Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nitro Boosts, I'm having panic attacks

Just how many times this thing exploded me in air and killed me or just didn't worked when needed badly and cooldown was triggered. I'm thinking can they fix this? I removed it from my bars already and perhaps replacing with something else, it scares shit out me Sorry for qq in fan site forums

I stopped using Nitro Boosts. Cardboard Assassin is quite nifty as well for PvE purposes.

Edit: Yes they could fix it but it's working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    just shows. the fuel you use for it doesn't work correct with the parts.
    but now towards the point. the only fix they do/did is that it now takes 80% of your HP instead of 120% but thats the risk you must take.

No Tusk Club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno... Think it's a 99% failure (and that statement.. is of course false), but it's Gnomish/Goblin Engineering..
    What can you expect from puny little green men/puny little white men with white beard?
    =3

Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    just shows. the fuel you use for it doesn't work correct with the parts.
    but now towards the point. the only fix they do/did is that it now takes 80% of your HP instead of 120% but thats the risk you must take.
    This is the buff to encounter the failure attempts.
    At least, you won't die unless someone (be it mobs or players, PvE or PvP) takes up the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    What can you expect from puny little green men/puny little white men with white beard?
    I would expext it to at least keep working as it used to. It rarely malfunctioned in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraza View Post
    I would expext it to at least keep working as it used to. It rarely malfunctioned in WotLK.
    Perhaps it was good times with a horribly good RNG?
    At least, when it malfunctioned during Wrath, you'd die unless healed, whilst now you can live. (With a huuuge~ backlash)

Quote Originally Posted by Zalënë View Post
    At least, when it malfunctioned during Wrath, you'd die unless healed, whilst now you can live. (With a huuuge~ backlash)
    That's not it. All the Nitro Boosts horror stories surfaced with Cataclysm. It wasn't an issue in WotLK. Besides, if you're an engineer, you also have the parachute, so fall damage is rarely a problem.

Deleted
    It couldn't fail in raid instances in WotLK, but they thought it would be extremely funny to put some fail rate on it....Too bad it isn't funny..

Deleted
    All the Nitro Boosts horror stories surfaced with Cataclysm. It wasn't an issue in WotLK.
    As someone responsible for causing a pre-cata LK10 heroic wipe due to nitro boost malfunction, I gotta disagree with you there!

15+ Year Old Account
    I must say, since the "...down to 80% (from 120%)..."-Hotfix, i never had a failure on my boosts again and i'm using them multiple times every day. Maybe i'm just lucky, but maybe they also increased the successrate again.

They changed it because Engineers were OP in raids. It was essentially a case of give everyone engineering because the boots/belt are amazingly useful on nearly all fights. Rather than see raid guild make players have engineering, they've give engineers Cogs and nerfed the boots/belt.

The boots/belt is no longer an item you want to use all the time in a raid. Its now something that you can use for real emergencies (do or die) or just running between fights or soloing.

As someone who was seriously considering levelling engineering on my main because I was missing out on an imba CD, I'm actually glad it got changed away from a powerful raiding CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    They changed it because Engineers were OP in raids. It was essentially a case of give everyone engineering because the boots/belt are amazingly useful on nearly all fights. Rather than see raid guild make players have engineering, they've give engineers Cogs and nerfed the boots/belt.

The boots/belt is no longer an item you want to use all the time in a raid. Its now something that you can use for real emergencies (do or die) or just running between fights or soloing.

As someone who was seriously considering levelling engineering on my main because I was missing out on an imba CD, I'm actually glad it got changed away from a powerful raiding CD.
    I don't know about you, but I remember times when engineering wasn't about stats or making gold, it was about cool gadgets. The decision to go for nitro boosts wasn't as clear-cut as you would have me believe. There were still lots who decided to go JC/BS for max stats. I think my 25-man raid group had perhaps 2 engineers total.

So whoopdy-doo, we got some statwheels and lost flavor yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only just got the nitro boosts on my alt mage, and i have never been killed with them yet.

Anyone know what teh % is that they will blow up?

And i think they only take way 70% now, they don't kill you anymore.
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

Cataclysm introduced the Rocket Fuel leak, which replaces the misfire in instances, since launching straight up in instances typically just causes you to hit your head 2 feet in the air and come back down scott-free. It always misfired in instances, you just didn't notice. A WotLK misfire was just "I didn't go vroom!"

I stopped using Nitro Boosts when Cata launched. Just not a viable tinker anymore.

has it failed for any1 on atramedes air phase when he's chasing u? i wonder what he'd do if u get shot up in the air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the amazing world of Engineering.

I used to love these for my rogue, stopped using them after the stupid health draining bullshit was added. They aren't worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    has it failed for any1 on atramedes air phase when he's chasing u? i wonder what he'd do if u get shot up in the air.
    yeah it failed on me a few times, the beam just stays put on the ground where you shot up from

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapthrottle View Post
    As someone responsible for causing a pre-cata LK10 heroic wipe due to nitro boost malfunction, I gotta disagree with you there!
    Ofcourse in wotlk the chance it would fail was very low but sometimes it happend u blowed up into the sky but most of the times it worked