Deleted
    Woohoo I met someone in TSW in my guild who also happened to have played SWTOR. What a small world!

Some piece of advice for beginner: before you start check out the decks and just go for a deck at start. This way you're not wasting AP/SP on a build which isn't viable. I love just going with the flow, learning this type of stuff later on but you cannot respec (you will just gain more and more points though).

Oh and how is Inferno with QL3? Doable? Because I enter SC and I immediately see the quest for that instance. It says "very hard" (is this difficulty dynamic?)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    There was hype around TSW? I guess that's really in the eye of the beholder.
    People who invoke the word hype are just using a proxy word to say "I don't find this game good". It seems some kind of odd jealousy, combined with an arrogant/snobby I-know-how-popular-THIS-should-be. I'd just write an argument with the word hype off unless it actually tries to prove how or why something is hyped (which almost never happens). Often it turns out to be a flamebait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, i didn't even know this game was released LOL. Their PR is so bad, this game will proove how much PR is required to make any business successful. I like the game play concepts but i do not like the theme. If there were another MMO with the same conceps but with a more fantasy theme i'd gladly play it, i wouldn't however play a game that reminds of me resident evil, i might as just play resident evil or any zombie apocalypse survival game for that kind of theme.
    RE isn't a MMO tho. TSW is a mystery genre with horror and fantasy elements. The gameplay involves ARPG-style combat, stealth, puzzles and riddles, and MMO-style PvP/E. Keywords: Phantasmagoria, Sanitarium, Resident Evil, ARPG/MMO, NWO, conspiracy.

Keep in mind that you are not limited to decks of your faction. You can very well build yourself martial artist deck as templar. You just don't get the outfit.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Oh and how is Inferno with QL3? Doable? Because I enter SC and I immediately see the quest for that instance. It says "very hard" (is this difficulty dynamic?)
    I would recommend Q4+ for inferno. It's quite tough, especially if you have a lot of melee damage dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    RE isn't a MMO tho. TSW is a mystery genre with horror and fantasy elements. The gameplay involves ARPG-style combat, stealth, puzzles and riddles, and MMO-style PvP/E. Keywords: Phantasmagoria, Sanitarium, Resident Evil, ARPG/MMO, NWO, conspiracy.
    It's an mmo, even the creators of the game call it an mmorpg it even says so on the website. what you are naming are themes that are represented in the game. I would've stuck around after beta but i don't want to pay a monthly fee for something of this caliber. Just like most people say and i agree with them, it does feel like a single player oriented rpg. which is fine and all but to me it's not worth a sub from me, the theme is really what kills it for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekowaffle View Post
    I would recommend Q4+ for inferno. It's quite tough, especially if you have a lot of melee damage dealers.
    Q3/Q4 is just fine, it is advised to pick up a Q5 weapon tho from the vendor on the top left of savage coast, its only 40 tokens.

I did it with a bunch of guildies and the only really 'hard' bosses was the 5th, which will have u push it in the end quite hard, but its doable, and were all pretty much Q3/Q4, i even had a few Q2 item as did some party members.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylamoo View Post
    It's an mmo, even the creators of the game call it an mmorpg it even says so on the website. what you are naming are themes that are represented in the game. I would've stuck around after beta but i don't want to pay a monthly fee for something of this caliber. Just like most people say and i agree with them, it does feel like a single player oriented rpg. which is fine and all but to me it's not worth a sub from me, the theme is really what kills it for me.
    He said RE isn't an MMO...

He wasn't talking about TSW. He then proceeded to elaborate on the theme etc. of the MMO that's called TSW.

We just Cleared all the Elites so i wanted to give a short summary before moving up to nightmare.

The Dungeons are easy and challenging at the sime time which sounds strange but Funcom nailed it there all the Bosses can be summarized with:
    Dont stand in bad stuff and interrupt whatever you can so it seams easy at start but there are so many things beside it that it does even challenging at times. I love the desing that your group is able so fast to just switch from melee to ranged dps or get builds with more survivability etc it makes for a really dynamic group play.

Only thing that lets me really down so far is the Chat it is buggy (since the beta).

Oh yeah and favorite quote so far:

Don't let yourself be blinded by free will!

Quote Originally Posted by Earris View Post
    We just Cleared all the Elites so i wanted to give a short summary before moving up to nightmare.

The Dungeons are easy and challenging at the sime time which sounds strange but Funcom nailed it there all the Bosses can be summarized with:
    Dont stand in bad stuff and interrupt whatever you can so it seams easy at start but there are so many things beside it that it does even challenging at times. I love the desing that your group is able so fast to just switch from melee to ranged dps or get builds with more survivability etc it makes for a really dynamic group play.

Only thing that lets me really down so far is the Chat it is buggy (since the beta).

Oh yeah and favorite quote so far:

Don't let yourself be blinded by free will!
    What rank are you at the moment? I swear people became even more dedicated since I've been hardcore in wow years ago. I haven't played nonstop since the early access but I've played plenty seeing as I've had two holiday days at the beginning of the week and I'm half past rank 5.

