Poll: Dwarf

Page 80 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    lol anyone seen the swede Michael Persbrant's role in hobbit 2? What a shame, they could make him look more intimidating not look like joe dirt or something. Dont like it and i hope they change how he looks in human form.
    http://stoppapressarna.se/sites/defa...randt_stor.jpg
    http://media3.domcoola.se/2013/10/mi...%C3%A4ning.jpg
    Why? That is pretty much how I pictured beorn when I read the book.. Aslong as he is badass in his other form I am happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Why? That is pretty much how I pictured beorn when I read the book.. Aslong as he is badass in his other form I am happy
    Have to see him in action first but it looks wierd/out of place, not like i pictured him. We will see maby he's awesome.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I'm glad Evi is getting work, I can't wait to see her in action.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ridiculously excited for Persbrandt's part. As a fellow swede I can't help but feel a bit proud of him being in such a big movie ^^ He usually only play the "badass" in movies too and with his voice I think he can pull this off really guud
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I'm ridiculously excited for Persbrandt's part. As a fellow swede I can't help but feel a bit proud of him being in such a big movie ^^ He usually only play the "badass" in movies too and with his voice I think he can pull this off really guud
    Yeah he's a good actor, will be great to see him in a big role.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Saw Unexpected Journey in EE. The added scenes are nice, they've cut like 3-4 setting building scenes/montages. The Goblin King sang the goblin song, plus some other stuff, so they cut like half his screen time. Rivendell has gotten the most extra scenes, and a really neat scene between Elrond and Bilbo was there too. The White Council meeting was also extended a lot, which was interesting. The beginning flashback got some nice scenes and touches too. Worth a watch before the second part comes out.

I can see the point people made about the part before the Journey/Rivendell began being long, but I think it was thematically important, and that it will shine rather well once all three parts are out and it shows the before journey - journey - after journey structure better, as well as showing the development of Bilbo.

- - - Updated - - -

Livestream here: http://www.youtube.com/thehobbit

Livestream ended.

Looking at the stuff The Desolation of Smaug, am I the only one that thinks there's a bit of disconnect between An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug + There and Back Again?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-11-04 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Saw Unexpected Journey in EE. The added scenes are nice, they've cut like 3-4 setting building scenes/montages. The Goblin King sang the goblin song, plus some other stuff, so they cut like half his screen time. Rivendell has gotten the most extra scenes, and a really neat scene between Elrond and Bilbo was there too. The White Council meeting was also extended a lot, which was interesting. The beginning flashback got some nice scenes and touches too. Worth a watch before the second part comes out.

I can see the point people made about the part before the Journey/Rivendell began being long, but I think it was thematically important, and that it will shine rather well once all three parts are out and it shows the before journey - journey - after journey structure better, as well as showing the development of Bilbo.

- - - Updated - - -

Livestream here: http://www.youtube.com/thehobbit

Livestream ended.

Looking at the stuff The Desolation of Smaug, am I the only one that thinks there's a bit of disconnect between An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug + There and Back Again?
    I won't be seeing the EE of any of them until they release the entire CE of the trilogy in a box-set. I hope it was good!
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

The new poster for The Desolation of Smaug is pretty awesome, and very Lord of the Ringsish:

Bigger picture
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-11-05 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneek Peek at new trailer taken during the live stream
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Sneek Peek at new trailer taken during the live stream
    [video=youtube;lfflhfn1W-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfflhfn1W-o#t=0[/vide]
    A bit spoilerish at this point.

Ugh, 80% of the elf scenes made me cringe. It's like they took the surf-shield and mumakil solo scene and amped it up to 11. Other than that, looks really good.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Ugh, 80% of the elf scenes made me cringe. It's like they took the surf-shield and mumakil solo scene and amped it up to 11. Other than that, looks really good.
    Somebody doesn't like elfs! Sounds like racism!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Somebody doesn't like elfs! Sounds like racism!
    If you think that's the reason, durrr.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

If you think that's the reason, durrr.
    In Amurica, "that's racist" is the winning argument of any situation!

More seriously, what is the specific reason then?

10+ Year Old Account
    You just wish you could do that in real life. You also wish you could be a fox that flies a highly advanced starship called an Arwing too, but then again everyone does.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    The Extended edition completed the hobbit and realy made it better.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

The end credit song has been let loose upon the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    The end credit song has been let loose upon the masses.
    Meh... Not a bad song, on the contrary, but i don't know... It doesn't fit quite well with the mood of the story.

May it be was great. It spoke of the growing darkness and Enya even sang in Sindarin. Awesome for Fellowship.

Gollum's Song showed well the despair and wretched nature of Gollum. Very good for The Two Towers.

Into the West was the perfect conclusion to the LotR trilogy. It was nostalgic and really, Annie Lennox makes all movie themes great.

Far over the Misty Mountains Cold: It was inspired from the book, its feel carried out the determination and companionship of the Dwarves for the beginning of the trilogy.

Now that... Maybe if they add an orchestration from Howard Shore? We'll see. I would have expected something more gloomy or sinister. That sounds like a song you would listen comfortably in your living room on a cold winter's evening... However, the feeling could be quite different depending on the way the movie ends. Maybe then will I think the song fits better.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Btw did anyone else spot benedict cumberbatch in the new production blog video? maybe it was only 2 seconds but not hard to miss
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    The Extended edition completed the hobbit and realy made it better.
    Good to hear. Going to pick it up in the next day or two.