Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OK so I plan on picking up this game this week sometime, but have a few questions the main one being can you use a deck that is for say a Dragon and be a Templar? or are you limited to a skill set per the faction you pick?
    The deck rewards are faction-specific, but the ability setups for the decks themselves are not. Each faction has the same ability wheel, but different premade decks that give rewards.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Doesn't work I tried it various times. I rolled to Arcadia but now I am stuck on some kind of other dimension. I made a petition.
    It is a known issue that some players ended up on the wrong dimensions. Hopefully your petition gets that sorted out. Good luck!

OK so I plan on picking up this game this week sometime, but have a few questions the main one being can you use a deck that is for say a Dragon and be a Templar? or are you limited to a skill set per the faction you pick?
    You can mix and match as you please. The pre-designed decks are more like suggestions (and they unlock a costume). As you get more comfortable with the skill wheel you'll most likely start to create your own decks for different situations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    You can mix and match as you please. The pre-designed decks are more like suggestions (and they unlock a costume). As you get more comfortable with the skill wheel you'll most likely start to create your own decks for different situations.
    and sooner or later there will be fotm-builds ... some guys in my guild are already theorycrafting with ACT and various dps-decks and tank-decks and stat combinations ...

i sincerely hope that they (or someone else) will not find that one deck that produces the most damage/threat/heal output, or that the differences between the decks are so minimalisitc that no one cares.

SO its like in SWTOR between the two factions, the abilities do the same thing but have different names? and can you have like 6 deck builds unlocked on 1 character and change whenever you want? or do you need to create multiple characters? For instance I want to build a Paladin, but love the Shotgun turret sentry that the Grifter has is there a Templar ability like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    and sooner or later there will be fotm-builds ... some guys in my guild are already theorycrafting with ACT and various dps-decks and tank-decks and stat combinations ...

i sincerely hope that they (or someone else) will not find that one deck that produces the most damage/threat/heal output, or that the differences between the decks are so minimalisitc that no one cares.
    Funcom says they plan on keeping track of that sort of thing and make adjustments as necessary.

---------- Post added 2012-07-16 at 12:08 PM ----------

SO its like in SWTOR between the two factions, the abilities do the same thing but have different names? and can you have like 6 deck builds unlocked on 1 character and change whenever you want? or do you need to create multiple characters? For instance I want to build a Paladin, but love the Shotgun turret sentry that the Grifter has is there a Templar ability like this?
    The ability wheel is identical regardless of the faction you play. You can unlock any and all abilities, and mix and match them as you see fit (limited by equipped weapons). There is no need to have more than one character. You're only limited by having active abilities from two weapons at once. You can equip any combination of passives.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    It doesn't seem to work. I just went from SC to KM and I am still on Cerberus. I started to play on Arcadia (RP) I am 100% sure I did yet there doesn't seem to be a way to get back to there. I'll just make a ticket for it.
    Contact a GM. There was an issue (may still be) even if you selected a different dimension it would sometimes (semi-rare) put you on a different dimension. A GM, should be able to help you move to the desired home dimension. BTW, what does F9 (not shift F9) say? Just pressing F9 shows home dimension while shift F9 shows current dimension you are in (when you get invited to a different one).

I know Grim is 6, and I want to say Arcadia is 3 (though don't quote me).

Thanks for all the help, In other mmo's I like to heal, but from what I have been reading its tough to heal unless your in a group, is there a good dps/heal combo that people are using as i really want to heal, but don't want progression to halt due to slow killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    This will be sorted with nerfs. Players find fotm->Funcom nerfs->players rage->players find fotm->Funcom ... same story as in other games.

Thanks for all the help, In other mmo's I like to heal, but from what I have been reading its tough to heal unless your in a group, is there a good dps/heal combo that people are using as i really want to heal, but don't want progression to halt due to slow killing.
    I think this is really related to the gear you are wearing more than speccing into healing. True healing gear has almost no damage stats which kind of sucks. So you are pushed into keeping at least a partial dps set for soling. If somebody has healing spec that works well solo with healing gear I am all ears.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slane View Post
    Contact a GM. There was an issue (may still be) even if you selected a different dimension it would sometimes (semi-rare) put you on a different dimension. A GM, should be able to help you move to the desired home dimension. BTW, what does F9 (not shift F9) say? Just pressing F9 shows home dimension while shift F9 shows current dimension you are in (when you get invited to a different one).

I know Grim is 6, and I want to say Arcadia is 3 (though don't quote me).
    Both times it says I'm on dimension 1 even after I joined someone who is on Arcadia. That person said it is a bug. I made a petition, but I can't say I've been impressed by CS in this game. They said Arcadia is full and not accepting new players. But when I log on, it says Cerberus is also full, and Arcadia is my original server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    "Funcom shares tank following Secret World launch" http://www.gamespot.com/news/funcom-...launch-6385871

People foreseeing that TSW won't do well? We will have to see.
    In a world with wow and gw2 ?!? Yeah, it won't do well, sorry.

It will be a niche game similar to EVE Online. I don't think anyone really thinks differently. That doesn't mean it can't do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    If that happens it will be the first time I will feel truly ashamed of being part of MMO community. But I don't believe it won't do well.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

And what happens when the GW2 bubble pops? There's no way it's going to live up to the expectations.

Bold statement brah. I'll give it a try too. TSW is better than wow. BAM!

Let's not turn this into a TSW vs. X discussion guys. Keep it on TSW.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Let's not turn this into a TSW vs. X discussion guys. Keep it on TSW.
    You're right. Sorry I rose to the proverbial bait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    And what happens when the GW2 bubble pops? There's no way it's going to live up to the expectations.
    diablo 3 situation

anyway on topic, anyone knows when or if we can change character face -.- my character looks bad (and tbh i really want to change from male to female, did not know about the game system when i started and thought i will have a 2nd character. looking at a dude ass 24/7 is bad)

Think you'll have to wait until late August. That is around the timeframe the developers have said that improved character customization will be in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mostly given up on the game for now because no one wants to group up in savage coast and I'm using one of the survival builds (AR/blade) but it's just way to boring by myself. Maybe I'm playing at the wrong time but eh I'll take a break from it for now =/
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    You tell readers of your site not to "...wish failure on the competition" but you comment on GW2 (not just this time, I've seen your previous sideways remarks about GW2 in the past) as if failure is just a forlorn conclusion. It makes you come off like a hypocrite. Maybe you should take some of your own advice on dating your MMO. The tribalism bullshit, no matter how you try to disguise it, is getting old.

I like TSW, I'll be damned if it isn't a breath of fresh air in the MMO realm and I've loved every moment of it so far. This has been the first MMO in a looooong time I've felt has truly been worth the cost. I will gladly keep a sub with Funcom till I've literally run out of things to do or my only choice is to repeat the same content over and over again (and at my pace that will be quite a while).