Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    This is where Activision steps in.
    Kotick: "I find World of Warcraft's performance starting to slip. So to gain some lost income. I wanted to implement extra payed services into the game. We implemented RealID, now we are adding premium services with the RealID as the next step."
    Seems like a logical step for a business to take. Unless you're trying to say that business' shouldn't make money? Current revenue streams are waning then you come up with new streams or you die off. Simple business, not many revenue streams that go into eternity with little or no change to them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solar79 View Post
    Wow.. I haven't seen this level of response since the RealID = Real Name issue before the cata launch.. and we know how that turned out..
    But this time.. there is the opportunity for a company to make money.. so I doubt Blizzard will be backtracking on the charge for this service.
    Also last time it was the public out cry as well as the concern of privacy. So now it may not stick... I REALLY doubt it would happen but it would be pretty hilarious to see enough people quit that blizz rethought it after launching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Solar79 View Post
    Wow.. I haven't seen this level of response since the RealID = Real Name issue before the cata launch.. and we know how that turned out..
    But this time.. there is the opportunity for a company to make money.. so I doubt Blizzard will be backtracking on the charge for this service.
    Perhaps, but there were legal considerations with the Real ID issue. There isn't with this...people can try and sue, but they'll fail. The Real ID issue had to do with European Privacy laws.

The day Blizzard decided that charging for premium services is that day I quit.Gratz Blizzard I just cancelled and I won't be coming back.You lose 600,000 subscibers and you think this is a good idea.And you want to force people to play rated battlegrounds too.

Later Blizzard it was fun but I will be waiting for Guild Wars 2.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    You think the community is dying?
    Play with friends.
    You wanna play with friends?
    Fork it over
    Only problem with this amazing logic is if you and your friends roll on the same server or already play on the same one...so close yet...
    @ poster above me /waves good bye
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    The day Blizzard decided that charging for premium services is that day I quit.Gratz Blizzard I just cancelled and I won't be coming back.You lose 600,000 subscibers and you think this is a good idea.And you want to force people to play rated battlegrounds too.

Later Blizzard it was fun but I will be waiting for Guild Wars 2.
    You're a bit late.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    Seems like a logical step for a business to take. Unless you're trying to say that business' shouldn't make money? Current revenue streams are waning then you come up with new streams or you die off. Simple business, not many revenue streams that go into eternity with little or no change to them.
    FOR A FREE GAME IT WOULD BE LOGICAL.

But for a game you PAY a SUBSCRIPTION FOR, it isn't. Why? Because there's a difference between lol mounts and lol pets. Those are really optional and really don't affect the game. Because they're from the store. Nor is this like faction changing or race changing or server changing. Because again, optional.

But something like this? You're over looking the key point.

PREMIUM SERVICE. Premium service usually derives from the fact you pay for something to be more special. IE you fork out more cash to have better things than the other guy.

So now we have, a game you PAY to play, going to be having PAY MORE FOR BETTER ACCOUNT STATUS.

Let me put it this way.

First it's grouping with friends while on other servers.

Second it's more character slots per realm.

Third: ???

Fourth: Smart people leave wow and to make up for it, WoW puts in more shinies to force people to pay to keep up with the rest of the flock.

Edit: Actually, Third would most likely be sending BoA items cross server! So yes, if you roll over and accept this bullshit swan song move on blizzard's part, you're kinda blind to the bullshit move this is.

Quote Originally Posted by bergmann620 View Post
    You're a bit late.

Yeah but this is different then just using your cell phone to access the auction house,server tranfers,faction change etc.....

This service actually effects how you group with people in the game.That should be allowed to all under your monthly subscription plan.Not be a premium service.Blizzard has went back on there word not to allow paid services that effect game play,this clearly does and is a deal breaker for me.
    "Chaos boils in my veins."

Quote Originally Posted by Nyoa View Post
    Bolded the flaw in your argument. Newsflash! playing with your friends actually DOES change your game experience
    Yep, and you can't do it right now.

And if you don't pay for the service we're discussing, you still won't be able to do it.

So there is exactly zero flaws in my argument, least of all the part you bolded.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleagant View Post
    Yeah but this is different then just using your cell phone to access the auction house,server tranfers,faction change etc.....

This service actually effects how you group with people in the game.That should be allowed to all under your monthly subscription plan.Not be a premium service.Blizzard has went back on there word not to allow paid services that effect game play,this clearly does and is a deal breaker for me.
    Your monthly subscription allows access to your account and the game servers.

