One thing I've noticed the farther I get into the game is that the mobs have more inherent characteristics such as more resistant to impairs (every mob seems to have that one, makes my current active elite about useless). Are those purgable? I know that the elemental line of skills has quite a few abilities to remove buffs but are those considered buffs? If they are then I'll be investing into the elemental line.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    One thing I've noticed the farther I get into the game is that the mobs have more inherent characteristics such as more resistant to impairs (every mob seems to have that one, makes my current active elite about useless). Are those purgable? I know that the elemental line of skills has quite a few abilities to remove buffs but are those considered buffs? If they are then I'll be investing into the elemental line.
    afaik as i know they are not and the intent is that u use the gear manager feature to 'quick switch' 'specs' in order to have skillz to deal with different type of mobs buffs

gear manager never seems to work right whenever I use it.

Deleted
    gear manager never seems to work right whenever I use it.
    http://tsw.curseforge.com/tsw-mods/deck-manager/

until patched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished my Rank 6 to 7 quest for the Illuminati. Let's just say thankfully, I had a few heal abilities learned. That was immensely difficult as pure DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Just finished my Rank 6 to 7 quest for the Illuminati. Let's just say thankfully, I had a few heal abilities learned. That was immensely difficult as pure DPS.
    Was it To Catch a Thief? If so, that one kicked my ass too.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I might be picking this up this evening when I head to Target with the family.

I've been reading their official forums fairly regularly and most people seem to be very happy with the game. I currently going through a thread asking who is re-subbing and haven't seen much negatives...most are going for that lifetime subscription thing being offered.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.... tanking. For those of you with experience in it, what sort of builds are you running? I'm looking at Hammer/Chaos with an emphasis in block, but I've only really done DPS up until this point so I'm not sure what the most effective route is looking like (assuming there even is one).

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    So.... tanking. For those of you with experience in it, what sort of builds are you running? I'm looking at Hammer/Chaos with an emphasis in block, but I've only really done DPS up until this point so I'm not sure what the most effective route is looking like (assuming there even is one).
    I really like Illuminati's goon deck for AOE tanking. I'll swap out Forking Paths for a single-target builder if I'm single-mob tanking. Has some good self-healing and mitigation procs. Once I'm down filling out elementalism, that's probably what I'll start on next. I love tanking in this game.

Edit: Took this screenshot a little while ago in City of the Sun God.

Last edited by Sj; 2012-07-15 at 03:26 AM.

So far the 2nd area of Transylvania, the shadowy forest, seems a lot easier than latter parts of the 1st area there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Was it To Catch a Thief? If so, that one kicked my ass too.
    I'm sure the Templar/Illuminati/Dragon all paralleled each other. Had to go to Shambala about a mysterious device?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same mission for all factions. I did without a heal skill or heal drinks. But I did have martial defense which saved my ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's pretty much the same mission for all factions. I did without a heal skill or heal drinks. But I did have martial defense which saved my ass.

I mean, the fight is pretty much a 2 phase fight. "adds" first then "boss". It just took me 2 deaths to figure out the "boss" and a 3rd death to get the pattern down.

Hardest part for me was to try to position the adds to get hit by the grenades

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by doozerjun View Post
    hardest part for me was to try to position the adds to get hit by the grenades

i didn't even know you could do that!!!!

I ignored all the decks. Honestly, you can follow a pre-built deck and be stuck with some crappy abilities to go with a few good ones or you can do some research and figure out a good deal about how the combat engine works. Particularly for DPS, I think the decks are more dreck than anything else. They do seem to work okay for tanking. Healing decks looked like a mixed bag to me so I copied a build off the forums after some research on the subject. Even that one I subbed an ability on though because I wasn't fond of one of the finishers.

I will grant, however, that the combat system in this game is more obtuse than most. It takes a bit of figuring to put together a build that really functions well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zestrenocya View Post
    I ignored all the decks. Honestly, you can follow a pre-built deck and be stuck with some crappy abilities to go with a few good ones or you can do some research and figure out a good deal about how the combat engine works. Particularly for DPS, I think the decks are more dreck than anything else. They do seem to work okay for tanking. Healing decks looked like a mixed bag to me so I copied a build off the forums after some research on the subject. Even that one I subbed an ability on though because I wasn't fond of one of the finishers.

I will grant, however, that the combat system in this game is more obtuse than most. It takes a bit of figuring to put together a build that really functions well.
    I started by following a deck just because I wanted the outfit it gave (Paladin for Templars). After that I started getting the abilities I really wanted and I'm now just doing decks because I got nothing else I want to spend my APs on. Just finished unlocking my third deck now.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    What you also have to consider is how well they play off each other if you are going heavy with hammer and you pick moves that weaken the target look to see if there is anything in chaos that supports or improves the weaken status.
    I started by following a deck just because I wanted the outfit it gave (Paladin for Templars). After that I started getting the abilities I really wanted and I'm now just doing decks because I got nothing else I want to spend my APs on. Just finished unlocking my third deck now.
    Same, I just want necromancer outfit.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    meh ... I'm stuck with the stupid Exorcist outfit - and I'm not even finished ;(

But I really want the Executioner one ...

Just got to the 2nd Transylvanian zone, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Gypsies, medieval castles, and lots of fog! Atmospheric overload!

Here's some photos on LOW graphics settings, at 720p:

direct link + more pics: http://imgur.com/a/gSDFd

Last edited by Borzo; 2012-07-15 at 05:46 PM.