Addon Recommendation

I apologize if this thread is placed incorrectly, but my thought was if I need druid help in any way, shape or form, take it to the druid pros...

I am working on OS resto for this alt (more for the nights when a healer doesn't show than anything else), and the only thing tripping me up much is when to cleanse. I understand that it is probably second nature for most of the MS resto druids, but I am 100% heals noob. (ex: BH)

What I am looking for is a seperate addon (or a different healing addon other than healium, but I'd prefer to stay with this addon), that would more or less make cleansing idiot-proof. The more flashing vegas lights the better.

Thank you in advance.

Pretty manditory addons imo are Grid, Clique, OmniCC, Bartender. To go on for extra addons I also suggest ElvUi or some type of UI atleast with ForteXorcist

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 04:44 PM ----------

Check out Affiniti UI on Www.Wowinterface.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Decursive would possibly be what you are looking for.

I personally don't like it as i prefer to have everything integrated onto my healing frames, but it gives you a bunch of small boxes (each box representing a raid member) and will flash a bright blue colour with a loud "DONG" sound when someone is afflicted and you simply click the box to cleanse.

Would be a great idea to switch to Vuhdo or Grid (which has the same features built in for cleansing) but if you are reluctant to swap, Decursive may do.
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

Great, thank you for the advice

While you did say you didn't want to change your healing add on, other than Decursive, I would recommend going with Healbot. You can change the colors of all dispellable buffs, so you know which is magic/curse/ect.

but yeah, if you are really against changing your healing add on, I would go with Decursive.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/smart-debuff/

This is what I have been reccomending to dps who decurse since sapphiron. It will light up with a nice L or R blue or red color depending on what mouse button it wants you to hit, (in a priests situation that would be cure disease or dispel magic) You can use it to lay out 40 people or just 5 (easily) you can also use it to show just a class. For example I used it on Iron Council showing just the tanks, so that I wouldn't miss the must dispell debuff especially in phase three when tanks were swapping and damage incoming was huge.

Personally I run it as part of my healer UI. The reason being is when grid is lit up like a christmas tree I don't miss must dispell debuffs. (and it only shows the ones YOU can dispell.) I find it much easier to set up over decursive, and alot more customizable with ease. It's pretty easy to toy with, play with it, I use vert up. and I turn off the health and mana bars ect as thats what my raidframes do. :S

Keeping it tucked off to the side of my Grid, and very small, its nice to have. And impossible to miss or overlook. /cheers.

Grid>Vudoo>Helim>PENIS>Healbot
    Healbot is far lower rated than Grid due to the updating of life pools Grid is far more customizible than Healbot as well as updates HP pulls far faster

Deleted
    @edanna would say vuhdo ist faster in my opinion on updating health. jmy2c

ot
    delete helium asap, it is the crappiest healaddon you can use, sry to say that sure it is completly different, but clickinng mini icons for the heal is not very (way wise) efficient and the error of htting the wrong button is relatively high.

grid + clique and vudoh have it implemented to "decurse" in the raid frame therefore my addons of choice, the idea of adding a additional addon for not missing a debuff is nice, but since I use vudoh I never missed a decursable debuff by not beeing marked up enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been said so, so many times.

When it comes to healing addons for resto druids healbot, vuhdo, grid, and blizz bars are ALL fine.

If you want the best, go for Vuhdo. You can set it up like every single one of these addons, every single thing, but it has extras irreplaceable for resto druids. It's the difference between 4 yummy cakes but one has frosting.

If you don't already have a healing addon and aren't really doing real progression raiding, I would just use the Blizz frames and clique. Easy to set up, do everything you need, nothing shiny but you don't need that anyway. All these addons can decurse also.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: needed to rewrite the post, didn't notice you use healium....you can set healium to throw up an audio cue, if you haven't already.