Quote Originally Posted by Ortwig View Post
    Issues 1-4 come with the game. 5 and 6 must be purchased.
    hmm i saw six in the store but not five for some reason.

Issue 5 is free, you can claim it from the boosts/account tab in the item store.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember why I loved this game so much. Just finished the new Investigation mission in Kingsmouth "Digging Deeper". The last phase took me ages. I'm going back through all of Solomon Island to finish all the new missions out there. Oh and I love that I can FINALLY remove my gas mask from my Illuminati uniform.

Oh and I blew through all of my points buying outfits...
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-05-01 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Issue 5 is free, you can claim it from the boosts/account tab in the item store.
    ah ok thx.

edit: not actually free btw.
    Last edited by everydaygamer; 2013-05-01 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I remember why I loved this game so much. Just finished the new Investigation mission in Kingsmouth "Digging Deeper". The last phase took me ages. I'm going back through all of Solomon Island to finish all the new missions out there. Oh and I love that I can FINALLY remove my gas mask from my Illuminati uniform.

Oh and I blew through all of my points buying outfits...
    They added a really good investigation mission in Egypt as well. They're improving slowly but surely.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    ah ok thx.

edit: not actually free btw.
    hmm, it was free for me

maybe it's only for those that bought the game before december

Anyway, logged on today for the first time in ages. They added some nice outfits. I just wish the game had a better character creator, specifically the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    hmm, it was free for me

maybe it's only for those that bought the game before december

Anyway, logged on today for the first time in ages. They added some nice outfits. I just wish the game had a better character creator, specifically the head.
    That's what it was. If you bought it within a few weeks of changing business models, you got Issue 5 as part of the purchase.

And yes, WTB BETTER CHARACTER MODELS (specifically faces) AND MORE HAIRSTYLES (long hair would be nice). For serious, it looks like my character got hit by a bus. Models look much better in AoC. And it's a damn shame, because there are so many fabulous outfits in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be satisfied with better short hair options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that mission is insane. Actually most of the investigation missions are just nuts.

When I do finally break down and have to consult a guide, I also enjoy reading how the authors had to figure the puzzle out. It also makes me feel like a complete idiot for not figuring out what to do. Some people's problem solving skills are just way beyond me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Yeah, that mission is insane. Actually most of the investigation missions are just nuts.

When I do finally break down and have to consult a guide, I also enjoy reading how the authors had to figure the puzzle out. It also makes me feel like a complete idiot for not figuring out what to do. Some people's problem solving skills are just way beyond me.
    I had to consult a guide for the music notes, other than that I did it on my own. Very frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.

Very frustrating and enjoyable at the same time.
    That's what I love about the game. That sense of accomplishment when you finally figure things out is just great.

so i got 1200 bonus point from doing 30 missions and trying to figure out what to spend them on. my question is if there is any benefit to buying the dlc packs when you're still at the beginning of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    so i got 1200 bonus point from doing 30 missions and trying to figure out what to spend them on. my question is if there is any benefit to buying the dlc packs when you're still at the beginning of the game?
    The Issues are more geared towards players that have finished most of the story. You won't miss out if you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The Issues are more geared towards players that have finished most of the story. You won't miss out if you wait.
    ok thx, already got a speed boost so might just get a 3 day AP boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still catching up on the new missions and investigations, haven't added any AP or SP to my skills yet. Anything special needed to get one of the Aux. weapons? Also, can you craft them?
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2013-05-02 at 05:14 AM.

You'll get a "free" aux for completing the mission chains to obtain them. I'm not sure if you can craft them tbh, never thought about it. To learn the skills for them costs 50 SP.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 03:17 PM ----------

Joel Bylos was kind enough to reply to a tweet where I asked him if Issues are still monthly. He said with the reduced team and three projects (they work on AO, AoC, and TSW at the same time) they're going to get them out as quickly as quality allows.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 04:55 PM ----------

Got this email a bit ago. Double AP is going to be nice.

GOLDEN WEEKEND IN THE SECRET WORLD
    This coming weekend (from Friday the 3rd at 3pm CET/6am PDT through Sunday the 5th of May) everyone can enjoy tons of bonuses in The Secret World! Make sure you don’t miss this great opportunity to reap some very valuable rewards.

If you pick up the game now direct from Funcom we will throw in $15 worth of Bonus Points for FREE! These are valid for 6 months and can be used towards any purchase in the Item Store.

The Golden Weekend contains:

Double Ability Points!
    Every time you earn an Ability Point during the event you also get an additional one as a bonus. This stacks with the bonus from Timed Ability Point boosts from the Item Store.

Free Membership Months for Recruiting!
    For every new player you recruit this weekend you get a free month of Membership in addition to the Veteran Rewards you get normally (if you are a Grandmaster customer you receive $15 worth of Funcom Points instead). (To receive this bonus you must invite between now and the end of the Golden Weekend and the recruit must purchase The Secret World within 30 days.) Your recruitment page is available here.

Great Deal on Funcom Points!
    During the Golden Weekend you get 30% extra Bonus Points every time you purchase Funcom Points! Bonus Points are valid for 6 months towards any in-game purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that email too. It's gonna help me a great deal catch up, especially with all the AP&SP cost for aux weapons. Which, btw I just knocked out 3 out 4. The chainsaw mission was ... something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where are the Aux weapon missions located? I don't think I've run across any yet. I did have a mission in Blue Mountains where I killed a bunch of zombies with a Chainsaw, but it got taken away after the mission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm Illuminati so I can tell you where I got mine (using a spoiler tag):
    Quantum Glove - Moose, Kingsmouth, Police Station
    Rocket Launcher - Illuminati HQ, Special Mission
    Chain Saw - Dr. Aldini, NY, Modern Prometheus

I don't know where to get the whip.

The missions were "hard" to me and I'm QL 9. Had a cabal buddy help me out.

Well, I'm Illuminati so I can tell you where I got mine (using a spoiler tag):
    Quantum Glove - Moose, Kingsmouth, Police Station
    Rocket Launcher - Illuminati HQ, Special Mission
    Chain Saw - Dr. Aldini, NY, Modern Prometheus

I don't know where to get the whip.

The missions were "hard" to me and I'm QL 9. Had a cabal buddy help me out.
    Same deal with Templars. Whip starts at Nassir (dancing guy) in Scorched Desert. You have to have Last Train issue to be able to pick it up.