Poll: Dwarf

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by metaladdict View Post
    It was a morgul blade, it could have been any ring wraith. And i'm pretty sure i'm stretching this ALOT but he reminded me a lot of this guy http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Morgomir" from Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2: Rise of the witch-king.

Also yes, the part of him beëing burried pist me a little of as a nerd nit picking son of a bitch that i am

EDIT:
    i know the game is non-canon but it stil reminded me of him

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:15 PM ----------

also, while i'm nit picking a like a moterF**** it annoyed the hell out of me when they called goblins orcs, there is a bloody difference for fucks sake!
    They specifically state that it was the sword of the Witch King - and no, in Tolkiens universe a goblin = an orc. It's the same creature it's stated in the first LotR book, that goblin is the hobbit word for orc. The reason as to why there are so many different looking orcs is that there are different types of orcs since they were bred for different tasks.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They specifically state that it was the sword of the Witch King - and no, in Tolkiens universe a goblin = an orc. It's the same creature it's stated in the first LotR book, that goblin is the hobbit word for orc. The reason as to why there are so many different looking orcs is that there are different types of orcs since they were bred for different tasks.
    and the ones living in the misty mountains are kind of different because they were not made for an army they are just kinda wild.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    and the ones living in the misty mountains are kind of different because they were not made for an army they are just kinda wild.
    Yup, the Gundabad and Misty Mountain orcs are big, savage and apparently bearded - they had a kinda gruff Skyrim'ish vibe.

Deleted
    I'm a hardcore Tolkien fan and I love the originals films deeply.

And so it crushed me when I realised The Hobbit was a bad film.

I knew I was going to be watching a film based on a kids book, but I didn't really think it would have been this bad.

I'm still sad about it, and sadly, I feel LoTR has been infected, honestly.

Negatives:
    - Childishly immature dialogue, acting, etc. (Crushingly to the point of slapstick jokes. Such a rich universe filled with substance, reduced to nothing.)
    - Lack of character development
    - Basic cliche, linear plot with Deus Ex Machinas throughout
    - Bad CGI
    - Brainless action
    - Character designs are mostly bad (pale orc and Goblin king, for example. Necromancer was generic.)
    - "dull, over-long, self-indulgent CGI popcorn movie"
    - "No suspense, no guesswork, no excitement." (No tension as I knew no character would ever die.)
    - "If you do things for money, you destroy the spirit of the venture."
    Last edited by mmoc6dd45b8008; 2012-12-18 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    I'm a hardcore Tolkien fan and I love the films deeply.

And so it crushed me when I realised The Hobbit was a bad film.

I knew I was going to be watching a film based on a kids book, but I didn't really think it would have been this bad.

I'm still sad about it, and sadly, I feel LoTR has been infected, honestly.

Negatives:
    - Childishly immature dialogue, acting, etc)
    - Lack of character development
    - Basic cliche, linear plot with Deus Ex Machinas throughout
    - Bad CGI
    - Brainless action
    - Character designs are mostly bad (pale orc and Goblin king, for example. Necromancer was generic.)
    - "dull, over-long, self-indulgent CGI popcorn movie"
    - "No suspense, no guesswork, no excitement." (No tension as I knew no character would ever die.)
    - "If you do things for money, you destroy the spirit of the venture."
    I don't really know if I can believe the top part and the bottom part at the same time.

Obviously, that I don't agree is all there is to say to it. The things I have highlighted is because of the book, and the top thing is kind of too. The other two quotes I'd find funny if they weren't making me sad.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-12-18 at 09:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I don't really know if I can believe the top part and the bottom part at the same time.

Obviously, that I don't agree is all there is to say to it.
    Yeah I utterly agree - nothing else to be said than "Don't agree".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post

Obviously, that I don't agree is all there is to say to it.
    Then I honestly don't believe you were watching the same movie, or you just disregarded my points because you refuse to believe it. I guess you are the type of person that likes to laugh when trolls fall over?

I wish I could have said it was a good movie, but I can't, and I am literally saddened.

Then I honestly don't believe you were watching the same movie, or you just disregarded my points because you refuse to believe it.

I wish I could have said it was a good movie, but I can't, and I am literally saddened.
    I think you either havent watched the movie, or read the book one or both.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Then I honestly don't believe you were watching the same movie, or you just disregarded my points because you refuse to believe it. I guess you are the type of person that likes to laugh when trolls fall over?

... Or we actually liked the movie because we weren't busy acting like an overly melodramatic elitist....

Bad CGI? Bad character designs? That's the one thing they do good if you in believe nothing else. It's clearly an improvement over the tech used in LOTR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Or we actually liked the movie because we weren't busy acting like an overly melodramatic elitist....
    Ah, so it's impossible for a movie to be bad? And if one thinks it is, then one must be wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    "Basic cliche, linear plot with Deus Ex Machinas throughout"
    "Lack of character development"
    "Bad CGI"
    "Brainless action"

Yeah I agree, I don't think we were watching the same movie.
    Are you serious?

Gandalf is a walking deus ex machina.

I literally counted 4 during the hanging from a tree/eagle scenes.

Are you serious?

he was in the book too, does that make the hobbit a bad book?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Are you serious?

So, according to what you've previously said about the film, by extension you're implying that The Hobbit is also a bad book?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are you serious?

I literally counted 4 during the hanging from a tree/eagle scenes.
    Gandalf - the angelesque being with supreme magic power and wisdom - a deus ex machina? Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurely not....

Saw it. When they were in Rivendell I was reminded why the LotR movies were so good, and why The Hobbit wasn't. Better luck with the worthwhile acting next movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    he was in the book too, does that make the hobbit a bad book?
    I didn't read the book.

So what if he is or isn't in the book...we're talking about the movie here.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ah, so it's impossible for a movie to be bad? And if one thinks it is, then one must be wrong?
    It's cute how first you slam someone for disagreeing with you, saying that disagreeing with you is the same as denying the truth - and then continue to do the very same thing - bravo good sir, bravo!

I didn't read the book.

>Hardcore Tolkien Fan
    >Didn't read the book.

GTFO
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read the book.

But you say your a hardcore Tolkien fan you haven't even read the book oh lordy, next plz
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!