One question though: How long does it usually take to get into using melee weapons and eventually auxiliary weapons? I know aux. weapons are pretty far into the game, but a usual time frame would be nice.
    You need to be rank 6 to start the aux weapons missions. You can reach rank 6 sometime between blue mountain and Egypt. Blue mountain is the 3rd zone you visit on Solomons island.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks Zito.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Awesome, thanks Zito.
    Well tbh I got to rank 4 by savage coast (2nd zone you visit) because I did EVERYTHING in kingsmouth (first zone you visit)

You'll find you probably will want to do aux. weapons later than ql 6 to be honest though, no so much because they'll not be useful but more that the amount of AP you'll need to get in which to get the skills for them will be rough going. I'd wait till you're either towards the end of egypt or mid transylvania before bothering. Transylvania missions give a heap more xp than the earlier zones. (short of some newer exceptions such as this issues awesome new content)

Some of those are rough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got drunk last night, made a impulse purchase but at least I remembered to start the install. My luck its going to go on sale today for 50%....

Oh well, patching patching patching =)

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Got drunk last night, made a impulse purchase but at least I remembered to start the install. My luck its going to go on sale today for 50%....
    That'd be awesome if it did. I know I lot of people that are holding out for a higher discount (currently 25% on Steam).

Deleted
    I just bought it yesterday, been thinking 'bout it ever since the free weekend(back in august I think) and after the sub fee was removed it made my decision final. I am currently just a few quests into Solomon Isle (The same quests i've done at least 2 times before) and I already love it and is very excited(I got to Blue Mountain on the trial period). And being excited about stuff you've done twice before... it have never happened to me before in any game, and from what I've played TSW really is one of, if not THE best MMORPG game I have ever played.

Not sure how the friend list/Server/Faction thingies are working but I am currently playing Illuminati on the Grim server, so if anyone would like to play/guide me feel free to say so :3

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, TSW is f2p now?.

Deleted
    Hi guys, so I'm getting the game today

The thing is, I would like to know how much does it weight, since my internet speed is a little slow and I don't want to spend the day downloading the game, I would rather wait to see if it gets cheaper and start downloading while sleeping during night.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Wait, TSW is f2p now?.
    It's b2p. You have to buy the game and you will have to buy the issues if you want to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Hi guys, so I'm getting the game today

The thing is, I would like to know how much does it weight, since my internet speed is a little slow and I don't want to spend the day downloading the game, I would rather wait to see if it gets cheaper and start downloading while sleeping during night.
    It's somewhere around here .... 30-40GB for a fresh install I think.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Really? Thats a huge number of gbs even for an MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Omg, 40gig. 
    I haven't downloaded it fresh, but apparently it's 40GB yep. The VO makes games big.

my folder is currently 35.5 GB so that should be an average.

Deleted
    Currently downloading the game, Steam says it's just a 18gb download so I guess it will have to patch after finishing downloading.

Which is the best website to get information about classes/specs of TSW? I would like to check it while the game is downloading

Currently downloading the game, Steam says it's just a 18gb download so I guess it will have to patch after finishing downloading.

Which is the best website to get information about classes/specs of TSW? I would like to check it while the game is downloading
    It's a large download because there's so much audio. As far as class/spec info, there aren't any classes and you can use some of the pre-built decks until you get the hang of how synergies between actives and passives work; then you're ready to build your own.

Oh to any new players, I really suggest RP realms. The communities are more active and helpful.

Pretty standard for modern releases with high resolution graphics (even though I wouldn't say TSW is the most visually impressive game). Tera is around 30-40, so is SWTOR, I think GW2 is in the neighborhood as well.

Even single player games are cresting 10GB pretty consistently, which used to be unheard of.

You can search for decks. I was using http://www.endgameguides.com/TSW/Abilities/General/167 to get the general overview of what is what.

Deleted
    Thanks Repefe for the link! But now I have some questions about decks.

How do the outfits (clothes) work? Do you get them automatically when completing a deck? Can't they be changed or replaced?

And also, I'm thinking of roling as a Templar but I would like to try making a Blood Magic/Blood Magic, but I see the only two decks are from Dragons :S

Thanks Repefe for the link! But now I have some questions about decks.

How do the outfits (clothes) work? Do you get them automatically when completing a deck? Can't they be changed or replaced?

And also, I'm thinking of roling as a Templar but I would like to try making a Blood Magic/Blood Magic, but I see the only two decks are from Dragons :S
    When you complete a deck, you click "claim reward" on the deck's sidebar at the bottom and the clothes automatically go into your dressing room.

The ability wheel is exactly the same for each faction. You can just write down the abilities from the deck you want and fill them out on a character of any faction. I like a few of the Dragon decks, but the faction itself doesn't do anything for me.