Off-topic:

I feel bad for poor blokes on the GW2 team as they crumble under the tidal wave of QQ the first time they do something unpopular. Do you think the fact that they don't have to pay for it will make these players any more forgiving?

Most of you guys will never be happy. It's just... yea.

I didn't have the bravery to parse 86 pages, but, hasn't anyone mentioned they're already doing this? This service is just the Dungeon Finder: Choose your partner! edition, the only differences here are the need to develop a simple way to invite a RealID friend to the Dungeon Finder from another realm, which shouldn't be hard, and the fact that(I assume) it will be all realms on your service area(US, UK, etc) rather than the battlegroup only.

That isn't "complex" to do at all, they're doing it already at a more localized scale, and now they're going to CHARGE me 3$ extra to do it? I wanted to do this since they unveiled cross-realm interactions with the DF.

I cancelled my subscription due to dissatisfaction with Cata and the attitude the developers have taken on, I became even more cemented after Morhaime confirmed elements of the team were moved to Titan, confirming my theory behind the severe drop in content quality with this expansion.

Now this? This is just hackery, and it needs to be done with, they make a ton of money off of the players, and promise them a tabard window "someday"

Cancel your subscriptions, apparently Blizz only understands that language these days, when they see it dip below 11 million maybe they'll renege.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    You should've been crying the second they announced server transfers and all of that, then. Because this is the EXACT. SAME. THING.
    I did then and I am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Clouce View Post
    Also last time it was the public out cry as well as the concern of privacy. So now it may not stick... I REALLY doubt it would happen but it would be pretty hilarious to see enough people quit that blizz rethought it after launching it.
    I doubt I'd be using this free or other wise... my only real concerin is what it opens the door for. I take it people had issues with the pets for real money etc..
    With a change like this I could see it leading to something like Sinestra (spelling?) is currently, except rather than heroic mode only.. it's a "premium service only" encounter.

El oh El at blizzard. Check this out:

Origination Forums / Comments
    Ban Type: Spamming / Trolling
    Expires: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 11:36:08 AM PDT (in 6 days, 21 hours)
    Ban Reason: 1 week suspension from the World of Warcraft forums for trolling. This is a final warning. Further violations of Forum Guidelines could result in a loss of posting privileges.

By: Skroesec, L85 Goblin Warlock, <Tyranny>, Drak'Tharon
    Forum > General Discussion
    Thread Title:
    RealID cross realm dungeon grouping thread #6
    Reply #449
    Timestamp:
    May 18, 2011 11:29:15 AM
    Oh brother.I doubt oh so much there will be substantial subscribers to this. I run a very successful raiding guild with players who come almost exclusively off server... and I just don't see them playing with anyone but from the guild itself (which is the reason they joined in the first place). WoW is quickly becoming the Myspace of MMOs though. It's old, its creaky. People transparently see through the intentions of its developers, and said developers are busy trying to extract every last drop of revenue from it before the subscriber base crashes.Can't wait to see what other services Blizzard makes "premium" in the future. I cant help but wonder if the ever expensive to develop "raids" will be one of them.

OMG YES IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!!!!

not...

big fail blizz. no one wants to pay extra money to play with people

WoW normal account un-subscribed ... ok ? cya

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Amazing, suddenly everyone has friends on other realms that they are so eager to play it, likely they could'nt survive in game until this...
    Where is the "like" button!! D:

Id like to be able to buy to have my alts decked in t11

Quote Originally Posted by Ranor View Post
    Quoted from Ngau on the official forums: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...06195?page=13/

Top of the page.

edit: tl;dr Blizzard doesn't owe you anything.
    the best thing is Blizz is starting to look like a total shit in my eyes in last few years and i also owned them absolutly nothing
    for last 12 months i payed 8 months with bought game cards (20k gold each or so)
    I really really hate giving them money now cuz they dont deserve it much not cuz i cant afford it
    Blizz have a choice to try get more money from me for nothing and they ll foool some tools but most gamers that play mmo games are so bored of WoW and are already leaving and loooking for something fresh
    Paying extra cash for play with all u frriends across the servers is something fresh new and very very lame to pay for

The best thing is me and 11 mil more have a choice to change the game (like 5-6 mil from Chain might stay hahahaha)

99%+ sure in 2012 WoW population will drop under 10m or more ....probably as low as 7-8mil with mostly Chain based population (they pay half u know hahaha:?P)
    GW2 and ToR only will perma steal u few mil subscribers !!!! and i am glad u suckers that used to be a well respected company that i use to like so much before will looose tons of cash u money hungry suckers !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lolipopp; 2011-05-18 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    ah who cares, i don t need this feature anyway