Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm sure china could easily organize this, without anyone ever knowing. Really!

Deleted
    Played too much World in Conflict?

Deleted
    damn! my plans are foiled now! curse you op!!

Relax. If china really wanted to they'd just nuke America.

15+ Year Old Account
    /tin foil hat
    I know they are in league with aliens too!
    Me: "Jane, take the kids and the dog to the bunker!"
    Jane: "Damn the kid we dont need them il take the laptop!"
    me: "okay, Il go get the cantaloup spoon!"

Seriously.. why in the hell would they do that.. they wouldnt be able to make your flag or everything at WallMart and sell them to you at high price!
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-05-25 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Up until a few days ago I was confident with America`s place in the world. An unshakable rock that was impossible to invade (unless Canada or Mexico go on a tangent lol). That China was an economic threat and possibly a military one but they could never actually win a ground war with America, especially on American soil. Then a thought struck me...(well several thoughts):

Invasion via cargo ships...
    Think about that. Every year THOUSANDS of cargo ships dock in American ports to unload thousands of train car type boxes of goods onto our shores. They dont get inspected until they land (and those are very sporadic and half hearted). Now think about this. China could load over a million soldiers, vehicles, hell even helicopters onto several dozen of this ships and simply hide them in the cargo containers or below deck. They dock and once they all arrive BAM! 5+ of americas largest coastal cities are overun by a massive chinese surprise attack, while simultaneously china launches missiles to take out our communication and spy satellites. America would be crippled and even if we drove the chinese forces out (and we would never get all of them, there would be bands over them roving the countrysides and unpopulated areas of America for years, possibly decades causing havoc) we would be going to war with an enemy has has us by the nuts. They make most of the stuff that goes in our jets, tanks, and other tech. Once our crap starts falling apart were screwed even worse because we cant get more parts.

Now if China did this the rest of the world would be forced to go to war with them. (China+NK vs EU, russia, India, Japan, SK, Canada, latin american countries, and a few African nations). But honestly i doubt the EU would help much, they would likely look to their own defenses and start building Maginot line crap in Eastern Europe and Russia would be pummeled into the ground by an enemy with even more cannon fodder in their army than they have. The other Asian nations would last for a while but they would also be crushed by the massive numbers. The african/South American countries that joined in wouldnt be able to do much at all.
    America would be reeling from the attack and crippled.

IF the Chinese did this i believe the war could go either way.
    So. We can invade them. We are civil these days. I can break little skinny necks easy, let em come.

I hope their War equipment works better than their cheap electronics and other cheap low quality crap.

America would never be invaded because of one simple reason.

Behind every blade of grass there is a gun. You forget. Right to bare arms. Lets not be stupid here, also roads are built for emergency plane landings, if China even put a million people on the ground in the U.S., they'd be walking into a slaughter. Also, how would they hide tanks and artillery, anything they would bring wouldn't be enough.

Bottomline, U.S. couldn't be invaded by anybody. Ever.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

So you're saying that the Chinese would send a ground army with no support by naval or air forces? Suppose they take over an entire city; then what? The United States is a massive area. Controlling one city is relatively meaningless.

Beyond the fact that there is no advantage to this, you assume they could have a MASSIVE military movement inside their borders without us taking notice. You know how hard it is to mobilize a million troops plus vehicles in any large number without a satellite picking up on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    EMP and its gone
    an emp of that calibur would wipe out more than those my friend
    plus that would bode well for us in the future
    economics and such

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

10+ Year Old Account
    You really think we don't inspect our cargo?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    So. We can invade them. We are civil these days. I can break little skinny necks easy, let em come.

I hope their War equipment works better than their cheap electronics and other cheap low quality crap.
    As apposed to that quality american engineering amirite?

you don't think anybody (non chinese) would notice the loading of those millions of soldiers/tanks/whatever in giant public harbors?
    ...just another dream within a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    no they wouldnt, we have the best missile defense system in the world, i believe the missile defence budget was one of the few things they didnt make cuts to after the cold war ended china doesnt have near enough long ranged missiles to make this a viable option.

Deleted
    If any country wanted to invade somewhere im sure they would take the more direct "bombtheshitoutofeverythinguntilwewin" approach.

herp derp i play call of duty use a ac130 and predator missile
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    Yeah, except the mutually guaranteed destruction. There aren't that many world leaders that would have everything they own and cherish annihilated within the next 55mins.

Deleted
    The scenario OP is describing has already happened. To an extent.

Wonder why they called tanks "tanks"? Well, in WW1 they needed a way of getting them into countries (France, Belgium) unnoticed, and so hid them in containers and said they were large water tanks. Hence the name.

As for the scenario, it's EXTREMELY unlikely that a) anything large enough to hold a helicopter wouldn't be noticed, b) that not one of the containers would be checked, c) the troops would need to survive a lengthy boat ride and some might even be in containers that could fall overboard, d) the "strike" would be limited to several large city ports (which, IIRC but I'm not entirely sure, wouldn't be too far from an actual U.S. Naval base)

and e) Why would the Chinese want to attack the U.S. by such a strategy? They have nuclear weapons, perhaps if they combine a few shock attacks to distract from a nuclear launch, but I really don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Up until a few days ago I was confident with America`s place in the world. An unshakable rock that was impossible to invade (unless Canada or Mexico go on a tangent lol). That China was an economic threat and possibly a military one but they could never actually win a ground war with America, especially on American soil. Then a thought struck me...(well several thoughts):

Invasion via cargo ships...
    Think about that. Every year THOUSANDS of cargo ships dock in American ports to unload thousands of train car type boxes of goods onto our shores. They dont get inspected until they land (and those are very sporadic and half hearted). Now think about this. China could load over a million soldiers, vehicles, hell even helicopters onto several dozen of this ships and simply hide them in the cargo containers or below deck. They dock and once they all arrive BAM! 5+ of americas largest coastal cities are overun by a massive chinese surprise attack, while simultaneously china launches missiles to take out our communication and spy satellites. America would be crippled and even if we drove the chinese forces out (and we would never get all of them, there would be bands over them roving the countrysides and unpopulated areas of America for years, possibly decades causing havoc) we would be going to war with an enemy has has us by the nuts. They make most of the stuff that goes in our jets, tanks, and other tech. Once our crap starts falling apart were screwed even worse because we cant get more parts.

Now if China did this the rest of the world would be forced to go to war with them. (China+NK vs EU, russia, India, Japan, SK, Canada, latin american countries, and a few African nations). But honestly i doubt the EU would help much, they would likely look to their own defenses and start building Maginot line crap in Eastern Europe and Russia would be pummeled into the ground by an enemy with even more cannon fodder in their army than they have. The other Asian nations would last for a while but they would also be crushed by the massive numbers. The african/South American countries that joined in wouldnt be able to do much at all.
    America would be reeling from the attack and crippled.

IF the Chinese did this i believe the war could go either way.
    You are assuming an awful lot tho I'd guess you live in the USA and would think that.

But china could quite easily invade in any way they wished and if they really wanted to win just down to sheer numbers, as a country they have over 4 times the population of the USA and have an ethics similar to the Japanese regarding work and commitment. A common one in the far east but something lost in the west.

China is the new super power both economically and military wise.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    So you're saying that the Chinese would send a ground army with no support by naval or air forces? Suppose they take over an entire city; then what? The United States is a massive area. Controlling one city is relatively meaningless.
    crippleing us would be the aim, after putting several major cities to the torch many would disperse to cause damage inland.