Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Savage Defense Shields Addon or information

I've got an addon for my blood DK (BloodShieldTracker) and I'm looking for something similar for my bear.

It's not crucial, obviously, but it would be nice...

I went through the code for the BloodShieldTracker and it seems heavily dependent on the estimation of the death strike heal value to calculate the effects on the shield... enough so that I didn't see an easy way to "adapt" the code to the savage defense.

I'm curious though about two aspects of this - both the Savage Defense and the Blood Shield buffs have a value showing the amount which will be absorbed by the current shield, and this is basically what I want to see; it would be nice to see (like in the BloodShieldTracker) both the current absorb amount and the theoretical maximum (a value which stacks in blood shields, but is replaced in savage defense), but I'm fine just seeing how much will be absorbed now...

Yes, I can mouseover the Savage Defense buff and see this... but.... how tough would it to be to have a value displayed elsewhere on my screen - even just a simple print() into the default chat log, as the savage defense absorb amount is updated?

Googled and this popped up: DroodFocus.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks.
    Truthfully I've googled a lot of things and that never popped up, that's why I started looking at writing something - glad to see an easier way

Found this thread before i found anything else, too bad the add-on hasn't been updated since July, I'm going to try it out tonight looks like it still works with 4.3.

Anyone found anything else that works wells for tracking savage defense?

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 09:25 AM ----------

It does seem to still work. I had to disable like 40 other things to get just the savage defense tracker, which was a little annoying but it worked.

Would be nice if someone made a simple addon that just tracked savage defense but meh.