Question Alternative Cooling

So a friend and I were dicking around one day, tossing ideas back and forth and we began talking about his recently built computer and he was talking about how loud it's fans were. I jokingly suggested that we just cut a hole in the side of his mini-fridge and slide his computer in then to put the cut out section back, cutting out a space for all the cables and such. Now this started off as a joke, but we began discussing it and if it could actually work; putting something in there to make sure no water condenses on the computer, keeping it off when the computer isn't working at a high pace and such, but the gist of this thread is to see if this method could be even remotely possible (We don't plan on doing it was just wondering)
    Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    1) If you've really found a way to remove condensation from the mini-fridge, please tell us how. Even small amounts of moisture build-up could short out circuits and potentially cause permanent damage.
    2) You put the computer inside the mini-fridge, but what is venting the warm air out of the fridge itself? Fridges aren't built with airflow in mind, it will simply fill up with all the heat being generated by the PC.
    3) If you want decent cooling and less noise, it would be a shitload more hassle-free to go with a watercooling setup in the first place. If you're really wanting to get building crazy stuff and modding the computer, check out Phase-Change cooling
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2011-05-31 at 04:08 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=373263 tl;dr always a fun topic, but fridge condensers aren't designed for the continuous heat loads.

Mineral oil submersion cooling has been fun since the days of Dr. Ffrezze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtufuXLvOok
    Moonkin maybe looking for raiding guild.
    Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | Abit IP35 Pro | 8GB DDR2 | XFX GTX 260 | Crucial C300 128GB | Asus Xonar STX | Corsair 550VX | Dell U3011 | IBM Model M | Razer Naga

Thanks for the feed back haha
    @xuval Wasnt planning on actually doing it we were just wondering if the whole thing would be remotely possible, he got some large fans to cut back on the noise though