Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    what no comments for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhengyi View Post
    I have been reading half of the crap that you all are spewing but there are more factors then just bored of content, new games, or what ever else you all said. Some of the factors might include:
    A. Real Life Issues:
    1. Job
    2. Family
    B. Economy:
    1. Loss of Job
    2. Can't Afford WoW/Internet
    C. Boredom
    1. Tired of Content
    2. Tired of WoW in General
    3. New game
    D. Just General Retardness
    1. Got Sick of being called out all the time
    2. Don't like to take things seriously
    Yeah but that should have been a factor for quitting the last 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Onzay View Post
    600k subs in 6 months.... out of 12mil? have fun with that other 10 years...
    600k in 3 months, if you read the info, the report is from January-March. A lot more have left since march, and more will leave. I don't think Rift or Diablo will kill WOW, although they will take a lot of subscriptions away (mostly because WOWs developers fault). I do think that by the time TITAN go away WOW subrscription base would be a lot lower than now and MAYBE, MAYBE Titan would end up killing it. But thats not gonna happen before 2014.

I'm not suprised at all with Blizzard's loss

Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Yeah but that should have been a factor for quitting the last 6 years.
    WOOT TY lol

Deleted
    Players aren't leaving, WoW isn't "dying"... oh wait

Knew I wasn't alone and it isn't only those couple hundred people on this forum either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved the Daily Blink.

As someone who quit WoW but doesn't hate Blizzard, this news is going to make me hate MMO-Champ. So many "WoW is dying" topics will use a 5% loss as a doomsday statistic. 11.4M is still pretty far ahead of Aion's 3 or 4 million.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Really no-one cares about the rift subs, no-one cares about how you think the game got shit and that 600k people apparantly agree with you, I'll sit back with the other 11.4 million and enjoy the game as it is, instead of moaning about how it used to be.
    You mean you don't care ... as for the number of subs ... A lot of ppl like to play with peers from the same region, be it their country or at least the continent they live on. Just because WoW hasn't lost that many subscribers overall, it does not mean that regionally it hasn't lost a lot. Ppl from my country used to play on one server, that server is quite empty nowadays ... maybe those 3-4k subscribers that disappeared were replaced by 3-4k chinese players. Thing is I don't want to play with chinese players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaryi View Post
    WoW only has ~4 million subs in EU/NA and since KN/TW/CN subs are all pre-paid, they really aren't traditional subs. The loss % is, infact, a great deal higher than 5%.
    It's more than that, I'd say around 6 or 7 million, but yes, half the player base is Asian-based, and that Asian 50% of the gamers represent less than 10% of total WoW revenue. So losing 600k players in Europe or America is a very large financial loss.
    Last edited by mmoc44b549a6e8; 2011-05-10 at 03:02 PM.

Why do people care how many people play this game. Who is going to notice if there are 15 million or 5 million players.

I was one of those 5%, but I don't hate Blizzard or hate WoW or feel they failed me in some way. It's just that after playing a game for 6 years it can be hard to find interest in it with the same kind of intensity you had at the start. I don't feel it was because they weren't releasing content fast enough, simply that short of completely revamping the entire game to the point of being unrecognizable, to some extent we've done everything already, probably more than once. If you stay for friends, or your guild, or epic lootz, that's cool and I hope you enjoy the game for many years to come. Maybe I'll find myself missing it enough to come back someday.

How about the fact that probably 80% of players are casual, and this tier of raiding is one of the hardest we've ever seen... and it requires a pretty dedicated raid team/schedule to clear...

Maybe that turns people away?
    This is what did it for me. I dont have the time I used to with a new baby in my life, and would have gladly stayed subbed to join an alt raid to clear most of the normal modes, like I did in icc (I did alt run and main run 10/25) anyways with the changes in difficulty and the innability to pug/bring in people that are alt geared level, atleast on my server was gameover for me. From everyone I have spoke with (Friends that are quitting, or playing and hoping for a chance) people miss the Wotlk approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    New content will do nothing to get players back, in fact blizzard will continue to loosing players. Cataclysm system of raids absolutely piece of crap, all gameplay is boring, and most part of players up their 100500's twink to lvl 85... =(

10+ Year Old Account
    New content will do nothing to get players back, in fact blizzard will continue to loosing players. Cataclysm system of raids absolutely piece of crap, all gameplay is boring, and most part of players up their 100500's twink to lvl 85...

