. But didn't Stannis send Seaworth to court House Manderly and during Ramsey's Wedding they served pies made out of freys to the Boltons (rat cook) Maybe it will still happen somehow I don't know. Just really disappointing so much stuff is skipped and it's going way too fast. Faster than Martin can write that's for sure.
    I feel a bit the same, I sit here every sunday, watch the episode and hope to see something which makes my mouth go *WoW* again. I don't know why but it hasn't happened yet this season and we're 7 episodes in.
    I do hope they get back on track, because they *might* lose viewers cause of the changes/change in how they tell the story.
    My 2c tho.

So the scene with the sandsnakes...did she strip down to get Bronn's blood pumping? Was that supposed to be a way to trigger the poison faster? Or was it just tits for the sake of tits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    For me there's a sense of get to the point already. Stannis stuck in a snowstorm is an apt metaphor for the plot pacing right now. Daenerys needs to get on Drogon's back, Jon needs to find out who his parents are, Stannis needs to fight the Boltons already, Arya needs to become an assassin and get back in the game. And they need to stop adding new plotlines, I know they cut some out but even more would be good (bye Sand Snakes, Daenerys please leave Meereen).
    Cutting out the plot lines destroys the intricacy that makes the story so great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamortykins View Post
    So the scene with the sandsnakes...did she strip down to get Bronn's blood pumping? Was that supposed to be a way to trigger the poison faster? Or was it just tits for the sake of tits.
    tits for sake of tits seeing as nothing like that happened in the books.

Best episode of season, woooooo.
    This season has been quite terrible.
    Atleast the 'interesting' things are finally about to occur.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

A woman being repeatedly victimized is hardly a "story". And you don't have to be a "SJW radfem" to disapprove of rape.
    Tell you what. I will care what most SJW say when they also talk about the men that are repeatedly victimized.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    It seems like this season has been down a bit, I'm hoping they are building to some crazy shit with the last 3 episodes. So much ground yet to cover. seventh episode seems to be the best of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I feel like people only think the Sand Snakes scene was good because it had boobs in it. I still thought it was awful.

Biggest issues of this episode were at the Wall, for me: Why is Ghost at the Wall when Jon has already left? I know the reasoning for locking him up in the books, but if they're going into the great wild North, why not take your badass dire wolf with you? Him saving Sam seems shoehorned in, as if they thought to themselves, "Well, Sam can't beat these guys....so, how do we get him out of this?" Also, just a niggling thing, but Ghost is supposed to be completely silent - no one has ever heard him growl. Until tonight, in the show. Furthermore, Aemon dying at the Wall is a twist. Looks like Sam isn't going to Braavos, which is fine I guess since the ultimate goal is to get him to Oldtown. How are they going to get Sam to go to Oldtown? I'm guessing Alliser Thorne will command him to become a Maester to take Aemon's place, and, unlike the books, Sam won't fight it or struggle with it. I like the momentum of the funeral pyre with the "And now his watch is ended," which is literally the name of the episode where Mormont died in s3, and kind of foreshadows Jon's death. Sorry Lord Commander, I don't think they would have written it like they did if they weren't going to mirror it with Jon.

There are other problems with tonight, but we'll see how they play out.

Again, time lapse is an issue. Tyrion has gone from King's Landing across the Narrow Sea, and in the course of three episodes went from Pentos to Volantis, through Valyria, and to Meereen. Like, wow. Meanwhile Stannis hasn't made it from the Wall to Winterfell. I get it, there's snow on the ground
    Accurately sums up how I felt about the episode. I still enjoyed it, but it's becoming more and more apparent that the writers aren't up to the task of finishing GRRM's epic. So many holes starting to appear or become larger, I hope they can keep it together.

Sand snakes still awful if you ask me.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

A woman being repeatedly victimized is hardly a "story". And you don't have to be a "SJW radfem" to disapprove of rape.
    No, but you have to be if you are unable to make distinction between reality and fiction or believe others cannot do so. You may think that something is distasteful or in poor form for the story but to make the case this fictional situation or those that arent bothered and/or find value from it somehow is rape apologism or statement of things in reality is exactly the sort of preaching radfems and SJWs do. I'll give you a cue. No woman was really victimized so the impotent outrage over it is absurd. In fact, the actress of Sansa is on record saying she absolutely loves that scene and is teasing Ramsays actor over it
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988