From the videos I've seen it looks like a standard MMO without classes. What's so good/special about it other than setting/questing/story? Or is that all there is to this game?

Honestly wondering.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    From the videos I've seen it looks like a standard MMO without classes. What's so good/special about it other than setting/questing/story? Or is that all there is to this game?

Honestly wondering.
    Unique things about this game:

1) The environment. Dark, foggy, atmospheric. Hidden locations. Places that remind me of Amnesia. The sounds. Spookiness. Steven King, Lovecraft.

2) Mature content. Adult body parts, adult words, adult gore, and adult circumstances and situations and scenarios.

3) Questing involves solving puzzles and mysteries Sherlock Holmes style. Many of the solutions to the in-game puzzles are actually NOT even in-game. Many of the solutions are OUTSIDE of the game. In real-world books, websites, songs, etc etc. Some quests may take some people hours to just figure out using pen + paper + web browser. Some people even have to resort to iPhone apps and 3rd party signal processing software to find solutions to some puzzles.

4) No classes. You mentioned this, but this is pretty significant. Skills are handled much like Guild Wars 1, but with even less restrictions.

5) Lots of cutscenes and dialogue scenes. Sort of like SWTOR, but better. (Though your own character doesn't talk, and has no dialogue choices.) Most characters have interesting and semi-important "fluff" dialogue, and they have a lot of it.

At this point, you may as well wait for the reviews to start rolling in, and you can see what they have to say about it. I've been playing for about 3 weeks, and it's been the best MMORPG experience I've ever had. I've even skipped forward to some of the high-level zones (closed beta) and the content there was pretty dense and plentiful -- so it would seem the positive things about this game extend to the whole game, not just the starter zones.

Wow I just recently learned about the existence of this game and it's already out. I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing because I missed a few days of game time but I didn't suffer waiting for the game.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manybadgers View Post
    Wow I just recently learned about the existence of this game and it's already out. I don't know if it's a bad thing or a good thing because I missed a few days of game time but I didn't suffer waiting for the game.
    And the plus plus is that you're not part of the crowd who waited 3+ years for the game only to be disappointed on beta events.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post

Honestly wondering.
    What more should be special about game besides class system, settings&questing&story. Help me out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    What more should be special about game besides class system, settings&questing&story. Help me out here.
    i think he is asking, is it really a fun game ? or is it that people are over hyping it like the recent swtor/diablo games... ?

i think the game is fun, i take my time doing quests. going pvp every 2-3 quests done in the world.. testing various abilites...

Quote Originally Posted by mandus View Post
    i think he is asking, is it really a fun game ? or is it that people are over hyping it like the recent swtor/diablo games... ?

i think the game is fun, i take my time doing quests. going pvp every 2-3 quests done in the world.. testing various abilites...
    Ppl may be overhypping the game now, but not in the sense that the game does not deliver what they describe, but in the sense ppl have different tastes. That and TOR/D3 were overhypped before they were released ... TSW hype started after release.

Ppl may be overhypping the game now, but not in the sense that the game does not deliver what they describe, but in the sense ppl have different tastes. That and TOR/D3 were overhypped before they were released ... TSW hype started after release.
    What does "hype" mean?

Advertising by the company?

Or just positive reviews by players?

Or is it just "optimism"?

The thing is, you can advertise and be optimistic about a game before it launches. But it's all bullshit, since the game hasn't been out yet!

But once a game is out, you can... you know... actually play it. The players may love the game! But that's NOT bullshit, since they have first-hand experience with it!

So I think there's a big difference depending on what you mean by "hype".

Post launch; it is first hand experience, but it is subjective. That's why from some players point of view it may look like overhypping the game. But the game is awesome if you are into zombie, mystery, modern settings stuff ... do believe it

I love most of the missions/quests so far. Yeah quite a few of them are kill quests (not sure how you can get around that honestly) but it is all about the presentation. The theme park in the Savage Coast has to be my favorite part so far. I felt like I was in an interactive Tim Burton film there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching a guy streaming this game and I must say it looks really amazing, the dungeons and some of the boss mechanics seems interesting.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Hype is such an overrated word.

Sure, in the beginning of a game stuff is new and you're enthusiast but we realize that. If you base yourself on facts not much can go wrong. You decide which reviews you read and how to interpret them.

The other problem with claiming "hype" in MMO context is that in something like a subscription-based game it applies in a strange way. Because as soon as you buy the game you have limited game time. Then you have the arms race to end level (not necessary in some MMOs like TSW and GW2 but traditionally there in WoW), and the endless grinds.

There are people who knowingly buy the game and know they're not going to be subscribed long (but may come back), there are those who are not sure, and there are those who are for example pretty determined or completely sure they will play the game for a longer period.

I don't think there's much advertising going on for this game, maybe not enough, but it isn't high budget like SWTOR.