Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    damn poor hodor... his story was so sad. also how did the girl helping brann kill a whitewalker (not the brainless ones, one of the blue ones) with a shitty spears ? I thought you needed a special kind of weapon to kill them ?
    The spear tip was made of dragonglass.

damn poor hodor... his story was so sad. also how did the girl helping brann kill a whitewalker (not the brainless ones, one of the blue ones) with a shitty spears ? I thought you needed a special kind of weapon to kill them ?
    Made by children perhaps? One manages to stab the same guy. We all know usual weapons just shatter so these might be special.

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Of course not, but a slight 5 sec mention of Benjen's fate certainly wouldn't hurt the episode, it's not like he was just a guy that Sansa knew, he was her uncle and Starks are almost extinguished, family means everything.
    Ok, I will help you out here. She did ask him, Jon also asked her about everything from KL. They shared all their experiences since leaving WF.

But none of it was useful for US the viewers because we already know it, so it wasn´t shown on the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Trailer shows they get helped by someone

Uncle come, uncle comes!

As to whole time travel thing, Bran can travel in time and affect things. Problem is that he can't rewrite events after knowing what happened. There is one time line.
    Last edited by jdbond592; 2016-05-23 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I definitely think the time travel thing and Bran warging into Hodor is stupid, and the timey wimey nonsense, etc, whether GRRM wrote it or not. The idea planted in his mind of needing to "hold [a] door" driving him mad to the point that it's the only thing he said is poignant enough, but I don't think I can take the journey necessary to get there.
    I think it is the fact that it is the words he is hearing while he is dying that makes it so powerful to his former self. It is the emotional connection between his older self and his younger self.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I think it is the fact that it is the words he is hearing while he is dying that makes it so powerful to his former self. It is the emotional connection between his older self and his younger self.
    Something about Ban warging while time traveling resulted in him warging in past too and that destroyed Wylls' mind!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    First penis was actually Hodor's hung, 12 incher...
    First penis is Theon's, when he's with Rose before leaving Winterfel
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if Bran's fumbling with this power causes a cascade of terrible events happening.
    The thing is now that Bran has seen the effect of playing with the past he might be scared shitless to do it again. He might never do it again, or do it relectantly at the end to save the day. I don't think we will see him doing shit left and right for funsies

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    I don't even care anymorw, show me the leaks.
    Of episode 9 or the whole season?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Oh. my bad.

Edit. Now I just read an article where the actor playing Bran says he can change things in the past. Meh.
    Changing stuff IN the past isn't the same as changing the past.
    He was IN the past when he fucked up Hodor's mind to save him, but in the end he didn't change the past. It stayed the same past he knew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm going to have a depressing day at work now...

So, Benjen is back? He's been "rowing" for 6 seasons now...

Deleted
    The spear is made of Dragonglass.
    The Children that tried to stab the Other only touched him in his armor, so he didn't explode, whereas Meera the badass (yeah, that's her name now), launched the spear in his neck, so he exploded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    So now i'm confused. You're implying Bran had a vision back in time, warged into Bloodraven and now perma controls him, lives inside him and is in effect, him? So where is Brans body. Is there two brans now? Bran had to go back 200 years to find Brynden Rivers, so is Bran 200 years old now?
    It's not even Brynden Rivers in the show. 3ER said he was 1000years old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So, Benjen is back? He's been "rowing" for 6 seasons now...
    ? Benjen never was on a boat. They are no boats North of the Wall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You have a giant, that for 25 years (real time) only says 1 word. Then after 25 years you reveal the hold the door moment.

For me, the good writing part is that it is a rather unique situation to have that character to begin with, but then to hold the meaning for so long in the books without revealing it. I mean think about it. Back in 1990ish is when GRR Martin created the word Hodor... and in 2016 is the first time people find out the reason for that name. The closest thing I could think of was the Vygr thing from the original Star Trek movie... but there the first time we heard Vygr to the moment we understood the meaning of the word was only about 2 years. Freakin GRR Martin wrote like 8000 pages of novels and still hasn´t revealed it in the book.
    Actually for years and years people have been hinting that Hodor had to be linked to "Hold Door". They just never knew how it would be linked.

Some say hodor still holds that door till this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    So who was the first White Walker? The guy tied to the tree.

Was he a Stark?

edit: Maybe it's of no importance who the first one was.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-05-23 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    So who was the first White Walker? The guy tied to the tree.

Was he a Stark?

edit: Maybe it's of no importance who the first one was.
    its happened thousands of years ago, its just a random guy.

I do love how their weapon tho was a human before considering the humans was their enemy.

7+ Year Old Account
    >CotF create White Walkers by using dragonglass
    >dragonglass can kill White Walkers

what.

Thanks for the answer guys !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paklaaji View Post
    >CotF create White Walkers by using dragonglass
    >dragonglass can kill White Walkers

what.
    What brings life can also take it away. Makes sense ^^

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post

That should give you an idea.

Everyone is focusing on Bran and stuff. Why is noone talking about how they butchered Euron?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post

Hence the " "
    We need a font for sarcasm.
    But there are boats north of the wall tho.