Deleted
    everyone whining about archaeology xd if you don't like that, just don't do it!

and btw, about the content being raced through too fast. just killing a boss isn't good enough, I don't even DARE to enter a New Troll Instance, because I've only completed it once. with my guild members.
    And then again, 4.2 looks very promising! people will always come back when a new patch come out, especially when it has a raid!
    Believe me, WoW will not die. I don't say it will NEVER die, but not now they've got things planned.

And about Diablo. I, for instance, have never played Diablo or anything. I assume it's good, but not every WoW-player is going to play Diablo!
    And the story is MUCH better in WoW just sayin'

I'm not suprise to be honest.
    Most of the content in Cataclysm is recycled or get 'loathsome' and boring fast.
    Personally i've enjoyed the content at first but nowdays i find myself farming BC content or doing archeology with my death knight.
    back at Wotlk i never had lack of stuff to do even if ppl claim that the diffuclt lvl of the content was very easy.

The recycling of the Zalandari raids as new and refreshing instances just implies the lack of creativity of Blizzard.
    Warcraft has such a rich plot and yet developers refuse to 'go wild'. Instead of enlighting basic plot holes like the era before of arriving of the Horde to Durator and the Tauren histroy that claims to be as old as the night elves themselves for example, they prefered to reinovate old content as new like they did at patch 4.0 previous to the Cataclysm release.
    Last edited by Jackkernaut; 2011-05-10 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reparator View Post
    You mean you don't care ... as for the number of subs ... A lot of ppl like to play with peers from the same region, be it their country or at least the continent they live on. Just because WoW hasn't lost that many subscribers overall, it does not mean that regionally it hasn't lost a lot. Ppl from my country used to play on one server, that server is quite empty nowadays ... maybe those 3-4k subscribers that disappeared were replaced by 3-4k chinese players. Thing is I don't want to play with chinese players.
    As you just did to me, you mean, YOU like to play with your peers? Considering the amount of universal guilds vs. the language specific ones, I'd say you're in the minority.

WoW expansions never lost subscribers before

WoW expansions never lost subscribtions before, sometimes they were growing slower but they were always going up
    before Cataclysm...........................

It's not Rift that sucks even more than Cataclysm. Rift is a bigger fail than the previous MMO competitors and it's not achieving many subscribtions. You can check by yourself the games streamed on the most popular channels. Rift has 1 - 2 streams max, like Aion. Compared to WoW that have always 50+ streams minimum.

Cataclysm sucks I told ya

Pretty obvious why no one enjoys the game anymore. Too many bandaid fixes, homogenization, and general imbalance issues.

A big misconception you guys are making is that the "WoW killer" doesn't even have to be an MMORPG. With DOTA2 and Guild Wars 2 coming soon, people are going to wise up to the fact that Blizz doesn't really care about PVPers or gameplay anymore, they'd rather continue lining their pockets with purchasable non-combat pets and make sure no hybrid class is ever, ever without a raid spot and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by hamski View Post
    Pretty obvious why no one enjoys the game anymore. Too many bandaid fixes, homogenization, and general imbalance issues.

A big misconception you guys are making is that the "WoW killer" doesn't even have to be an MMORPG. With DOTA2 and Guild Wars 2 coming soon, people are going to wise up to the fact that Blizz doesn't really care about PVPers or gameplay anymore, they'd rather continue lining their pockets with purchasable non-combat pets and make sure no hybrid class is ever, ever without a raid spot and move on.
    Add here TOR (The Old Republic) and Blizz should be really, very very afraid.
    Last edited by Puntar; 2011-05-10 at 03:34 PM.