This is what I love about this game -

You decide you want to do a certain quest so you mark it on your map, fast travel to the closest location and head to the marker. On the way you pick some flowers, kill a bit of wildlife and happen upon a game trail. Now the tough crossroads decision... hit the game trail for a little ways because you can always find the marker on your map but not the trail! On the game trail you find a tower guarded by some bandits. Cleaning that up you see a ruin down below, guess a quick peak in there wouldn't hurt. 30 minutes later the ruin is cleared and you're ass deep in loot so you pop out to fast travel back to town to fence and put away this new loot. But wait, a dragon is in the sky halting your fast travel. You kill it, loot it, fast travel back to town. Now your storing stuff, mixing potions, making leather, fencing, selling and son of a... you need to feed (since you're a vampire) so you take care of that real fast. Now.... to head back to that marker. You fast travel to the ruin you did last and make your way to the quest marker. Back on the main road again you find a guy in need. He tells you about a certain book he needs from a cave not so far away and marks it on your map and promises you a nice reward... Might as well knock that out since it's right here right? Turns out the book is a trap and it sends you to tower somewhere else on the map completely. Now you can't fast travel because you need to fight your way out. After you get out of that cave and you go to fast travel you notice a very large fire up ahead near a wooden bridge... ETC ETC ETC.

Should I buy this game on Xbox or PC? I'm running 2 9800GT 1GB SLI, 4 gigs of ram, and a 2.66 quad core - it's a little old, canyourunit is saying I'm half way between recommended and required and if that's the case then I'd rather just get it for the Xbox. I don't want to have to play it on lower settings. I've been playing it on my buddies Xbox and it looks great, the controls aren't terrible, but I'd much prefer a mouse/keyboard if I could. I've been hearing that it runs smooth as butter on most systems, even slightly older systems, but I'd some further input if possible. Any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    Should I buy this game on Xbox or PC? I'm running 2 9800GT 1GB SLI, 4 gigs of ram, and a 2.66 quad core - it's a little old, canyourunit is saying I'm half way between recommended and required and if that's the case then I'd rather just get it for the Xbox. I don't want to have to play it on lower settings. I've been playing it on my buddies Xbox and it looks great, the controls aren't terrible, but I'd much prefer a mouse/keyboard if I could. I've been hearing that it runs smooth as butter on most systems, even slightly older systems, but I'd some further input if possible. Any thoughts?
    The 9800gt sli should be better than the xbox graphics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

5 days later, I'm 50 hours into the game, level 40, max smithing and sneak, wielding legendary blade of woe + mehrunes razor and an frost enchanted legendary daedric bow which I named Freezing Hell

I'm having a great time playing this game. so glad blizz didn't release 4.3 yet

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This cover of the main theme made me FUS RO DAH in my pants.

Anyone find an enchanting or one handed weapons trainer yet? I STILL have not come across one.

Quote Originally Posted by rofltroll View Post
    but I'd much prefer a mouse/keyboard if I could.
    The entire game is made for console. Controls, menus, everything is optimized for a game pad. You can't even mouseclick most stuff in the menu or inventory for example. Normally I prefer PC to console, especially when playing RPGs. But in this case I guess I'm going to try the ps3 version, because the PC version just annoys me to hell...
    /thread

Can anyone assist me on how to get into the ruins of Avanchnzel? The one door I found is "blocked from the other side" and this Lexicon Cube I have is telling me I need to go through that door.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Can anyone assist me on how to get into the ruins of Avanchnzel? The one door I found is "blocked from the other side" and this Lexicon Cube I have is telling me I need to go through that door.
    If thats part of the quest for the elder scroll then the entrance you need is slightly down the cliff face behind you (theres a path leading there), should show up if you make the lexicon your main quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Anyone find an enchanting or one handed weapons trainer yet? I STILL have not come across one.
    I'm pretty sure there's an 1h trainer in whiterun, but I may be wrong. but I do know I've seen one

Quote Originally Posted by Ultion View Post
    If thats part of the quest for the elder scroll then the entrance you need is slightly down the cliff face behind you (theres a path leading there), should show up if you make the lexicon your main quest.
    I have the quest tagged but it leads me to a door way up at the top, which ends up being barred and I can't get in. I'll scour around a bit more for another way in.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_(Skyrim)

scroll down a little and it shows some known trainers for all professions

so far, 2 things really bother me with skyrim :
    -HDR pupil effects ("auto" brightness change) : that damn crap is killing my retinas, wouldn't mind to know how to disable it.
    -no multiple characters management system : i mean cmon, we're in 2011 and you're going to tell me no one ever asked for it?

Here's a list of trainers for every skill: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/S...im%29#Training

Edit: georgevonfranken beat me to it.

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    -no multiple characters management system : i mean cmon, we're in 2011 and you're going to tell me no one ever asked for it?
    Yeah, this is probably my biggest gripe about the Elder Scrolls series as a whole. I've been frightened to create more than one character since Morrowind, when I accidentally overwrote my level 40 Redguard Warrior with a level 5 Wood Elf Archer... They really need to separate multiple characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I have the quest tagged but it leads me to a door way up at the top, which ends up being barred and I can't get in. I'll scour around a bit more for another way in.
    You should have one quest to reach the elder scroll, and another from that crazy wizard guy who wants you to use the lexicon, tagging the lexicon quest revealed the entrance when I did it...

Should I just make cheap Iron Daggers all the way or just purchase the Steel from vendors? I'm sitting on 10 000 Gold coins now so money shouldn't be a problem. I have 25 or so in Smithing at the moment, getting a set out of Daedra or Ebony would be nice enough.
    Buying iron ore, ingots and leather and making iron daggers is a very easy 100 smithing and considering the effort to find and mine ore, buying from vendors is the cheapest way overall. You can get also get lots of free ingots if your willing to steal them, particularly from the smithy in solitude (that will teach those imperials! ^_^).
    Last edited by Ultion; 2011-11-16 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Came across one that was perched and brooding over an outdoor-area dragon word wall, and it took me a good 10 minutes to kill it, forcing me to dodge behind pillars to avoid its firebreath quite a bit, and it would one-shot me if I got into melee range. TONS of health, too.
    I love those =d Sneak behind, dualwielding powersneakattack with conjured swords, full complement of perks to go with them and dark brotherhood double snea kattack damage-gloves. You can see his health bar blink to 10%, then disappeaer. He takes off, crashes at your feet sundering the earth, and burns.

...and i could only reach his tail with those. I'd imagine if I managed to hit him in the face he would just evaporate ^^

Deleted
    Could anyone tell me how to use Azura's star? Finished the questline but I don't have a clue about what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Could anyone tell me how to use Azura's star? Finished the questline but I don't have a clue about what to do with it.
    It's a soul gem. Souls go in it when you soul trap creatures and then slay them. Unlike regular soulstones, once you use Azuras Star to make/recharge an enchantment, it is not destroyed with the used soul and can be filled up again.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    It's a soul gem. Souls go in it when you soul trap creatures and then slay them. Unlike regular soulstones, once you use Azuras Star to make/recharge an enchantment, it is not destroyed with the used soul and can be filled up again.
    Couple that with the Mace of Molag Bal, and it is awesome.

Deleted
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the help! Is it possible to make use of that mechanic as a pure mage (meaning without using melee weapons)?